ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

God of War Trilogy

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Rather silly to release the collection so late in the UK!

Better late then never I guess!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one, probably give that a go. Will the graphics be reworked do you think so it's all 1080?

ordered :)

not from shopto though, still think that site looks dodgy (probably isn't!)

Lol its one of the biggest, if not the biggest mail order games shop in the UK!

Have bought 30+ games from them without hassle, they are that big they have automated packing lines!

v6
Lol its one of the biggest, if not the biggest mail order games shop in the UK!

Have bought 30+ games from them without hassle, they are that big they have automated packing lines!

They can probably afford to get a less dodgy website then ;)

I have ordered from them in the past (once), but since then they don't seem to want to accept my debit card, always comes back with errors!

Anyway, back to the game, was going to just get GoWIII but having never played the first two an extra £15(ish) for this seems good to me :)

Just had a blast on the GoWIII demo.

Shitty camera and my hands hurt from bashing that laughable controller. Not for me thanks.

Yes to be fair their website is cheap and tacky, in fact I may just email them to tell them tbh...

Demo isn't apparently a good representation of the final game. You got fat sausage fingers Roy?

I've read that the graphics are better in the actual game but didn't know the gameplay was different. TBH it's just not my thing. Mashing buttons in a chaos situation and hoping to come out of the scrum alive doesn't float my boat, especially when the controller sucks major league c**k.

No I don't have sausage fingers, it's just a f**king s**t controller. Anyone who says it isn't is lying in order to irrationally defend what is without doubt Playstation's worst feature.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
When I picked up the PS3 controller for the first time I didn't like it. However, I now really like it. When I use the 360 I cannot help but think how big it is and I now prefer some elements of the PS3 controller.

You must have f**ked up gaming claws if you like the PoS3 controller. That's all I can say. It doesn't fit in the hand properly, the triggers may as well be normal buttons, and the sticks are perched on top like a couple of butt plugs.

x360 controller s**ts on it from orbit.

Me and everyone else I know IRL.

EDIT: It's the worst controller in the world at everything. However, where it's especially bad is shooters and racers. Not that racers matter as the POS3 doesn't have any good ones anyway lol.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I've only played one racing game with the PS3 controller and it was quite pants tbh. Agree with you on that.

A SHED!
I've read that the graphics are better in the actual game but didn't know the gameplay was different. TBH it's just not my thing. Mashing buttons in a chaos situation and hoping to come out of the scrum alive doesn't float my boat, especially when the controller sucks major league c**k.

No I don't have sausage fingers, it's just a f**king s**t controller. Anyone who says it isn't is lying in order to irrationally defend what is without doubt Playstation's worst feature.

Its a good game, im usually not into button bashers, but it is an excellent trilogy. As for the controller, i prefer the ps to the 360 controller.

Monaro VXR
I'm with Roy on this one. 360 pad ergonomically is much more comfortable. I come away with sore fingers when using the PS3 pad due to where the analogue sticks are. Just not in a comfortable place. Where as the 360 sticks and buttons just sort of fall naturally where they should. I don't need to contort my hands to it it.

Was fine 10 years ago, when all games used the D pad and stil is for those games that still use the D pad. However, now that most use the analogue sticks it needs a redesign. Or give us another pad for with better analogue placement as the d pad is great on the PS3 pads sucks on the 360 though. The triggers are also cack. Trying to push them all the way in gives me sore fingers too after a while.

Totally. I use a Power PC, PS3 and x360 for gaming. I've used pretty much every important console ever invented. Besides K&M being the ultimate for shooters, there's no way the Sony controller is even approaching good for all other games. It's simply s**t.

The 360 pad is certaintly better for racing games and shooters but that said I have no problems with the ps3 pad at all. The 360 pad is however totally unusable for a lot of games given the accuracy of its D pad is completly s**t!

Yaris Hybrid
Never played God of War before or any similar type game.

My bro bought the God of War Collection on import and finished it off just before GoW 3 came out so now he is playing 3 he has let me borrow the collection.

I am really impressed. Halfway through GoW 1 at the moment and loving it. You wouldn't know it was so old as the gameplay seems really fresh and fun and I am always wanting to go a bit further and see what is around the next corner.

The graphics are ok, the cut scenes look old but generally the in-game graphics are more than adequate although at times you can tell it was designed for an older system. It is high res and the lighting is good. Not so many polygons and yeah you can't see so far into the distance where things are deliberately fogged out etc. But thumbs up as it still looks nice and atmospheric.

But that doesn't get in the way of the game at all. This is probably the most engrossed I have been into a game for years.

Seems a bit dumb releasing it as a trilogy given that most people who would want the revamped 1 & 2 probably already bought 3 and would prefer just to buy the Collection and treat 1 & 2 as prequels.

So they are kind of forcing people to buy number 3 twice :rolleyes:

EDIT: I have had a few Xbox 360's (none broke, just sold them during game droughts) and a number of Xbox originals before that.

Now I have just have a PS3 in my house and love it.

Got to say though, the PS3 pad is utter garbage. The 360 and original Xbox "s" pad blow the PS3's pad with its pants triggers and badly position left stick out of the water.

Last edited: