ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golden Nugget (Liquid Yellow 182) Second Car:)

EP3 and Turbz
Recently had a thread like this but got it removed as I wasn't going to bother using the car for a few months, but I got bored of not having a thread of this and got slightly jealous of everyone else updating their threads, so I thought I'd start again! I'm going to follow the same flow of the last thread, but change it around a bit as a few shots were quite shoddy and write up wasn't that good!

So ahem!

Hi everyone, A Liquid Yellow came up for sale, and after seeing one in person I had to have to one that colour, so after waiting and waiting for one to appear. When I finally found a decent spec that had come up, I knew it was the one and decided to try and get it. In the end I managed to get it for £3400! I have no idea if that's any good or bad at all, but I'm just happy I have one in that colour.

I had an old project for my 1.2 http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...-1-2-First-Car If anyone is interested, but it rarely got updated although not much happened to it, apart from an exhaust which I regret after long motorway drives! Some lowering springs because the old ones literally broke in half and some Team Heko wind deflectors.

Right then, so the 182 or the Golden Nugget:)
(If anyone has owned this car on here before, or knows anyone who has, I was wondering if I could learn a little more information about it and wondered why it has such low mileage?)

I brought the 'Golden Nugget' (As my Mother has now decided to call it that) for £3400 with 40959 miles on the clock, so I suppose that's barely run?! The car also checks out being fully HPI clear which was a bonus, apart from a plate change, which could be a private plate.
Right then, so being a newb I have no idea if this is a Cup or non-cup! It has a cup spoiler, a splitter and that's all I can tell. So I was hoping if you lovely people could help me know which one it is.
I know there is one Liquid Yellow in my area which belongs to Kim just up the road from me as I see it parked on a drive when I drive to my friends. Hopefully she won't mind about this:quiet:

Hopefully this little car will last me for a long amount of time and a lot of smiles/grins as I have no ideas to sell it in the near future! There are a few small cosmetic problems with the car but barely noticeable unless you go around it with a fine tooth comb; A small scratch/chip near the passenger side fog light. The splitter has a crack in and is held together with a cable tie! (JDM YO!) Small crease in the front of the bonnet, barely even noticeable! However the previous owner had the alloys refurbished and a new set of tyres all round! On the day of getting the car and being insured for driving it back, I took a photo of it next to my 1.2 in a motorway service station!
9ff7e532-9dec-4790-a1ad-3c9b418776d8_zps0a15e09e.gif

The small scratch/chip near the passenger side fog light
20130928_150820_zps46652b49.gif

20130928_203439_zps28cfd9f4.gif

The splitter held together with the cable tie
20130928_150809_zpsd4afd55d.gif

The mechanical side sounds fine at the moment. However the owner doesn't know if the belts have been changed, but I'm going to get them changed along with all the other usual stuff when buying a car.
When we arrived home we dropped off the 1.2 and I took my mom to work, my Dad and I cleaned the engine bay off with a jet wash, to get rid of the many years of intergalactic filth (Mighty Car Mods reference) Even though the previous owner had the car cleaned, it was still pretty dirty on the back end and after checking out the forbidden brush, with my fingers many times to see if there was any bits of grit and dirt and blasting it through with a jet wash for a few seconds, I checked it again just be safe and it was clean, even though it already was. I then washed the car carefully as those brushes are a thing made by the devil.
81f45e67-a2f8-4056-8ca8-85766a6dd4001_zps776792b7.gif

Then the only decent shot I have of the clean engine bay, however it's still a tad dirty, but will cleaned up shortly:)
2013-09-28203849_zps00cf7d59.gif

Got some stick last time for using the brush, but as I said before, the brush will NEVER be used again!

