ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going around in circles...

Swift Sport
So, I've had two of these...

13902686075_297e26077b_z.jpg

13902740603_1c60d4dbf2_z.jpg

Two of these...

5476610650_d74ff79661_z.jpg

11889013203_67c622abe8_z.jpg

And now, two of these...

9210206831_9839f2d184_z.jpg

Here's the new addition :)

13901011014_88f1b9a37b_z.jpg

13900933684_232e3aff64_z.jpg

13900561525_6037001a22_z.jpg

13900959014_d44048fb8f_z.jpg

I've really taken to this one, it has been so well looked after by the previous owner... Only 74k from new isn't bad for a 23 year old car!

Last edited:
  Swift Sport
That looks great. Was that the one you linked the other day?

Yes mate, I was the first person to view it and bought it on the spot.

Looks excellent Ste! Feel any different to the 1.8?

It couldn't feel any more different, especially as the last one was pretty much a full-on track car. This ones comfy and quiet and a joy to drive, and I can't comment of the speed difference as I've been pootling around everywhere like an old man lol.

Love the steering wheel.

I feel like Toad of Toad Hall driving it, which is just as well where I live lol

Care to share how much you paid? Curious as to the price of good ones.

I paid the asking price of £1800, which is strong money I guess but what's £1800 these days?? Plus, it's in awesome condition with tons of history and he's given me enough bits and bobs to half fill the garage!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Tbh anything sub 2k in this sort of condition isn't strong money. The amount of people who want a decent car for a couple of grand is a lot. Looks great :)

It couldn't feel any more different, especially as the last one was pretty much a full-on track car. This ones comfy and quiet and a joy to drive, and I can't comment of the speed difference as I've been pootling around everywhere like an old man lol.

Fair! I have to say, I picked up a 1.8 a couple of weeks ago and like yours it couldn't be more different from my last 1.6 - since that was stripped/loud etc. Standard is just better lol. IMO they're slow as each other though!

Swift Sport
Fair! I have to say, I picked up a 1.8 a couple of weeks ago and like yours it couldn't be more different from my last 1.6 - since that was stripped/loud etc. Standard is just better lol. IMO they're slow as each other though!

Oh yeah they're not quick cars at all, but they go well enough and handle great. If I wanted fast I'd have bought something fast lol :)

172 rag
Really like them all (even the ignis ;)). Your last miata though is :hail: BEAUTIFUL.
Dont change the nardi pleasee
I hope this summer will be like the last one :clap:
Enjoy

1.8K is money well spent. If you want a cup at some point lol I ll happily adopt the miata

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome Ste. So old and new at the same time!

It'll of course need a few mods. ;)

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Would love a go in one of the Suzuki's. My missus had a shitty peasant spec 1.3 Ignis when I met her and I maintain it was one of the best engines ive drove in ages. Was so nippy for what it was and went like the clappers once above 4000rpm.

Swift Sport
Thanks for the kind comments :)

The current Ignis is staying as my daily/track car, and I'll use the Eunos at the weekends.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
LOVE IT! So much nicer than mine. Let me know when you want to sell it.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant purchase.

I really want to try an MX5, a good friend of mine has one that I love, I keep telling him to sell it to me but he won't part with it....yet.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It'll stay as it is I think, Gally... It won't be seeing any tracks so as long as it's clean and well maintained that'll do for me :)

I noticed you mentioned you're keeping the Ignis so understandable.