ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good natured ZR160 debate...

VaVa

lol... cant see him lasting too long on there either.... hes got a massive gripe with Phil Bennett for declaring the 182 to be the best hatch ever, thus eclipsing his beloved Williams. I dont think he gets out much.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 21 October 2004 at 4:13pm]

About 18 months ago Phil told me how s4ite MGs and Rover were, but he is still a mate! I said "Would you saty that if they offered you a contract to drive a BTCC ZS?" "No, them ZSs are great"

We all have our own views, and especially as race and rally drivers we like to thik our views are the right ones! Well rally drivers ones are cos we are better than race drivers! ;-))

I really would love to see Phil in a competitive car, I think he would be a real asset to the BTCC.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 21 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 21 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 21 October 2004

Why not just book Curborough, rent some timing gear, and try it out?
If we could get some timing gear, that would be great. Trouble is, with Curbrough being so short, there wouldnt be much difference between any car, never mind two which are pretty evenly matched on paper anyway imho....

For the record, my money would be on Freds 1.2....
Shenstone Car Club have timing gear which can be rented along with the circuit. I thought the whole debate was about short circuits like Curborough where power was less of an issue?
Good thinking batman:D, I wasnt looking at it like that. I remember freds 1.2 on coilovers not being too far being the Cups/172s on display last time at Curborough, so it highlights how much difference a cars handling can make, despite a large power defecit...

I hope this happens, would be a good day.

Ziel Nurburgring

Well its on the hands of our friends at MG. It sounds like they are trying to get something together. Keep us posted Matt.

Its the guys on the xpower site that organise all these things, they are such a good lot!

I normally dont have any time, and dont usually do track days unless I am working on them but would make an extra special effort if we can get a joint do together! All things being equal would try and bring one of the rally cars down just for fun!

Only reason I can spend so much time on here at mo is, recovering from a broken shoulder so out of action at least until Dec in a rally car. I have become a forum adict and discovery channel too!

Will keep you all up to date for a track do.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 21 October 2004Why not just book Curborough, rent some timing gear, and try it out?

I have videos of the Curborough trackday I did with the Xpower forum in July (sadly on analogue), and Ive got a lot of Cliosport Curborough videos that Ive downloaded. Just roughly timing with a stopwatch from a flying lap around the short circuit there is only a couple of seconds in it from 1.4 ZR to 2.0 Cup to 2.5 Litre ZS to 3.0 V6 to 4.6 litre ZT! The result would quite obviously be different on a track with more straight bits, but then again, this thread seems to be more about handling prowess than outright speed. If anyone can tell me how to convert my analogue video to digital Id be happy to post them up so you can time them for yourselves. The rough stopwatch timings taken on the day are also on the Xpower forums Trackday section.

Rhys

PS: Just remembered that someone had a 182 there on this day. Not sure whos it was but it wasnt any quicker than the ZS180s around the track ;)

[Edited by Rhys on 10/21/2004 5:11:19 PM]

Appologies to all the people who had made it over to the Xpower forum and were getting involved in what has turned out to be a good chat about cars and stuff and cars and more stuff, that found the orginal thread closed due to the behaviour of 1 banned member from here.

Thought it would be good to have a general inter-forum thread if you guys want here, there whatever.

I can see why you banned him, I wanna shoot him, got a gun anyone? Shouldnt ask someone probably has these days!

VaVa

LoL @ King Stromba. "Account Suspended UFN". Eventually hell run out of car forums!! And hell only have his steroid forums to post on.....

Rally Matt, do you know of any video clips of the ZR/ZTs like I mentioned earlier the modded one i heard had a fantastic induction roar would love to hear some other examples.

Mondeo STTDCI

Cant believe this thread is still going! Am really pleased it may have got some links going tween the forums, existing or otherwise.

Fooking Stromba...nobber.

Sorry Ricjax, I dont know but I bet there will be one somewhere onthe XPOWER forum!

You could always come along to one of the XTREME RALLY days and record the noise of the rally cars! We get loads of people doing on their phones and using it as a ring tone! Well I guess we should be flattered but I still think its "Odd" behaviour!

Haha, Dogmaul your Skodaman!

