ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GF's Mum Reversed into my 172!!

Megane 225
Anyone know what way a third party claim works? Repairs are going to be 2800, and car is worth around 3800-4000. Will they write it off or what?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
wont be a write off as cost of repair is less than the car and its not your insurance. Just have to tell both insurance partys and let them sort it

Megane 225
get some pics up

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
fuckin ell

she now your ex girlfriend? or have you banged the arse off her for being a dumb b**ch?

and where the hell did you get £2800 from? renault?

you can get that fixed for around £1k all in (inc parts) from any decent bodyshop

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
f**kin ell

she now your ex girlfriend? or have you banged the arse off her for being a dumb b**ch?

you can get that fixed for around £1k all in (inc parts) from any decent bodyshop

i agree my bill was £3000 but i mangled the whole front end, that just looks like swaping parts, but good luck ;)

Megane 225
f**kin ell

That's the quote I got from bodytech in Northern Ireland! My bro's 2 busy to fix it till 3weeks time and I wouldn't let it go anywhere else but his place or Bodytech!

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
f**kin ell

That's the quote I got from bodytech in Northern Ireland! My bro's 2 busy to fix it till 3weeks time and I wouldn't let it go anywhere else but his place or Bodytech!

her insurers should sort out all that

Megane 225
f**kin ell

i agree my bill was £3000 but i mangled the whole front end, that just looks like swaping parts, but good luck ;)

Needs new quarter panel, inner guard, door and side skirt (depending on whether it can be removed easily! That's about £850 worth of parts! Plus fitting and painting! A 1/4 pannel will take around 5 hrs to remove and refit! It's alot o time on the quote!

Punto/Clio GTT

Needs new quarter panel, inner guard, door and side skirt (depending on whether it can be removed easily! That's about £850 worth of parts! Plus fitting and painting! A 1/4 pannel will take around 5 hrs to remove and refit! It's alot o time on the quote!

£850 for a quarter and door?!? lol side skirt aint touched, neithers the door mouldings. if the inner arch is snapped then fair enough will need another one.

still, any decent bodyshop could do it for around 1k, just make sure it aint a huge one that charges £40 an hour labour etc.

Megane 225

£850 for a quarter and door?!? lol side skirt aint touched, neithers the door mouldings. if the inner arch is snapped then fair enough will need another one.

still, any decent bodyshop could do it for around 1k, just make sure it aint a huge one that charges £40 an hour labour etc.

It's going through her insurance so I'm not worried about cost at all! That's the full figure they gave me, before the assesor comes out to agree a price! Bodytech are 1 of the only Body shops in Ireland that are approved by Aston Martin and Ferrari etc and the owner is my mates cousin. There are 2 many s**t bodyshops around NI that don't take any care or attention to what they are doin. I'd rather get it done by someone I know I can trust! A 1/4 panel is 350 and door is 200. Plus impact kit and sill protector. The clips are snapped on the side mouldings so they'll be replaced although they'd prob be ok!

Megane 225
Anyway, does anyone know what I can expect the outcome to be? Any insurance assesor's out there?

Punto/Clio GTT
well if youre definatly going with those bodyshops and thats the quote youve got, itll definatly be a 100% write off as it exceeds 60% (ish) of the cars market value.

Megane 225
well if youre definatly going with those bodyshops and thats the quote youve got, itll definatly be a 100% write off as it exceeds 60% (ish) of the cars market value.

Well that's the initial quote with full labour charges etc. He said it's prob be around 2500 when the assesor comes out!

Monaco 172
feck me! thats bad like! what about autobody in ards, they done my mums yaros when she scrubbed it up a wall. they were recommended to her and form what i can see did a good enough job

Megane 225
feck me! thats bad like! what about autobody in ards, they done my mums yaros when she scrubbed it up a wall. they were recommended to her and form what i can see did a good enough job

I would've used SQ design, but my Bro nd Suitor go on holiday on monday, so that'd be a week with it sitting doing nothing! Bodytech is owned by Suitor's Cousin, and ino his work is 100%!

www.renparts.co.uk
if you have things like a hire car etc, storage charge for the car while its awaiting repair all these things are taken into consideration together with the cost of repair.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Ahh Stu, gutted for you fella! :dead:
What was she driving, and how fast?

Hope you get it all sorted soon