ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gmail issue on iPhone 4S

Nissan Jewk
Since I've had the phone, I've been able to receive emails ok, but never been able to send.

I've used all the online guides, messed around with server ports, changed SSL, authentication, password, even changed to 2-step verification, but still nothing works.

My SMTP setup is as follows:

Hostname: smtp.gmail.com
Username: xxx@gmail.com
Password: taken from the 2-step authentication
Use SSL: On
Authentication: Password
Server Port: 587

Advanced settings:
Use SSL: On
Authentication: Password
IMAP Path Prefix: /
Server Port: 993

I've searched through the forums here before posting, but nothings worked thus far. I've revoked my iphone and reinstated it as part of the application specific password part. Have also tried changing the server port from 587, to 25.

My mate's iphone 4 has the exact same smtp setup as above and he can send emails with no problems

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Cupra
You could try setting up gmail as an exchange account instead?
Server is m.google.com
Domain: blank.

You on T-Mobile? If so turn off the outgoing Google server and add a new one: smtp.t-email.co.uk with no user or pass. It will take a couple of minutes trying to verify it using SSL and then a pop up will show saying something about try connecting without SSL. Select yes and wait another couple of minutes and that could work. The network was changed a couple of months back due to spam iirc. It seems fairly random on who does and doesn't have problems with it though.

Or of course use exchange settings.

Nissan Jewk
Thanks Krispwee, I remember you work in one of the retail stores don't you? You'd think i'd have the support at head office to sort this out wouldn't you....! I'll try that and if not, switch to exchange.

Hi Tom!