ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gigi the Gordini’s thread

Not much of a ‘project’ here (more of a daily upkeep) but thought I would make a thread to keep on track what I will be (slowly) doing to my new car.
Firstly - hi 🙂 I’m from Essex and always looking to make new friends so hope to meet like minded ppl through the forum. I have always been active on car forums throughout my past but had a break the last 4 years, not sure why lol. I think it was the fact I just gave up on having a neat, clean car as I was working in pretty scum areas and summin always ended up happening to them, probs also a case of laziness and just lost a bit of interest in cars. Anyways, cut a long story short - previously owned a pretty clean Toyota Celica T Sport, sold that (as the most sensible thing with my commute back in 2016) and bought a little clio 106 dci dynamic s - as recommended by a fella who I started seeing (who is also a very handy mechanic 😜) and I must say, I fell in love with the drive and jus how cheap & eco these lil things are to run around in. I also really loved keyless entry - something I never thought I would be bothered about. I was never really into french cars before but since owning my lil dynamic s, I can really vouch for Renault cars and think they are great. Some pics of my old dynamic s below 🙂

7105A8B8-1C76-4D6D-B5AE-2A4AC0AF26D4.jpeg

AACE4222-C9A6-4BF2-92C0-A6DE3ABCDAAD.jpeg

I did a few bits to this car, amongst other things de badged the rear, wrapped the fogs yellow and grabbed a new set of wheels which we re-sprayed black to match the car - I named her Alblac 😂

Comparison pic for anybody who might be interested how I changed it:

CAA382B0-D35A-4B5C-BFA3-10DD243F3C4A.jpeg

692492AE-6EC2-445B-BF61-AD8D0E7F0F92.jpeg

And about 6 months ago I kinda decided on wanting a new car... After nearly 4 years of the dull, black paintwork I was gagging for something glossy I could enjoy washing and detailing again! Although Alblac did scrub up well and especially in photos - in real life and up close she was full of scratches, dents and swirl marks that no polish by hand could solve. I was debating having a full mop done round the car, until I’d heard that Renault actually did sportier versions of the 1.5 dci 106 engine. I’d found available the GT line and the Gordini and my hunt began...

We drove Alblac all the way to Wales to pick up a dirt cheap GT dci that my partner saw on eBay - I think he has an obsession with Renault he now owns 5 clios 😂 so I was thinking I could of had that but I didn’t like the fact it had no keyless entry! As a result didn’t have the door card key and just didn’t feel like much of an upgrade from my lil dynamic s. I do believe they did make some GTs with keyless entry but almost all GTs I’d come across didn’t have it, apart from one later version I saw listed on eBay a couple weeks ago... Soo, I then stumbled across the Gordini dci models, only to find they were rare cars and only popped up for sale once in a while... So whilst I was thinking this would be a perfect daily (but still sporty looking) car for me with even cheaper road tax than Alblac (£110 py) at £20 for the year!!! I was losing hope as a decent Gordini Clio dci didn’t pop up for about 4 months...

Until this lil gem turned up 🙂

2A8E7618-EB12-46C9-A912-7F65133CAD52.jpeg

Meet Gigi.
We went and picked her up just shy of 2 weeks ago, and my new daily is sorted 🙂 I’m pretty pleased wit her!! Extras include auto lights & auto wipers (both which didn’t work on Alblac and jus never bothered to fix lol), electric folding mirrors, cruise control, speed monitor, turning lights, sat nav & more.

9469B7A5-2C32-4D4A-9615-26528A951FF6.jpeg

C218DCC9-7A19-4284-B931-056C79963930.jpeg

F8BB36A0-AC49-41B9-BE4F-9E8C0DB4B667.jpeg

Came complete with a cliosport.net sticker on the rear 😛 was told previous owner was also an enthusiast so if you’re on here you’ll be pleased to know she’s gone to another. Haha

Few lil bits need(ed)/I want doing to the car...
• Air con re gas & seal leaks ✔ (did this the following day after pick up 🥵)
• Wind deflectors ✔ (removed from Alblac)
• White interior bulbs ✔
• Blue interior door bulbs (waiting for arrival)
• Novsight led bulbs (waiting for H11s to arrive, H7&1 all done)
• New wiper blades
• Check drivers side folding mirror (doesn’t go in automatically like passengers one with button but sometimes randomly works then stops again... strange)
• Check keyless entry (maybe needs new locking button as drivers side is not working... which is annoying me as I love this about these cars 🙃 so that’s probs priority now)
• Refurb wheels & new tyres all round
• New discs & pads (mostly rear, will probs do an all round)
• Powder coat callipers in blue all
• Break fluid change
• De squeak clutch pedal (somehow)
• Lowering springs
• Remap by Celtic Tuning (feeling impatient for this lol, might get this done ASAP 😂)
• New Gordini stripes as ones on car are looking tatty
• Fresh paint on front splitter
• Undertray
• New speakers or head unit (undecided with this as didn’t want to change the head unit as it looks sleek as it is and might lose the sat nav if we do ☹️ but audio doesn’t sound as great as it did in Alblac due to a better head unit.)

