ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus 5

Official bumper case looks pretty thick which is good for protection but been looking around for something slimmer.

BG DCI
Quick email question.

Currently on my iPhone 4 I have my hotmail account setup on it. It has my inbox of messages I want to keep and is the same as if I went online onto my hotmail.

Tried setting it up on my Nexus 5 and it downloaded every email I have ever recieved on that Account, not just the ones currently in my inbox.. Very annoying.

Any suggestions as im not up for shifting through 1000's of emails keeping the ones I want..

Thanks

Liam.

2014 Focus Titanium
Quick email question.

Currently on my iPhone 4 I have my hotmail account setup on it. It has my inbox of messages I want to keep and is the same as if I went online onto my hotmail.

Tried setting it up on my Nexus 5 and it downloaded every email I have ever received on that Account, not just the ones currently in my inbox.. Very annoying.

Any suggestions as im not up for shifting through 1000's of emails keeping the ones I want..

Thanks

Liam.

How did you set it up? Did you use Outlook app or the normal email manager? I used the normal email manager and it works fine, all emails that are unread and read on outlook.com are identical on my phone.

BG DCI
Sorted now! Did it again the second time on the standard email app and worked fine!

Love the phone so far! Very quick, nothing I miss from iPhone currently..

The screen is superb!

Anyone still not sure as I was. Do it!

BG DCI
Question 2: (Think these may keep coming)

When I go onto hangouts, which I am more than happy using, I go to send a new message and get a list of "other contacts" full of old email addresses and all sorts. I have told my emails not to sync their contacts so should be them anymore.. Any new suggestions?

Thanks

Liam

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just picked mine up.
Stupid though how they sort contracts out. I wanted to keep on current tariff but I could only do that if I wanted the white one. If I wanted the black one, then the cheapest tariff was £12 more than what I am currently paying!
Not arsed about the colour anyway. Also, the deal that I posted above that includes the N7 has expired now :(

Phone seems pretty good though. Super fast. All contacts swapped over flawlessly using Google backup. Just adding some apps now.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely love my 5. Its so fast and responsive and the screen is perfect!

Can't see what everyone's gripes are with the battery life are? Mine has been hammered all day today still on 50% after being on battery for 14hrs.

I now have my lg g2 .... much bigger battery and i can still kill it in a day .... some people use phones A LOT !! thats why they comment on battery life

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I now have my lg g2 .... much bigger battery and i can still kill it in a day .... some people use phones A LOT !! thats why they comment on battery life

Sister has the G2 and says that in the first few days it was s**t but after letting it fully charge, run out etc over a couple of days she now only needs to charge it ever other day.

I would not say its s**t as it lasts a full day just ....and yes i charge then run flat .....

I can run extended batteries down ....

2014 Focus Titanium
What's that? An app?
Link?

It's the new virtual environment in which Android can run. Basically it's a lot quicker, smoother etc. Noticeably different even on the nexus 5 which is already lightning fast!

There are a couple of apps that don't play nicely but WhatsApp was the only one I found and there's a fix for it anyway so now it works fine.

Look here for more info. Well worth switching to IMHO.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=724530

2014 Focus Titanium
Since the 4.2.2 update I have absolutely no qualms with the speaker. In 4.2.0 it was pitifully quiet but they've ramped up the amplification and I'm now a happy bunny, otherwise I was considering the speaker mod.

This really is the best phone in existence!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with the buttons at all imo.
The new update to the speakers is decent too.

The only thing I noticed is my compass isn't great (use it for photography, direction of satellites etc). It was OK before the update.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else having problems getting 3g signal with their N5?

At home and everywhere else I have used it it's fine, but when I go to work only about 3 miles away from home it goes dead.

It worked when I first bought it, but now then only way to get basic data is set it to 2g mode :/

Looking through different forums on the net it seems it's not only me, people in America too are having similar issues.

It's looking like a phone/software issue.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've not noticed any problems with my 3g.
Im on o2. We do have some s**t areas (offices in work I get no signal at all) but home/town seems to be OK.

^Local provider issue? My phone stopped working intermittently on 3g at work, orange said it was my phone, even though it worked everywhere else. They then fobbed me off saying it was just a busy network, then it miraculously fixed itself a week or so later.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
^Local provider issue? My phone stopped working intermittently on 3g at work, orange said it was my phone, even though it worked everywhere else. They then fobbed me off saying it was just a busy network, then it miraculously fixed itself a week or so later.

Possibly. Walked out of the office earlier into town, got about 2 mins away from the office and it worked again :S

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Any decent covers available yet? Dropped mine the other day so now got a nice scratch on the side :(

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I got a very cheap as from eBay. Black sides and clear back. Think I paid around £3.50 delivered.
It's only to stop the back getting scratched up. I'll get another case when this looks tatty.

Not really keen on he bumper case. The Spigen Thin Armour in black looks pretty good. Decent reviews too.

So if you order a N5 now, do you get the slightly revised version?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Hows everyone getting on with theirs? My N4 is getting tatty. Not sure whether to buy a N5 or wait and see what a S5's going to be like..

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Mines been pretty good. Noticed the camera was crashing when I was doing a photo sphere today. That's the only problem I've had with it though.

182 Trophy #333
Had mine for a couple of weeks now, using the official bumper case and a nillkin h+ tempered glass screen protector which is really good, would recommend it if you're looking for one! Wireless charger also turned up today and is also really nice, easy to align and works perfectly with the bumper case, also it sticks to whatever surface you put it on with some pretty serious strength, seems a high quality product!

BG DCI
Had mine for a couple of weeks now, using the official bumper case and a nillkin h+ tempered glass screen protector which is really good, would recommend it if you're looking for one! Wireless charger also turned up today and is also really nice, easy to align and works perfectly with the bumper case, also it sticks to whatever surface you put it on with some pretty serious strength, seems a high quality product!

Link to wireless charger you bought?...