ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gloucester(shire) (old) spots

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
You're more likely to see me in the Kangoo than the Clio. Being SORN since August I had a real itch to get it out of hibernation over the weekend and give it a nice long blast around the shire.

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Spotted in the forest yesterday. Anyone on here? Looked very tidy, don't often see phase 1's around our way.
IMG_20210403_104433.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Totally forgot about this thread, must remember to update it (y)

There's a 197 F1 on my close, I know the owner don't think he's on here though. Owned it since new!

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Yeah that’s me. Normally park over Beechenhurst when I go cycling.

Good to see it about, keep finding myself wanting a ph1. I was parked well up the top of the overflow, normally bring the van for MTB though.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone on here by the old prison about 2:30 today. I do like a 197 with a spoiler. Just looks like a real racer on the road

584F8E9F-F783-4542-8A7F-6C6BC099B17F.jpeg

HCPete

ClioSport Club Member
  Scooby RB5
Coming back from the MoT in my 182 I passed another RB 182 on the Presbury Road in Cheltenham this afternoon (54 plate I think). First time I've seen one on the road. Anyone here?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Spotted a white Clio 200 on Ashchurch road in Tewkesbury at about 4 o'clock yesterday (13/10/21)

our eyes met across the road, we flashed each other..... :D

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Has anyone used Trade n Save in recent years? I could do with someone with clip to read/clear a code, possibly disable the second lambda sensor (think I read somewhere that you can turn that one off)

Failing that, last I heard they tend to prefer the later stuff now and don't really bother with the earlier cars and if you ask for something to be enabling/disabling they tend to shy away from that kind of thing?

Or I get in touch with SG Motorsport (I think BTM Performance has dissolved)

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I have Mossy. After using them for the cambelt change on my old Ph1 and then again on my new one I thought they were ok. But they had it in to confirm my steering rack was broken and then replace. They said it wasn't the rack but the aux tensioner that was faulty so I said "can you change it" and their response was "why?" 🤦‍♂️ also refused to change the front wheel bearings and then put no effort in removing the wishbones either that I asked them to replace - I wasn't going to have a fight with them on my drive (I have one allocated parking space with no room either side so any kind of work requiring lifting is not really possible) so asked them to do it and they said the "one bolt needed cutting off so we couldn't do it". Great. Got Tom at Motorworks to do it as I know he has the tools to do it and he just laughed at me as it was finger tight and didn't know what the fuss was about.
Oh and also it came back filthy insides and they were brand new mats.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have Mossy. After using them for the cambelt change on my old Ph1 and then again on my new one I thought they were ok. But they had it in to confirm my steering rack was broken and then replace. They said it wasn't the rack but the aux tensioner that was faulty so I said "can you change it" and their response was "why?" 🤦‍♂️ also refused to change the front wheel bearings and then put no effort in removing the wishbones either that I asked them to replace - I wasn't going to have a fight with them on my drive (I have one allocated parking space with no room either side so any kind of work requiring lifting is not really possible) so asked them to do it and they said the "one bolt needed cutting off so we couldn't do it". Great. Got Tom at Motorworks to do it as I know he has the tools to do it and he just laughed at me as it was finger tight and didn't know what the fuss was about.
Oh and also it came back filthy insides and they were brand new mats.
I’m not convinced with them to be fair. They use to be the top dogs and people would travel far and wide to them back in the day or so I’m told. Seems they aren’t interested any more.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Silver Clio 182 on the side of the road with high viz draped over the back by water wells roundabout at 16:20 today, anyone on here?

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Silver Clio 182 on the side of the road with high viz draped over the back by water wells roundabout at 16:20 today, anyone on here?

Spotted that in the morning, looks like someone had a bad time. Wondered if they needed any help recovering but nobody was there.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Saw a red 197 by Cleeve/Staverton last Friday with buckets etc.

Also a nice red 200 in Leckhampton.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Riding my bike up towards Cranham the other day, by cheese roller hill. There is a clio Trophy parked on one of the drives! Pretty sure there was a Cup there not too long ago as well

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Riding my bike up towards Cranham the other day, by cheese roller hill. There is a clio Trophy parked on one of the drives! Pretty sure there was a Cup there not too long ago as well

Haven't seen a Trophy there before but one guy has a 182.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Spotted that in the morning, looks like someone had a bad time. Wondered if they needed any help recovering but nobody was there.
I forgot to look again this morning on my way to work. Did think about posting it on the FB pages, same reason to see if they needed help recovering it.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've seen a few more 197/200 darting around now, non seem to be on here it seems...

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
Racing blue 182 with buckets and (maybe) a cage on the way into Cirencester, I use my 172 cup daily and never see any 172/182’s so excited to see a fellow Renaultsport Clio on my commute!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Who lent their BG 182 to their mum yesterday then? Spotted yesterday at 17:40 on the bypass up towards waterwells roundabout