ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GiraffeSport 172 Monaco

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Day off today so gave it a proper clean this time under the bonnet etc .. also topped up with another coat of the superb smelling PB Natty Blue.

Plate looks better every time I see it ! (Front looks wonky .. it's not. Honest.)

:D

5476706352_8c091b52b5_z.png

Clean front by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

5476107681_bfef290896_z.png

Clean arse by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Exhaust is growing on me .. but boy it gets boomy after a few miles ! Going to ride it out for a few weeks/months then probably sell up and get a Haywood & Scott system as they're local !

RS Tuner to be done tomorrow as haven't had a chance this week.

Scrubbed the tyres for the first time and gave the wheels a coat of PB wheel sealant which is a delightful shade of pink :dead: Ideally they need a refurb as they are fubar'd. Paint/laquer cracking etc, and a fair bit of kurbing around the edge too (not by me!!). Managed to get some CG New Look Trim gel on the black bits too. What a difference that makes !!

5476218377_0d92657187_z.png

Hero Tyres. FML by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Anyone heard of these tyres !? :dead: They seem OK even when provoked in the wet, but will be getting chopped in for some decent rubber at the nearest opportunity.

At least it rhymes with the P Zero Neros on the front !

Got a set of 2118s lined up in white, but they're 15s so I'll have to get some lows installed. They'll do for the summer as they're wrapped in Paradas at the moment :approve:

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
looks like it's sitting better now ^ (probably the angle)

Looks mint now. I've got a ph1 bumper with a cut-out in just the right place for such a beautiful piece of art.

;)

no idea wtf those tyres are!

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
I missed this, nice looking car mate!! I wish i had the patience to wash a car that thoroughly, i just get bored really really quickly!

SG9 Forester STi
Your front numberplate is wonky...;)

Looks super clean! Unlike mine (still haven't washed it!).

Did you use the awesome smelling blue stuff? Never actually caught what it was lol.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Your front numberplate is wonky...;)

Looks super clean! Unlike mine (still haven't washed it!).

Did you use the awesome smelling blue stuff? Never actually caught what it was lol.

See below.

Also snowed/cleaned/clayed/cleaned/PB's Nattys Paste Wax Blue'd the beast today.

Day off today so gave it a proper clean this time under the bonnet etc .. also topped up with another coat of the superb smelling PB Natty Blue.

looks like it's sitting better now ^ (probably the angle)

Looks mint now. I've got a ph1 bumper with a cut-out in just the right place for such a beautiful piece of art. ;)

no idea wtf those tyres are!

Me either :dead: they look OK tho. >>> pattern looks OK. Re: noise tube .. patience, grasshopper.

I missed this, nice looking car mate!! I wish i had the patience to wash a car that thoroughly, i just get bored really really quickly!

Cheers dude.

Bring your car to me. I'll leave you some fuel in the tank, and might even wash it.

The Porker tho, yeah ? :rasp:

I love Lamp
*Monaco frienddddd* looking nice, be interesting to see white wheels on it, need to get my ones refurbed at some point but not sure which colour :approve:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks mint, my car also didn't stay standard for long after saying it would do :(

That exhaust is epic with a de-cat, got me 2 £30 fines though :( BTB Stealth if you fancy something near standard noise volumes with 2.5" bore pipes, they are epic :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Ed :) You got something to replace it yet ?

Greeny .. it's too noisy as it is .. I can't imagine a decat will help matters ?!

I'm going to H&S when I get a few spare pennies and get exactly what I want :)

Rolling Road day today .. annoyingly my RS Tuner unlock has JUST come through this morning :(

Black bullet bee-sting aerial has been installed too :)

Clio V6
Yup mate, ended up with a Mondeo ST tdci. It will do till I can get another Vee :)

Keep us posted on progress :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice one !

[ Why is Flickr eating all my photos ? :dapprove: ]

Today the blue beast did rather well on the dyno at TDI in Essex...:

5499220427_011b0434c5_z.jpg

5499995852_89488d5f94_b.jpg

5499400723_1c2abbe0f4_z.jpg

Annoyingly, my RS Tuner unlock has only arrived today .. and I was out the door before 8:30 this morning so didn't get a chance to get that sorted.

Still, pretty happy with 157.7HP/134.4lb.ft [at the hub] TBQFH !!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Well that took longer than expected, but the GS172 is now sold.

Just jumped the scoob back to life with a little help from the 172 .. and the most amazing picture ever from my HTC:

247775_10150596880485154_564565153_19064763_1300684_n.jpg

Just been chasing dozens of wild rabbits around the garden, in the Scoob. Much fun ! Yes yes, I'm a child.

Scoob is going back on the road, when the MOT is passed. That's booked in for tomorrow anyway. Clio sold ONE frikkin day after the MOT ran out on the scoob, so I've had a nightmare day trying to get insurance and everything else sorted. Hopefully it'll all work out and I can drive home tomorrow in the burble bus once more !

Giraffe, out.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Tax and MOT arrived this morning .. new plates from fancyplates the other day ( I assumed I'd be getting the same plate back ! :eek: ) as the originals were tatty and had holes in them.

New plates + velcro FTW !

248910_10150604792135154_564565153_19134270_5137428_n.jpg

Just got to wait for V5 then the new owner can pick it up !! Hopefully some time before Xmas :S Hurry up, DVLA !