ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GF's Mum Reversed into my 172!!

Punto/Clio GTT
is he repairing that rear quarter?

if so, that cars quarter is gonna be filler pretty much 1 side to the other and have ripples like the ocean.

it needs a new quarter skin

Megane 225
is he repairing that rear quarter?

if so, that cars quarter is gonna be filler pretty much 1 side to the other and have ripples like the ocean.

it needs a new quarter skin

It's repaired and all! Only took the tiniest skim of isopon after he pulled it out! This guy knows his stuff! U couldn't tell from the outside that is's bin fixed! Jus need her painted now! :D Doesn't need a new quarter. Just there's very few proper panel beaters left now days!

Punto/Clio GTT
find it hard to believe that he used the tiniest bit of filler considering it looks 2-3 inch in on the arch. im sure he did panel it as best as he could, but thats a dead panel, its stretched too much and would require too much filler to be repaired (unless it was a job on the cheap)

if it looks ripple free then fair enough

how much did he charge to repair it?

Megane 225
Haven't got the bill yet, but the guy's a mate of my brother's. I took the car too him and asked him to put a panel on it. He said he'd rather pull it than cut and weld a new panel on. He seems to know his stuff, so I let him work away with it!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I'm confussed??

I'd just got the insurance company to repair the car and kept it, wouldn't have made no difference to the cars value.

But if you can get paid the cash and get it repaired for alot less, then fair enough.

I got paid out for a bike i got knocked off and bought the bike back. That worked out well.

Bought the bike for £900, used it for a year everyday and spent £250 on it.
Got £1400 for it as a right off and bought it back for £50, and then sold it for £700 that very same day on ebay.... result.

Megane 225
I'm confussed??

I'd just got the insurance company to repair the car and kept it, wouldn't have made no difference to the cars value.

But if you can get paid the cash and get it repaired for alot less, then fair enough.

I got paid out for a bike i got knocked off and bought the bike back. That worked out well.

Bought the bike for £900, used it for a year everyday and spent £250 on it.
Got £1400 for it as a right off and bought it back for £50, and then sold it for £700 that very same day on ebay.... result.

Repairs are less than 1000! I got paid 2050 to fix! So I'm quids in! :D

Megane 225
He said he'd rather pull it than cut and weld a new panel on. He seems to know his stuff, so I let him work away with it!

He just sounds lazy to me.

He said that if he fitted a new panel it'd never be right. I thought a new panel would be the easier option myself, but I've seen his previous work. My bro uses him alot! He's good, so I trust him!

106 GTi
He just sounds lazy to me.

He said that if he fitted a new panel it'd never be right. I thought a new panel would be the easier option myself, but I've seen his previous work. My bro uses him alot! He's good, so I trust him!

Long term a newer panel is a better option than having filler in there - I would be selling quick sharp tbh.

Megane 225
Picked it up from the beater on wednesday! Panel looks 100%. Looking at the inside I can hardly see any ripples and the outside looks mint! He said it came out really easily! You should see the state of the Porsche he's pulling atm!