ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

God dam Phesants

Clio 04 172 Cup
Why are they keen to launch themselves into oncoming traffic.

The wife was driving home from work today and hit one. So she rings me up to tell me that has hit one!
So I say "Where did you hit it"
wife replies "By the golf course along blacklands"
Myself "I don't care where you hit it on the road! I want to know where you hit it on the car.
Wife "Oh right on the bumper or bonnet I think do you think the pheasant will be OK".
I am now thinking oh deer!
Myself "f**k the pheasant. You should be more worried about the car seeing as we have just had a new bonnet fitted."
Wife "You always shout at me when I have done something wrong."
Myself "Do I well, I'm sorry for not being concerned about a obviously depressed pheasant who decided suicide was the best way out of his/her meaningless life as a danger to road user's."

I think she hung up on me as the line went dead! So I'm thinking bullocks new front end! Crap!
When she gets back I rush out to see the damage and my worst fear's are allayed!
Though the splitter is now in 2 bits and some of it is probably embedded in the pheasant! No other damage thank good.
Well every cloud has a silver lining I can now get a k-tec carbon one and not get any ear ache about it!

106 GTi
I thought you where going to say it had damaged the new bonnet.

They are bloody dosey birds.

Clio 04 172 Cup
I drive alot early in the mourning on country roads! Most animals do a runner in the opisite direction when they see my 3.5 tonne sprinter comming at them. Pheasants na they think they are harder than me.

172mk2
I know how you feel!

I hit one the other day doing 70 on the dual carrageway. There was no way I could avoid it - so took the hit in the middle of the bumper rather than risk a fog light. The bugger snapped the splitter in half. I have screwed it back up and you can only see the crack if you are looking for it.

I'm not rushing out to buy another one - they cost a fortune from Renault.

One good thing was the explosion of feathers behind the car tho!

BMW 320d SE
^^^^PMSL!!

I hit a pheasant at about 65mph. It ripped the splitter off the bumper, which I recovered and managed to re-fit. It also cracked the air deflector that directs air into the radiator. That got totally smashed up, but was only £11 from Renault, so not too bad in the end.

RenaultSport clio 17
So I say "Where did you hit it"
wife replies "By the golf course along blacklands"

Hahahahahaha. So true. Sorry to her about the car.

Clio 04 172 Cup
Things could have got worse this evening as I have just been out for a meal with the wife and some friends. And on the way home just, very nearly in the same place as the wife hit the pheasant, a DEER!! Ran across the road about 10-15mtrs in front of us only lucky I was chiilin the way home as I had had way to much time on the chocolate fountain.

Clio 04 172 Cup
I know it sounds bad dont it. The other thing you have to watch is the golfers crossing the road from hole to hole.

Ill go the long way round from now on!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
sounds lucky but quite a funny story......i was on a 60 stretch the other day and it was just walking down the middle of the road.......had to slow right up and avoid it...had lots of time to do so, thing is it didn't move a mussle....

and no it wasen't already dead...lol

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
andrewcotton said:
I know how you feel!

I hit one the other day doing 70 on the dual carrageway. There was no way I could avoid it - so took the hit in the middle of the bumper rather than risk a fog light. The bugger snapped the splitter in half. I have screwed it back up and you can only see the crack if you are looking for it.

I'm not rushing out to buy another one - they cost a fortune from Renault.

One good thing was the explosion of feathers behind the car tho!

would of thort the fog light area was a better place to hit it!!
surely its stronger?

i hit one in my AXright in the middle at 80. it went though my car and stopped when it hit the engine block, so new bumper, new radiator. etc etc.

Monaco Blue Mk2
mini ripper said:
I know it sounds bad dont it. The other thing you have to watch is the golfers crossing the road from hole to hole.

Ill go the long way round from now on!!

...and stray golf balls :dapprove: Imagine one of them on the bonnet!

197-I love!!!
I know what you mean about Pheasants-I was driving along a long straight country road and there it was crossing the road and going into a field about a hundred yards ahead-I thought OK and then suddenly it turned round straight back into the middle of the road-BANG!!!-I must have hit it doing about 60MPH-It just exploded everywhere.I stopped the car expecting the worst-absolutey no damage at all-very lucky.They have to be the thickest animal on Earth-except for Chavs!!!

Clio 04 172 Cup
I dont know why but thier has been a big increase of them. Never used to notice them half as much in the past years. The old gets aint out shoot them anymore I dont think! Or as thier getting older thier shot aint as good as it used to be!

Clio 04 172 Cup
I dont know why but thier has been a big increase of them. Never used to notice them half as much in the past years. The old gets aint out shoot them anymore I dont think! Or as thier getting older thier shot aint as good as it used to be!

VRS
we have had a lot of suicidal badgers around my area l8tly!
10 dead in the surrounding roads including the one i baited

I once hit a low flying pigeon at about 70. It took the flipping wing mirror off my parents astra! That took some explaining believe me.....

Mk1 V6 Import
Have a bit of repsect for them....you don't own the road or the countryside....How would you feel if the situation was reversed...?

Flying/walking around in my own natural environment/home wneh some nutter in a FWD sardine can comes around the corner and clobers me into birdie oblivion....a tad unfair don't you think!

Count yourself lucky it wasn't an innocent child or elderly person...birds are dispensable....humans are not.