ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

George's TURBO 182

Do you actually ever drive it or do you just buy parts then take it to Andys? Haha

What are your thoughts on the O2M? A lot nicer than the JC5?

Ha ha ha yes! For month's at a time, I just can't help buying different bits. It'll never be finished.

I really like it. A few people have commented that the gear change isn't a crisp, but to be honest that's a small price to pay for better rations (imo) and the comfort of having a gearbox that won't explode at a hint of boost!

RB Clio 182
All is well mate, it's at @Andyrg@ ClioTurbo's at the minute. I am having a Race Technology Dash 2 fitted so I don't have to faff around with mounting gauges etc etc.

How's yours?

Good good :)

Mine seems fine at the moment, my downpipe studs keep coming loose even with nordlocks, I'm not sure what else I can do to keep them tight.

The turbo to manifold is still tight and fine tho, have your downpipe bolts stayed tight?

I'm still loving it and I'm going to get my wheels powdercoated soon, I'm also thinking of taking it back to Andys for forging and the boost turned up :)

Good good :smile:

Mine seems fine at the moment, my downpipe studs keep coming loose even with nordlocks, I'm not sure what else I can do to keep them tight.

The turbo to manifold is still tight and fine tho, have your downpipe bolts stayed tight?

I'm still loving it and I'm going to get my wheels powdercoated soon, I'm also thinking of taking it back to Andys for forging and the boost turned up :smile:

Mine haven't been a problem to be honest - what downpipe are you using?

I desperately need to get my 182 wheels done, they are horrendous! Ha ha, that's a slippery slope Tom - a slippery slope.

RB Clio 182
Mine haven't been a problem to be honest - what downpipe are you using?

I desperately need to get my 182 wheels done, they are horrendous! Ha ha, that's a slippery slope Tom - a slippery slope.

One of clioturbo's downpipes mate, its as tho the turbo expands under heat and the bolts shake loose :(

RB Clio 182
Needs a brace on the downpipe imo. Vibrations always travel to the furthest point, hence the nuts coming loose.

Cheers pal, ill get one made up hopefully that will sort it, its only a few bolts we are talking about but its annoying and they aren't the easiest things in the world to reach.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers pal, ill get one made up hopefully that will sort it, its only a few bolts we are talking about but its annoying and they aren't the easiest things in the world to reach.

I'm in the process of getting a new downpipe made that's going to have a brace onto the block as I've cracked 3 of the big company down pipes right on the bend.

I'll let you know how I get on as the guy making them is going to make a jig to make more in future if the one he is making now is successful! I'll keep you updated.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Ha ha ha yes! For month's at a time, I just can't help buying different bits. It'll never be finished.

I really like it. A few people have commented that the gear change isn't a crisp, but to be honest that's a small price to pay for better rations (imo) and the comfort of having a gearbox that won't explode at a hint of boost!

Oops .. Your fault George :wink:
Screenshot_2015-03-29-10-53-15.png
Screenshot_2015-04-01-20-35-55.png

Little update.

My car is off to be largely turned back to standard this weekend. I have become tired and frustrated and the continuous little niggles that come with turbo clio ownership. For most of the time the car has been outstanding and the performance has been truly heroic for the money spent, but it's time to move on.

Maybe I am getting old! I am looking forward to enjoying a N/A car again, being able to use a good chunk of it's performance daily and to have a car that will be significantly more peaceful and easy to live with.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Little update.

My car is off to be largely turned back to standard this weekend. I have become tired and frustrated and the continuous little niggles that come with turbo clio ownership. For most of the time the car has been outstanding and the performance has been truly heroic for the money spent, but it's time to move on.

Maybe I am getting old! I am looking forward to enjoying a N/A car again, being able to use a good chunk of it's performance daily and to have a car that will be significantly more peaceful and easy to live with.
What sort of niggles have you been having mate?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Amazing how many people go the turbo or charged route spend loads then sell up ! Are you selling all the parts off geort or is Andy buying them back ?

RB Clio 182
I'm the same mate andys just quoted me another £1400 bill to refurb the box and engine.

The cam seal popped off which Imo isn't my fault which caused the engine damage.

I'm undecided what to do, but if I do get it repaired its getting put up for sale soon afterwards.

Do not turbo a none turbo car = problems galore!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'm the same mate andys just quoted me another £1400 bill to refurb the box and engine.

The cam seal popped off which Imo isn't my fault which caused the engine damage.

I'm undecided what to do, but if I do get it repaired its getting put up for sale soon afterwards.

Do not turbo a none turbo car = problems galore!
I've had a quote for £1004.23 to do a gearbox rebuild mate. And that was just the parts.........

For reference a recon box from Renault can be had for £900 with your old box taken in exchange.

What sort of niggles have you been having mate?
Initially I had a great deal of problems with the Engine Dynamics kit: it fitted poorly, the fuel pump failed and the downpipe was useless.

After all these parts were replaced, the oil squirters 'fell out' - which were no ones fault and was just bad luck.

After the 02m conversion I found the increased vibrations (of which I was fully warned about) too much for road use and took some of the enjoyment away for me. Although it was probably essential for the 340bhp I was running.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Initially I had a great deal of problems with the Engine Dynamics kit: it fitted poorly, the fuel pump failed and the downpipe was useless.

After all these parts were replaced, the oil squirters 'fell out' - which were no ones fault and was just bad luck.

After the 02m conversion I found the increased vibrations (of which I was fully warned about) too much for road use and took some of the enjoyment away for me. Although it was probably essential for the 340bhp I was running.
Ah right ok. That's a lot of grief though tbf! You would've been better off fitting the full Meg 225 engine and box. That way you get a stronger box and a engine that's designed to be boosted from the off. Just my opinion though of course.