ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

God Bless Clios :(

BMW M135i
Prepping for box out for the second time since i've had this one :dapprove:. Looks to be a failed release bearing or friction plate in the clute yay. Well at least I haven't got to rebuild the gearbox this time.

Well it'll keep me entertained I guess :dapprove:.

Attachments

• 14052007040.jpg
    14052007040.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 227
  BMW M135i
Its not that bad a job really once you've got all the other shite out the way to let you get the box off. Trouble is theres loads of shite in the way lol.

Just waiting for a hand to drop the subframe now, lovely.

BMW M135i
Incase anyones interested:

14052007041.jpg

Subframe anyone?

14052007042.jpg

14052007043.jpg

Getting there....

14052007044.jpg

14052007048.jpg

14052007045.jpg

Missing something?

14052007046.jpg

This maybe?

14052007047.jpg

The offending item.

14052007049.jpg

New powerflex dogbone mount??? :rasp: Who knows lol.

BMW M135i
New clutch tomorrow and a few nuts and bolts and it should be back together tomorrow/wednesday. I hope! :eek:

Also a worrying discovery is that firmness of powerflex bushes seems to have damaged the thread where the dogbone bolts to the gearbox, will be rebuilding it with a standard mount.

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
gearboxes are mega fun on clios arn't they? NOT lol

ive done mine, although i just left the subframe on and dropped it down at the gearbox side, always manage to get gearbox oil everywhere lol.

when i was doing my engine, to save loosing gearbox oil (had just changed it 500 miles before) i left the gearbox in place and when putting the engine back in, that was the best fun ive ever had NOT! trying to align the gearbox and engine up and drop it in at the same time!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its straight forward enough when you get all the crap out teh road and when you've done it before! still always end up with cuts all over my hands tho lol

BMW M135i
Got rained off for most of today fecking weather :dapprove:. Still, managed to pick up all the bits I need and get the new clutch in and the box back on.

15052007051.jpg

15052007052.jpg

15052007050.jpg

Well I now have silky smooth and rather lighter than before clutch action so heres hoping it'll work.

Last edited:
  850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
what setting up is there to do afterwards?
or do you simply reconnect everything from where i came?

any ideas how much you saved doing it yourself?

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
I may need to do this to my Mk2 Ph1, clutches is rather 'jumpy' when setting off and sometimes bad enough to make the end of the standard airbox fall off so it doesn't filter propperly. Sounds amazing like that but not the point, its no good for it lol.

If i managed to remove a 2litre lump from an RSi in 2 n half hours (first engine i've ever taken out as well), d'ya reckon this should be piss easy?

BMW M135i
No new pics but basically its looking it this again and working mucho better now. Not bad imo for about 10 hours work total.

IMG_1347.JPG

BMW M135i
what setting up is there to do afterwards?
or do you simply reconnect everything from where i came?

any ideas how much you saved doing it yourself?

Yep basically everything off, swap clutch and everything back together again. Its more long an tedious than hard and taxing.

No idea on price saved but total parts came to £130 for clutch, fresh gearbox oil and a few replacement nuts and bolts. Getting it done would cost waaaay more i'd guess.
It also boils down to the point that I don't trust anyone (and I mean anyone) to work on my car, if i've done it myself I know how its been done and its been done right.

I may need to do this to my Mk2 Ph1, clutches is rather 'jumpy' when setting off and sometimes bad enough to make the end of the standard airbox fall off so it doesn't filter propperly. Sounds amazing like that but not the point, its no good for it lol.

If i managed to remove a 2litre lump from an RSi in 2 n half hours (first engine i've ever taken out as well), d'ya reckon this should be piss easy?

Engine out is probably easier and quicker than this due to the fact that the subframe and assorted bits doesn't have to come out. But i've you've done an engine swap then you should be able to manage this no problems.

BMW M135i
Skills!!! Good stuff for doing it yourself.

When can i drop the impreza round?? ;) lol

Never! :rasp: Done this twice with this one and now and I never want to do it again. Though I bet the impreza is probably easier to do that this was! Renault design as its finest.

M

mini-valver

Doubt it, you have to drop the engine to change the plugs!
Swapped gearbox's, engines etc on corsa's and teh 16 valves are a pain in the arse but like you say once shafts, wiring and coolant hoses etc are out the way it's plain sailing....

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec

Engine out is probably easier and quicker than this due to the fact that the subframe and assorted bits doesn't have to come out. But i've you've done an engine swap then you should be able to manage this no problems.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't technically an engine swap as we just took the engine out lol, suppose could do it whilst my mates lift is at mine....

Didn't seem to come out too easily though, had to take off the exhaust manifold-to-main section pipes n stuff, and kept finding more bits keeping the engine in their (cables n pipes etc). :/

Possible to just drop/lift one side so it doesnt come completely out? Need this car pretty much everyday u see...