Yes nice chatting with you too! Always good to talk to a fellow North Yorkshire bod, still the best place in the world! (Harrogate of course, York is a dump!) hehehehehe here we go again lol!

do you reckon this will sell on ebay?

1 x Usless gobs4ite

not licenced for forum use

brain unsused

attitude warped

metallic blue packging

1 size offends all

will break if enough interest

bids under .99 only please!

Clio v6

Im sorry there were no bids for this item. This auction has now finished. Take your rubbish back and burn it.

:)

BOT

Havent wanted to join this thread so far but lmao at stroma and his (gotta give him credit) insistence with the clio williams, great car yes but do we need to be reminded of just how good it is in his opinion on every post he makes?

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 20 October 2004

Oh and the 182 was handling as good as Elises at Spa and the brakes suffered no fade during the whole
Having both, theyre not the same. A good driver in an elise will be considerably (no I cant define this) quicker than a good driver in a cup.

An average driver in an elise is a different proposition - as its harder to drive at 100% than the clio, but is still probably having a bit more fun :)

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 21 October 2004Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 21 October 2004this is so true.
My y0z2aSport conversion kills LADs for fun, and they are supposed to be a full tune up for the Cups...

And that is before I have played with the engine block at all. That is will good induction and an exhaust and removal of un-necessary weight. And an Rsport ECU. No £1500 replacement head etc...

/y0zNo magic fairy dust.... Ive seen Yozs car and it is QUICK!! Would be interesting to pit it against a 190bhp MG..... all though my moneys still on the 1.2 Cup....

It is quicker still now LL. Supersprinted up and everything, I now have these two spare engines to "play with"

;-)

Headwork, yes please; cams... yummy standalone ecu; mmm, i like meat... + other toys ;-)

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 22 October 2004
:D Taking a trip to GDI then??

maybe ;-) just maybe ;-)

Lap one: http://www.thebigsleep.co.uk/gallery/Spa-2004-Pro-Photos/DSCF2236http://www.thebigsleep.co.uk/gallery/Spa-2004-Pro-Photos/DSCF2236
(he thought he had a quick car - yes, you are probably quicker in a drag race... but not around Spa ;-) (see next picture (1 lap later) http://www.thebigsleep.co.uk/gallery/Spa-2004-Pro-Photos/DSCF2299http://www.thebigsleep.co.uk/gallery/Spa-2004-Pro-Photos/DSCF2299

its only a clio... but god does it go...

/y0z

muz

big fat japanese bus

I am am member of the mgzr.co.uk which has loads of ZR160s on it

I can arrange a meet on either a track or a 1/4 mile strip (Need to be Scotland for the 1/4 mile though, the pod is a wee bit expensive)

We could have standard 182s vs std 160s etc Would be fun and i am sure loads of peeps are up for it

I will put a post on the mgzr.co.uk

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 22 October 2004

It is quicker still now LL. Supersprinted up and everything, I now have these two spare engines to "play with"

;-)

Headwork, yes please; cams... yummy standalone ecu; mmm, i like meat... + other toys ;-)
Is there something you want to be telling us all about?

Do you like dump vales or you just want a few more throttle bodies?

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 22 October 2004

I think that rovers are crap ;-)

debate...

/y0z

this is just a joke
Is that the biscuits or the cars mate? :))

I noticed you guys had a run in with the mini brigade too! I still cant make my mind up about the mini, like it but sometimes hate it if you understand me. Not sure I would pay the money for one though, know a guy who works for the co that bring the old chysler neon 1600 engines for them and he was saying upto a 1/3 are rejected before even being fitted to the cars. Not sure they chose the right bits for the car, the old R65 gearbox was never the best and understand that lets car down too with reliability. Handling is good but as was sorted by Rovers engineering department not BMW in the end it should be! :)) The car must be gonna take a hit on residuals soon, there is bloody millions of them about!

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 22 October 2004
Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 22 October 2004It is quicker still now LL. Supersprinted up and everything, I now have these two spare engines to "play with"

;-)

[/QUOTE]Is there something you want to be telling us all about?Do you like dump vales or you just want a few more throttle bodies?

nope, nothing i want to tell you about.

:eek:

/y0z