ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz.'s Honda Accord Type R (VTEC Kicked in etc)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah there are a lot of problems with them that can come up . My one cost me a small fourtune but was running a ( FLEE MAP ) @ 270 BHP and 275 LB/FT .

Had a sort of diff at the front to try and help with torque steer .

Was good fun good old turbo lag too :)

I like them, but there's too much potential for a massive bill. Plus they really shouldn't be FWD.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I don't know if it's been mentioned and I know that you have experience of the MK2s but I really think a mapped mk1 MPS is a good idea for you.

I'm massively missing RWD. I want to play proper opposite lock again, not letting off the throttle because it wants to go in a straight line.

Plus buying the older version of your stepdad's car isn't cool.

Peugeot 308
Nope. It seems you either love them, or hate them, and if you love them, then you become a complete and utter mindless spastic who can't acknowledge there are other cars than Hondas.QUOTE]

That is actually 10000% True down where I live! Its actually confusing trying to understand there blinkered vision.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
And Ford fans, VAG fans, the lot.

I'm a Jap fan through and through, but I've owned just as many non Jap cars. Hell, I've owned a FIAT, an MG and a Renault, I can do cack cars!

VAG fans are the worst.

My mate was trying to tell me his golf handles well with cheap ebay coilies, get fucked lad

They don't handle well anyway, bags of understeering cack.

Got the car back today from having a new clutch fitted. A little plate that sits near the springs had decided to abandon ship...

646BE1EB-FDC6-485D-9EA1-1190AB24A7E0-8098-0000089CD239418A.jpg

Now operates spot on again thankfully. All I need now is a front splitter and rear bumper and it can be put up for sale.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
VAG fans are the worst.

My mate was trying to tell me his golf handles well with cheap ebay coilies, get f**ked lad

Every VAG forum seems to think JOM coilovers are good. For me and a few mates w've found they're s**t. Very.

They don't handle well anyway, bags of understeering cack.

Got the car back today from having a new clutch fitted. A little plate that sits near the springs had decided to abandon ship...

Now operates spot on again thankfully. All I need now is a front splitter and rear bumper and it can be put up for sale.

Plenty of meat on it still. Got to be annoying.

I think you should buy this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk2-Celic...9606904?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item589a862df8 lol. Shame it's not a 2jz

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Every VAG forum seems to think JOM coilovers are good. For me and a few mates w've found they're s**t. Very.

Was same when I had my Arosa sport, they all wanked over JOM, Raceland, TA Technix. They were all the same shite lol.

Like the clio each accord type r drives differently, maybe more so with the h22a7 being hand finished. Maybe yours required a head skim if it felt all or nothing powerband wise. The best vtec engines don't even require stirring amazingly, and are fast enough off the second cam.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Like the clio each accord type r drives differently, maybe more so with the h22a7 being hand finished. Maybe yours required a head skim if it felt all or nothing powerband wise. The best vtec engines don't even require stirring amazingly, and are fast enough off the second cam.

This thread is 5 years old and the OP hasn't been on in 2 years......