ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearstick gaitor has come loose

Can't seem to get it back in place. There only seems to be one clip at the top, the rest is just the 'leather' stapled to the plastic part and there's nothing to clip into the centre console housing.

Any ideas how I can get it to fit properly again? It's pissing me off seeing the light underneath it at night time :(

May get a pic later if anyone is unsure what I'm on about!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Very common problem.... Mine's broken too, i find brute force fixes it for a week or so, but it's getting less effective. I should stop being so lazy and just go and get one really!

There is meant to be too small tabs at the back that have probably broken off. A new one is like 10£ from reno.

Hmm will investigate. tbh I've not actually looked at it properly in the day time yet so unsure what's broken. £10 is nothing but it's just hassle

Duct tape...

Never leave home (in a Renault) without it !

Haha very true. I've got all sorts of random stuff in the car 'just incase'

Very common problem.... Mine's broken too, i find brute force fixes it for a week or so, but it's getting less effective. I should stop being so lazy and just go and get one really!

Shame everything on these cars that breaks is a "common problem". Cambelt snapped? Common problem. Washer jets not working? Common problem. Wheels fell off? Common problem :boring:

Stripped yozza'd cup
LOL.

They do have a lot of common problems.... if you weren't prepared to spend the rest of your days fixing things, you shouldn't have bought a Renaultsport ;)

Here's the list of 'common problems' that I have had over my 4 months of ownership..... hopefully it will make you feel a bit better....

- Gear gator broken
- Lambda sensors broken
- Speedo sensor broken
- Rear shocks replaced
- Washer jets broken
- Dephaser pulley
- Steering wheel thumb grip fell off

Most of the common problems are small things tbf, cambelts and what not aren't all that common really, mostly due to people mistreating them.

LOL.

They do have a lot of common problems.... if you weren't prepared to spend the rest of your days fixing things, you shouldn't have bought a Renaultsport ;)

Here's the list of 'common problems' that I have had over my 4 months of ownership..... hopefully it will make you feel a bit better....

- Gear gator broken
- Lambda sensors broken
- Speedo sensor broken
- Rear shocks replaced
- Washer jets broken
- Dephaser pulley
- Steering wheel thumb grip fell off

Most of the common problems are small things tbf, cambelts and what not aren't all that common really, mostly due to people mistreating them.

Yeah I've had most of those issues too, aside from the speedo sensor. My springs broke aswell! I don't mind too much as the car is great fun when it's working, just seems to be one thing after another.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
depending on whats broken you might be able to 'jam' it in place, on mine the tabs nearest the handbrake (call it the bottom) are broken, so i tucked the bottom under the tab that sticks out of the centre console and pushed the top down on the top clip, that was 3 months ago its been fine ever since, iv removed it and put it back the same way a couple of times too