ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus 6/X

2014 Focus Titanium
Don't really know what to expect with this! I hope it's not 5.9", I think 5.5 is my limit 😧.

This is the leaked pic:
nexus_6_leak_evleaks.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I have a 4. If I'd have got a 5 then I'd be happy to skip a generation. But I've not and I'm not going to buy old tech.

FML this will be tough. I was having a play with a 6 + today and it's really big. This is slightly thicker, slightly taller AND slightly wider. Not to mention also slightly heavier. I'm also REALLY not fond of the blue/white colour choices.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I need a price! I can't decide without knowing the cost of the thing.
Just read £407 for the 16GB phone, and £250 for the 32GB tablet.

Too me the phone seems expensive going on past models?

Will 100% be replacing my iPad 3 with the Nexus 9 though

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Around £400 I worked out from the "leaked price". And that's slightly over £400 not lower.

After a proper look its not so bad, the blue isn't even that offensive. Just the size I need to come to terms with now.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Just read £407 for the 16GB phone, and £250 for the 32GB tablet.

Too me the phone seems expensive going on past models?

Will 100% be replacing my iPad 3 with the Nexus 9 though

I agree. But it was well known that they were going to be increasing the price this time around which is why the spec is top notch.

I'm hoping that like the Moto X the rear of the case is removable, even though it ruins the feel of the device at least it would mean I could get a replacement back and have it in black for example.

Is there a single person in here who is thinking "yes I want that phone"? Everyone I know is a bit gutted about it and not sure what to do!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I agree. But it was well known that they were going to be increasing the price this time around which is why the spec is top notch.

I'm hoping that like the Moto X the rear of the case is removable, even though it ruins the feel of the device at least it would mean I could get a replacement back and have it in black for example.

Is there a single person in here who is thinking "yes I want that phone"? Everyone I know is a bit gutted about it and not sure what to do!
Not me :( I just can't get my head(hands) around the size of it. My 5 is borderline too big for my girly hands as it is :(

A shame really cos I love the Nexus brand. I'll have to have a play with one in a shop then make my decision

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Not me 😧 I just can't get my head(hands) around the size of it. My 5 is borderline too big for my girly hands as it is 😧

A shame really cos I love the Nexus brand. I'll have to have a play with one in a shop then make my decision
Yep. I think it will upset a lot of Android fans. I'm already looking around for something else to tickle my fancy. But it has to be GPE. Moto X is pretty close to GPE, promises to release 5.0 when it's out, is a normal size (well, 5.2") comes in lots of colour choices, etc etc etc.

If Motorola released a GPE of the Moto X they would mop up so many sales that Google have just lost with this ridiculous size phone.

2014 Focus Titanium
I have 4 friends with nexus 5, plus myself, who were looking forward to this. Three out of us 5 ordered on announcement day last year.

All of us have said we're not getting a 6 as it's a) too big and, b) too expensive ($250 more than the Nexus 9, which will be about £320ish going by recent years).

Google you have failed us :-( (looks an awesome phone mind, proper flagship, just with a proper price)

To be honest, we all knew the nexus line would eventually reach the same price ranges as other flagship phones, I just didn't think it'd be such a leap, so soon.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not surprised to people looking at the Moto X. Pretty cool phone. The 6 is a monster and just not pretty enough for me.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I've just got a HTC one m8 so not particually bothered about the disappointment of the 6. If they did a 5.2 I probably would have swapped the one for it. Such a shame about the size, price and shape.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I've just got a HTC one m8 so not particually bothered about the disappointment of the 6. If they did a 5.2 I probably would have swapped the one for it. Such a shame about the size, price and shape.

Exactly. The 5.2" version of the 6 is the Moto X. I'll be having a long think about it this weekend and ordering one up I think.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly. The 5.2" version of the 6 is the Moto X. I'll be having a long think about it this weekend and ordering one up I think.
Let us know what you do mate. What kind of OS does the X run? Near stock?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Well after holding a 5.7" screened phone earlier on, I'm 99% certain I'll be giving the nexus 6 a miss :(

I'll stick with my 5 and treat myself to the nexus 9 instead, and wait see what other phones appear in the future.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Spent a few days looking at this and I actually rather like the look of it now. I just need to see if I can get used to a 6" phone. I'm not sure I can. I'll not be pre-ordering so I'll wait until a local store has one in to play with.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
6" screen not phone remember. All about the chin and bezels.

Inferno 182 CUP
I have a next to new 5, it has a glass screen protector and an official lg bumper case .. El cheapo if you want it