02C956D6-A310-45D8-AB86-9562FC133810.jpeg

AB61C467-1F3B-4562-9F79-CFE6145F4FB0.jpeg

Thanks for reading 🙂

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
This post has been on nearly 9 hours and not 1 reply. If you’d said you were single then we’d be onto page 3 or more. All the virgins would have been frothing at the mouth while they tell you how good your car is.

I really like that. Looks good with the stripes and body kit. My clutch pedal could do with a de-squeak too :LOL:
Thanks!! Yeah I really think these look great in white ive seen them in blue too. White is just a whole nuva level lol. It’s in really good nick too like the paintwork is glossy and clean. I have literally just ordered a bomb worth of auto finesse products to give it a good detail when it all shows up 🙃

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, I ordered a GT dci when they were new in white, was my first new car, with every option, they drive really really nice! Some of the later ones got the dci110 rather than the 106 which was a nice little bonus as it had a torque boost too

Nice, I ordered a GT dci when they were new in white, was my first new car, with every option, they drive really really nice! Some of the later ones got the dci110 rather than the 106 which was a nice little bonus as it had a torque boost too
Really!! That’s pretty cool, I haven’t seen the later models I’ll have to have a look out for them! Yeah they are such a nice smooth drive that’s what I love about them! Hopefully a re map gives us a bit more torque to play with. Haha

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Really!! That’s pretty cool, I haven’t seen the later models I’ll have to have a look out for them! Yeah they are such a nice smooth drive that’s what I love about them! Hopefully a re map gives us a bit more torque to play with. Haha
Yours may be a later model as most of the gordini was, have a look on the sticker on the driver's door shut and see if it says 106 or 110.

They respond really well to a remap!

Yours may be a later model as most of the gordini was, have a look on the sticker on the driver's door shut and see if it says 106 or 110.

They respond really well to a remap!
Oh really, thought you meant there was even later models. I jus went to have a look, a lot of the writing on one of the labels has faded!
But I did a hpi check and that through my car check it does state it’s 106bhp:( thought these were the highest they did them had no idea about the 110 so that’s interesting to know 🙂

Attachments

• E112343C-4AEF-49A2-984E-075067C7AE3E.jpeg
    E112343C-4AEF-49A2-984E-075067C7AE3E.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 190

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know much about the GT dCi models at all - good to see that your hunt for one paid off!

Would be interested to see the before/after pics on a white car. There's an Audi All-Road near me that looks straight and dent free, but the white paint is dull as anything. Kind of makes me get the detailing twitch and want to volunteer to do it myself. ;)

I don't know much about the GT dCi models at all - good to see that your hunt for one paid off!

Would be interested to see the before/after pics on a white car. There's an Audi All-Road near me that looks straight and dent free, but the white paint is dull as anything. Kind of makes me get the detailing twitch and want to volunteer to do it myself. ;)
Me too 😛
I nearly bought a Honda Civic type R if I’m honest... I was so close to giving up on wanting a Gordini but then one came up! The civic would have put me behind a couple more grand too, and with more monthly costs with the tax and fuel, and a higher insurance band. Switching from the dynamic s to the Gordini there was no increase in my insurance what’s so ever and obvs my fuel costs stayed the same and I saved on the road tax! Result! Of course, only thing is I was itching for more power again, but this way I can kinda get the best of both worlds as I’m most likely going to keep the gordini as my daily and get a second car running over 300bhp. Likely Japanese, as I fell in love with jap cars a good few years ago 😂 was looking at a 370Z or a turbo scooby ..although I have really gained an interest in clios the last couple years. They truly are a real hot hatch!! Especially wit the Megan turbo conversions I’ve seen ppl do to them.
No way really ?? Defo needs a good detailing then. The OH has a white M4 and that paint is gleaming honestly... even more than mine! I can’t wait to give it a full on detail. Buffed out couple little markings and run over it with some of my old meguiars wax. Gonna get a clay bar to go round it jus before we hit into winter months.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Smart. Quite a few people from Essex on here (me included). Can see Thurrock in one pic, so assume you're that way?

