ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz.'s Honda Accord Type R (VTEC Kicked in etc)

Never above 25mpg
Silver is brill! Subtle colour but could work to advantages! Headlights were overdue for a good clean!

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Sold my ATR last year, always wanted one since I first saw one, way more than a CTR! Something amazing about them!
Seats and dash I prefer far more than CTR too! And the Ferrari steering wheel, lush!!
Mine was in silver, had 5th synchro done at Honda (cost a grand) and I loved the s**t out of it!
Had a bloody good buy at the time, sold for profit but regretted it, all standard except a filter.
Only downside was MPG, I was averaging about 27 at best, but vtec was seriously addictive and it was so good at driving fast, so planted at speed.

Yours looks lovely mate, makes me miss them loads!! :(

Here is mine:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349435481.140698.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349435506.691590.jpg

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Not that much can get some bits cheep or used .

RBC inlet £ 300

2.5 B pipe £ 180

Japspeed 4-2-1 + de cat Manifold £ 250

Gruppe M copy £ 200

K/100 £ 800

£ 1500-1700 all in for a + 60 BHP & 40 LB/FT is not to bad

That graphs almost 3grand later! Bet it shifts though!

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Not that much can get some bits cheep or used .

RBC inlet £ 300

2.5 B pipe £ 180

Japspeed 4-2-1 + de cat Manifold £ 250

Gruppe M copy £ 200

K/100 £ 800

£ 1500-1700 all in for a + 60 BHP & 40 LB/FT is not to bad

Too right, I'm surprised at what just a k100 will do with mid range power, showed a 35bhp increase at 6k...! Massive improvement. I think if you can do equivalent of the stage 5 for less than 2grand, it's got to be worth it, would be an absolute weapon without touching internals! Would chuck in an aftemarket chain, guides an tensioner though at that point!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
my one should be between the two as i have Gruppe M 2.5 B pipe PRC inlet manifold ( Integra DC5 manifold ) & K/100 .

Should be at about 220-230 ish .

Not to bad for the price .

Get the ATR done as well on the same date :)

Too right, I'm surprised at what just a k100 will do with mid range power, showed a 35bhp increase at 6k...! Massive improvement. I think if you can do equivalent of the stage 5 for less than 2grand, it's got to be worth it, would be an absolute weapon without touching internals! Would chuck in an aftemarket chain, guides an tensioner though at that point!

Ripped out the front tints today, they were asking to be pulled over and were far too "Bradford" for my liking.

Film ripped out...
430C0515-208A-4F51-B886-4DE4E581C6B7-234-000000092859EF43.jpg

And a boat load of pure acetone later...
8E1149D2-5800-41A1-81A0-F9412D7152C2-234-000000092DDDFF1E.jpg

47F6A233-DA33-432A-836A-BABDD9B6C5AE-234-0000000932CA690C.jpg

Much better. I'll leave the rears as it's a crap job, and they'll help slow down the rear seat fade.

Also need to give it a service, but might wait until I can do it inside TBH.

So, I was going to service her today. Woke up to the slushy icy mess this morning and thought sod that. I'd changed the plugs Thursday night as it seemed a little hesitant on the colder mornings, and they appear to have made a difference...

3E6874C4-0FA0-4A9F-8641-0C126B72987C-12769-00000D5EC52CC211.jpg

Instead of doing the fuel filter, oil filter, gearbox oil & cabin filter today, I decided to fit an S2000 Aerial as my electric dong mast sounded horrendous. Not a bad job, only takes about 30 minutes.

C3ACC72F-99D4-4793-9175-9D4D977410A8-12769-00000D5EBE8C99E8.jpg

788CD39F-1CAA-45B3-8400-00290D3377B7-12769-00000D5ECE337E3A.jpg

410B4F50-318E-4265-A6AD-1E3C429AD3D3-12769-00000D5EDB18B244.jpg

47904659-C04E-49D1-B98D-E75B0B1F8902-12769-00000D5EE03A00CC.jpg

720B447D-0B48-4A9D-BB5F-281B4EBF7913-12769-00000D5FF5D12AED.jpg

After a bit of b*****disation of various components and a home brew bracket, that's the end result. I chucked some water over it and it appears to seal. If it starts leaking I'll just tiger seal the s**t out of it on the inside. All I need to do is get an aerial cable adaptor, and find the old live to the aerial to power the signal amplifier.

My 9 has iridium plugs in it now, the old non-iridium ones weren't that old but I'm sure (probably placebo in full effect) the switch has made an improvement.

There's not a lot in them, the plugs I took out looked pretty good too, but they certainly seem to be better. I ran the NGK iridiums in the Nissan & MG so it seemed a no brainer to stick with something I know is fine. Significantly cheaper than the likes of Denso too.

120d M Sport
Good to see you're doing a good job of tidying it up! That was all I thought it needed by my initial comment.

Saw a pal of mine the other day who has been running one of these for a few weeks, it's a dark purple/aubergine colour, lovely car!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Good to see you're doing a good job of tidying it up! That was all I thought it needed by my initial comment.

