ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear Stick problems (182)

Black R27, 205gti
Hello,

I've just bought a FF 182 with suspension cup pack. However when i accelerate fast (Traction Control kicks in) the gear stick vibrates immensely. This is right?

Also how poor are the brakes on the 182? Even the brakes on my 205 gti where better :D

Bora TDI - (ex172)
welcome

not sure about the 182, not driven one, but my 172 brakes are 100 times better than my old 205 gti.

As for the gearstick, not sure, mines solid - stick around. someone will give you an answer soon enough

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to Clio Sport:D

The brakes on my MK2 172 are good, but i've heard of a few people that have had problems with they brakes on their 182's.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
the brakes are very good on the 182. :S ...not sure bout the gearstick as i dnt know how much u mean. mine vibrates but

Black R27, 205gti
Thanks for the welcome,

Hmm, the gearstick problem is hard to explain really, i only noticed it once or twice when it was wet. The brakes always underbrake, maybe i will get them upgraded to something a little better.

Another thing, does anyone know why somestime my car will bleep twice when i've just switched the alarm on? Sometimes it does it, sometimes it wont?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
A vibrating gear selector will be down to a faulty engine mount / bent driveshaft / selector bushes in the bottom of the rod knackered etc - take it back and get it sorted if its still under warranty. If it only works when the traction control kicks in it may just be a characteristic of the car - to be honest ive never come accross that problem before.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
The 182 brakes are pretty decent for standard IMHO,maybe take it to Renault or a decent local garage and have them look over it including engine mounts etc.