ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

George's TURBO 182

It was me who built the engine.

When the block was bored the engineering company removed the oil squirt jets to allow it to be bored. They then refitted the new jets after the work was carried out. I collected the block, and the various other bits they had done and assembled the engine.

I stupidly didn't check they clearance of the jets as the company I used for the work have done many many Clio engines so just took them to be correctly fitted- clearly an error.

Since seeing this thread I have contacted Andy RG off my own back and the repair to George's engine will be done by Andy to no extra cost to George. I will be covering the cost.

I would again like to apologise to George and hope the car isn't off the road too long while this gets sorted for him.

Very honorable thing to do.

b2320e00783616d72b587335370aea7e.jpg

Nearly finished!!

J55BUD

ClioSport Club Member
  172cup
Lovely car mate just had a good read throught your build so far.

Can't wait to get my cup to Andy in January and enjoy some boost.

RB Clio 182
I got frustrated yesterday on a drive home. So I drove I to a powerflow franchise and handed them money until it got sorted.

Essentially they made a new link pipe from scratch - using the flanges of the ill-fitting ktec link pipe. They also 'modified' the RS192 so it actually fits well now!

I have the problem with the exhaust knocking on the subframe too, i am going to call at powerflow tomorrow if i get time to see what they can do, its a horrible sound.

Not all good news unfortunately...

It's decided it doesn't want to idle at anything less than 2,000 rpm - so Andy is going to investigate and after it's fixed it'll be taken back to Scoff to be finished! (A big thanks again to both of them for their tireless efforts to keep my temperamental machine in tiptop condition @Andyrg@ ClioTurbo)

I am hoping i'll be able to attend the January East Midlands meet in it!

Yeah, I'd say! Careful in the white stuff... (if you have any)

It's good to see her coming home :smile:

Thanks mate. That's one of the reasons I am getting it tomorrow - I was trying to dodge the worst of the weather!

Great news. That's serious power in a humble clio! Jesus.

Wouldn't want to drive it in the snow, lol. Traction may be an issue. [emoji5]

I'll be taking it very gently. Very.

RB Clio 182
I bet you cant wait to get it back mate, what niggles have you had ironed out?

I went back to Andys and had the nord locks put on the studs holding the downpipe on, but theres none holding the turbo to the manifold on, these have come loose now 😧

Without proper access its difficult to nip them up, especially the bottom ones.

Great figures mate, that will be awesome!

Glad it's back and how you wanted it. I'm in awe you have the O2M with diff! Knowing if I went to Andy in the first place I could of had that too [emoji15] you anything else on the horizon or just enjoy it as it is?