Saw a pal of mine the other day who has been running one of these for a few weeks, it's a dark purple/aubergine colour, lovely car!

Pirate black iirc?

Finished off the S2000 aerial conversion today (still haven't sealed it, seeing as it hasn't leaked despite taking it through the jet wash at work). Used a 99p screw type aerial adaptor from Halfords as per the existing guides, then found there's no screw fitting. So I've taped it in place, which works fine. I then brutalised the old wiring plug to remove the aerial power feed pin (blue & white wire), slid it onto the pin in the S2000 aerial connector, and jobs a good 'un, found another 5/6 channels that couldn't be picked up with the power disconnected...

7B016BD7-DE90-4942-B844-A4A6870FBC30-10536-00000A93D206F17C.jpg

Also chucked in some new OEM mats as mine were past their best...
46F08EAC-6314-4796-B4F5-16341A54B1C4-10536-00000A92D5EFCF42.jpg

I also chased up a couple of niggles;
Recently the boot seemed to keep creeping loose yet staying on the latch. Turned out the latch had worked it's way loose, so that was an easy fix.
I'd also been getting annoyed with a rather stiff and awkward to modulate throttle at very low revs (making the 15mph speed limit at work a real ballache). Took some slack out of the cable and lubed the assemblies up both in the bay & in the footwell, which seems to have helped a lot.

It's getting engine oil, filter, fuel filter & gearbox oil done on Friday by Matt at SlideMotorsport as he charges so little, and I just aren't interested enough ATM to crawl about under it. Still waiting on my frigging coilovers too, only paid for them 2 week since.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Didn't even know there was a thread on this.

Coming along nicely - although I suspect you will 'do a jim' and sell it within 6 months, because you forgot to budget for council tax or something.

I've budgeted for council tax lol.

However, it's just too f**king slow for me. I actually find Soph's 182 is more suited to how I drive (not that I want to own one), as it has a bit more going on below 5800rpm unlike the Accord.

I've volunteered for more life ruining turbine outage next year (6 months again), so if they let me do that it'll be gone as soon as Evo or Skyline money is in my bank. If not, then I'll need to find something else.

53 Clio's & counting
I've budgeted for council tax lol.

However, it's just too f**king slow for me. I actually find Soph's 182 is more suited to how I drive (not that I want to own one), as it has a bit more going on below 5800rpm unlike the Accord.

I've volunteered for more life ruining turbine outage next year (6 months again), so if they let me do that it'll be gone as soon as Evo or Skyline money is in my bank. If not, then I'll need to find something else.

Thats because you have been used to boost and got lazy ;)

It will take a while to get used to revving a car again, and I have to say what a great choice for a car - always wanted one!

Is it actually that slow though? last one I drove once on the boil was quite nippy, easily 1*2 pace, and once I got used to lauching it right it did fly along very quickly.

Whats the miles on it?

Any car that needs 2nd gear to overtake a 40mph moron swiftly is a joke in my book. It's nippy when you rev the tits off it, but it just feels slow to me. I'm finding it mightily frustrating.

It's done 80k.

Sound like you need derv....LOL

They're just as f**king bad, with their 2000rpm powerband. Spend more time changing gear in DERVs than Hondas, and that's saying something.

I'd rather not have a Ph1, I bought Jap for a reason, stuff works on them. Very useful when you've shine all to live on thanks to houses.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
They're just as f**king bad, with their 2000rpm powerband. Spend more time changing gear in DERVs than Hondas, and that's saying something.

I'd rather not have a Ph1, I bought Jap for a reason, stuff works on them. Very useful when you've shine all to live on thanks to houses.

I sometimes wonder why you bother with this forum with your general hate towards Clios lol:S.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I really cannot understand this logic.

I have never ever broken down in a clio. And i've owned some right s**t heaps.

I sometimes wonder why you bother with this forum with your general hate towards Clios lol:S.

I like the forum. I like driving them. I just don't fancy owning one.

That's all good and well Dan, but it doesn't change the fact they're just not all that well built. I've had a Renault. It didn't break down. But f**k me it was poorly designed and built.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oh I agree, but I couldn't give a rats ass what its built like, as long as I enjoy driving it! lol.

The wife gets given the well built german/jap cars, I drive the rattle boxes! :D

When you work day in day out on poorly designed old crap, you appreciate owning a car that's been designed/built a little better!

Well, you do if it excites you anyway. Like I said, I actually prefer Soph's 182 to this, just don't want to own one.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The way Clio's frustrate me and please me all in one go is why i've had 3. I can see your logic though Gaz, when it does f**k up i really do think Honda/Mazda.

But for that brisk 1% when everything and i mean everything works; worth it all day long.

Seen how much a decent Chaser costs? Don't have the pennies Chris, not by a long shot.

I could sell this, my Regas and Azevs, plunder my savings and shares, and I'd maybe just scrape a Chaser. Then I'd be fucked if anything broke on it or the house.

Like I said, if my boss releases me to do the Turbine Outage at work next year I'll have something stupid again.