a few weeks later down the line, whilst the car was in the garage and speaking to my dad we decided to change the cambelt and the auxiliary belt, what a ball ache of a job! After reading up on the forums I came across someone that said it was easier to take the front bumper and the drivers side headlight out. With my Dad wanting to do things his way and shouting every word under the sun at the car, he finally gave in and we took them off. Made it a hell of a lot easier and my face went smug:approve: So thanks to who ever it was that wrote the comment I found:)
The car had fresh coolant in, fresh oil (Thanks again to who answered my question about what oil is recommended to put in:)) and some slick50!
The only pictures I have of this are the ones I sent to my friend with snapchat writing on, cuz snapchat gets u swagpoints init
Snapchat-20131013124125_zps75f71746.gif

Snapchat-20131019033345_zpsf4a30710.gif

Snapchat-20131019033403_zps4c91cb9f.gif

If you look on the front bumper in the second picture, there is some over spray? Which makes me and my Dad wonder if it had a slight knock, which could draw the conclusion on where that small dent came from on the bonnet? Nothing to worry about though, as everything was straight and true and pulls in a straight line!
Whilst it was in the garage I also took the inlet manifold and took this time to start adding in my own little details:)
After a few days of work from my brother due to me being at work, it went from looking like this;
2013-10-15181847_zpsa1a1bf71.gif

To this
2013-10-19195427-Copy_zps1e8d5433.gif

And then fitted onto the car
2013-10-20183330_zps7ffd820e.gif

2013-10-20183252-Copy_zps00ad0035.gif

I actually think it looks nice! I also haven't seen anyone done anything like that with the yellow block. But it stands out great with the polished inlets and the lettering:eek:

After the belts and engine oil and coolant being changed, I decided I should insure it for a few days as I was going down to Devon for the weekend with the family and thought I'd take the trip in the 182 as I didn't fancy the journey in the 1.2 with a stupidly loud exhaust at 70mph and having the music being pumped so almost the cars in the other lane could hear me, for a long distance!
So I took out the decision to insure it a day before I went away so I could drive it to work to see how it was.
MY GOD! The power afterwards was incredible! It pulls so much stronger than I remembered when driving it home the day I picked it up.
I drove it down the devon and enjoyed every minute of it, especially in the country lanes round there, handles so well!
Took a few photos of it on the holiday site and two I thought looked really nice of it down by the beach. (+10 swag points on anyone who can name what site I stayed on, in Devon from the photos;))
One when I went to let the dog out for a wee
2013-10-26220401_zpseaed959d.gif

Swag point shots;)
2013-10-27120900_zps136a72a7.gif

2013-10-27120852_zps8bc90ac2.gif

My favourite shot of them all:approve:
2013-10-27120840_zps9a98a0ff.gif

Then some down by the beach
2013-10-27115532_zps7739d3ec.gif

2013-10-27115409_zpse7a2f68b.gif

Also got a few in Ilfracombe harbour and thought they were good enough to be uploaded on here as well
2013-10-27130710_zps3673c138.gif

2013-10-27130643_zpsf072b04c.gif

2013-10-27131623_zps1d8a3f5d.gif

I don't plan on doing anything to the car at all as it's pretty much perfect for me, although I'll probably go ahead and clean up all the fading black trim on the car, give it a proper interior (seats and dash, the belts are black and dirty in places so probably do that at some point) and a proper exterior clean, a shorter aerial as I'm not a fan of the long ones, decent sound set up on the inside of the car.

Hopefully I'll get a bit more interest in this thread.
Any help is appreciated and looking forward to what you all think, good or bad:)
Hope you all enjoyed reading this, if you stayed till the end!

James :)

Gorgeous! Absolutely love them in LY!!!
Does it have leather interior? Or cloth? If it's a cup - it'll be cloth. It also seems to have AC, i'm pretty sure cups don't have AC.

I'd say non-cup with cup packs :)

Last edited:
  E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Gorgeous! Absolutely love them in LY!!!
Does it have leather interior? Or cloth? If it's a cup - it'll be cloth. It also seems to have AC, i'm pretty sure non-cups don't have AC.

I'd say non-cup with cup packs :)

They didn't do a cup in LY so will have the leather interior. ;)

It's a Full Fat 182, basically a 182 with both cup packs. Very nice! Got a lot of time for LY. Enjoy it :)

Just noticed your engine bay pic - make sure you get that fuel rail guard back on! If you don't have it and something hits that gorgeous motor head on, a fire is much much more likely!

