ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

glaze/seal/wax?

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
I haven't touched the sunshine bus since I've had it, and its looking pretty rank..

Normally I wash (2 buckets) with a microfibre or wool mitt, and either gold class shampoo or AG shampoo.
Then I dry off with microfibre cloths and use SRP or the black labeled gloss one (I'm an AG Wh0re).
Then, because I heart my car, I use AquaWax with a microfibre and thats it done.

Use wonderwheels or clean wheels on the wheels.

I'm thinking about playing with a 'proper' wax and having a go at EGP to build up some protection on the paint.

Am i right in thinking I SRP, on and off, then EGP on, dry for 30 mins or so off and do a couple of coats then wax?
Whats a sealant? Is that effectively what EGP is?
Whats a glaze?

lol, should I be using one, all three or none?
Minimum effort please!

x

106 GTi
The EGP is the sealant, you may get a lightly warmer look using a wax over it. Standalone the Extra Gloss Protection will look good though and be durable.

The EGP may be a pain to use as it is cold and damp out, will probably need at least an hour before removal at this time of year. If you can get some on I would save adding wax till the next time you wash.

A proper glaze does not really fit into the AG SRP and EGP routine that well, due to it containing lots of oils and fillers it is meant to give a wet glossy look to the paint so wont allow a sealant to bond to it and will reduce the life of any waxes you add over it.

Edit - Just read minimum effort - just SRP and Aquawax it !

EGP is a pain at the best of times unless you fancy getting an easy to use alternative ?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Wouldnt bother with a glaze atall.

Minimum effort: SRP then get some collinites 476 wax on it.:)

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
I just didnt know what a glaze was..

Naith, i may take you up on that offer. Trying to not drive her atm though till my engine mount arrives.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
lol, it'll be fixed once the part turns up and I'll grace you with my company and buy you a couple of beers :p

Are you that bored?
xx

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I wouldn't bother with using a glaze.

I bought a bottle of Clearkote Yellow Moose Glaze. I much prefer the results of Extra Gloss Protection over the glaze.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
SRP then get some collinites 476 wax on it.:)

Gives a really nice finish this :)

3159407096_1c70d4223c.jpg

Clio 182 :)
I'd advise : CG Wet Mirror Finish, CG Jetseal, and CG Blitz... best combo ever ! I had never seen such a beading effect :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I have more P21s than i know what to do with!

Dad bought me another for Christmas. lol

Got a nice bottle of Lime Prime though, too :approve:

ST
Gotta love dads on the waxin' scene eh...

'Alan, that onyx is pretty good btw, only used quarter of a tub...'

Yeah cheers dad, DIK!!