Guessing the Lakeside GP isn't a thing anymore? It's been many years..!

Smart. Quite a few people from Essex on here (me included). Can see Thurrock in one pic, so assume you're that way?

Guessing the Lakeside GP isn't a thing anymore? It's been many years..!
Yeah I’m not far from Thurrock, about 40 mins drive I’m actually in Southend (we get a few cars down the front still) and I used to work in Thurrock, hence getting the dynamic s back in the day to save on fuel haha! Where abouts are you? I don’t ever see anyone up lakeside anymore tbh, although I haven’t been there in a while now!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Yeah I’m not far from Thurrock, about 40 mins drive I’m actually in Southend (we get a few cars down the front still) and I used to work in Thurrock, hence getting the dynamic s back in the day to save on fuel haha! Where abouts are you? I don’t ever see anyone up lakeside anymore tbh, although I haven’t been there in a while now!

Rayleigh, Red MK3 200. Will give you a wave if I ever spot the stripes!

Hi guys
Got few bits done to Gigi over the last week
Fixed the electric wing mirror, door lock coming tomr so will have fixed keyless lock problem 😃

Interior blue door lights fitted!
I love these... coz they’re so bright they almost look like footwell lights!

All the bulbs have now been fitted on the headlamps too. Sooo bright! In love :)

All my auto finesse stuff turned up today bar the clay. So all I need to buy now is the clay kit and she can have a FULL detail. Due a wash tomorrow so will try the snow foam out. Will do a full detail wash, clay, polish & wax in Oct ready for the winter. Interior has a few marks in the seats, so gonna try scrub them out tmr & scrub the matts. Scrubbed the rear carpets couple weeks back as had some stains, come out nicely.

Few more bits to come... remap most likely next thing, had a quote from Celtic. Jus need to get it booked in. Looking at a slight window tint on the rears, will finish the look off I reckon. Will post some pics after wash tomor 👍🏼

Attachments

• 2933EE97-A0C1-42AE-989E-387AAC49E3DF.jpeg
    2933EE97-A0C1-42AE-989E-387AAC49E3DF.jpeg
    448.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 6D58C9B1-BB5D-4A24-A558-170495D6A558.jpeg
    6D58C9B1-BB5D-4A24-A558-170495D6A558.jpeg
    510.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 9A7EA2E6-D4CD-40E5-A649-582D4A95593A.jpeg
    9A7EA2E6-D4CD-40E5-A649-582D4A95593A.jpeg
    472.8 KB · Views: 169

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good! the steering wheel stripes always f**k with my OCD too, the Twingo was the same! on LHD cars the stripes on the bonnet and roof match the ones on the top of the steering wheel but on RHD cars it looks odd! once you have seen it you cannot un-see it!
1.jpg
6D58C9B1-BB5D-4A24-A558-170495D6A558.jpeg

They french cars ain’t they... so when they were made in France they obviously panned it out so they would allign the stripes with the steering wheel. So being in RHD countries we jus have to deal with the fact it was based on a LHD design 😂😂

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
They french cars ain’t they... so when they were made in France they obviously panned it out so they would allign the stripes with the steering wheel. So being in RHD countries we jus have to deal with the fact it was based on a LHD design 😂😂
You mean the lazy basterds didn't do a sim-opp template for the RHD market ?

It originally signifies on race cars where the driver is, so in the event of an emergency the marshalls know which side of the car to aim for.

Peel them off and stick them on the RHS :LOL:

You mean the lazy basterds didn't do a sim-opp template for the RHD market ?

It originally signifies on race cars where the driver is, so in the event of an emergency the marshalls know which side of the car to aim for.

Peel them off and stick them on the RHS :LOL:
Yeah, tbf I was thinking to get some new ones because the stripes are a bit worn... maybe I can get some and stick them on the RIGHT SIDE 😜

Update - keyless entry fixed, had a mare getting the new handle the correct white had to be re painted 3x 😂
Next steps probs powder coat callipers blue and refurb wheels.
I really wanna get it re mapped soon as well... I have a slight problem with the car I’m a little bit hmmmm-ing about... 😅
I have a bit of a flat spot when driving at lower speeds and turning the wheel. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?