EP3 and Turbz
Fuel rail guard is still off deciding whether to polish it up like the inlets or spray it yellow. Not being driven at the moment so no worry about anything hitting it head on. Will get it on when I've made up my mind though. :)

EP3 and Turbz
Finally got round to re-insuring this, managed to put my auto lights on, but just wondered how I can get my auto wipers on? :)

Finally got round to re-insuring this, managed to put my auto lights on, but just wondered how I can get my auto wipers on? :)

I always assumed auto wipers were on automatically when you moved the right stalk down a notch anyway. And the twisty thingy (dial?) next to it adjusted the sensitivity but mine are s**t and do whatever the hell they want come rain or shine.
If you start the car with the stalk already in the "auto wiper on" position, I read somewhere you have to switch the wipers off and on again to re-enable the automatic feature, but I might be wrong.

On another note your car looks lovely. Lots of time for these in yellow.

Also marvellous effort doing a cambelt etc in your garage.

EP3 and Turbz
Ah okay, well if they tend to have a mind of their own I think I'll leave them and just turn them on and off when I need them.
Thanks! It needs to be cleaned at the moment it's kind of dirty.

EP3 and Turbz
Thanks!:) Alot of fingertip skin, rubbing down paper. I used a power cord drill with a wire brush wheel first to get rid of most of the rough parts, then down to the sanding wheel disc things, starting with rough to smooth, then rubbing down paper, again rough to smooth and then wet and dry to rough to smooth, to remove the scratches from the paper. Then after a clean, I used some metal polish, to bring up the inlet. :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice, mate. Just out of interest (and I don't think anyone else has mentioned it yet) did you use the correct Renault tools for the DIY cambelt change? :) As you may be aware they are 'sensitive' to incorrectly changed cambelts and incorrect timing.

EP3 and Turbz
Yep, brought the locking tools for the job and slotted them in, also I used a paint marker, on each wheel before we adjusted anything to see if it lined up after we changed it and everything was perfect and matched the markings. Started it up (whilst crossing my fingers) and it sounded fine. Was a ballache of a job, but got there in the end.

EP3 and Turbz
Not much of an update but my club stickers and my Paul Walker sticker arrived today. Managed to get one cliosport.net sticker on the rear driver side, CS with the three stripes underneath it on the rear screen and my Paul Walker sticker on the rear bumper before it started to rain. Still have to put my rear passenger side cliosport.net sticker on. Will get a picture of each in the following days and upload them on here

EP3 and Turbz
Remembered to take some photos today as I drove to do the present run.
Two on the rear side windows,
2013-12-25110419_zps909b5a3e.gif

2013-12-25110407_zpsd0112903.gif

The two on the rear of the car.
20131225_110457_zps9173249d.gif

I thought the CS sticker was a little to big, but it's starting to grow on me.
Also my right exhaust seems to be a little off the right?
What does everyone think? :)

James

EP3 and Turbz
I wish I'd have gone for a smaller CS logo. Couldn't get the url as the windows are dark so it won't be very visable

EP3 and Turbz
I know. I'm going to miss it, but it has to go up for sale as I'm buying my friends car and need the space

RENAULT CLIO 1.5DCI
Quote "Took a few photos of it on the holiday site and two I thought looked really nice of it down by the beach. (+10 swag points on anyone who can name what site I stayed on, in Devon from the photos)"

i would say say that the first pics are in Woolacombe, if I had to guess the camp site by the Fench I would say either north mort farm or possible Woolacombe bay campsite

EP3 and Turbz
Quote "Took a few photos of it on the holiday site and two I thought looked really nice of it down by the beach. (+10 swag points on anyone who can name what site I stayed on, in Devon from the photos)"

i would say say that the first pics are in Woolacombe, if I had to guess the camp site by the Fench I would say either north mort farm or possible Woolacombe bay campsite
Close it was on Woolacombe sands one:)