ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting rid of interior mould/smell

'03 1.2 Dynamique
Car has a leaky sunroof, and was sitting outside as I was working away from home the last month. I was mid repair for the sunroof, however, the bit of polythene duck taped down has blown away, thus leaving a loose (and very leaky) sunroof sitting in the hole.

Anyway have returned to slightly mouldy seats, and some puddles of water in the footwell.

Any recommended products for removing the mould, and more importantly removing the smell?

Any old interior shampoo will remove the mould mate.
Just need to scrub. Leave the windows open all day.

Also check underneath your rear seat. Water very often collects here and can smell, so worth cleaning that too.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd personally undo the four bolts from under the car holding the seat in and remove it to give the whole thing a clean, also lets you get right under there.

Interior shampoo both seats, as you wouldn't want one being brighter than the other.

Fiesta ST200
Auto Glym super interior cleaner. A scrubbing brush, a chamois and a lot of elbow grease. Job done :)

Black Gold Trophy
Megs all purpose cleaner is perfect for cleaning interior upholstery in my opinion, along with some microfibre cloths.

After that go over it with some Aquartz clean air