ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GoPro HD Test

My DIY camera mount seemed to work well at Brands Hatch - but my little point and shoot only does 640x480 and my Canon 7D is too heavy to mount there lol

I've wanted a GoPro HD for years - I think the angles and fun you can have with them is awesome - so I went out and got on - got the LCD screen for it too - which is awesome!!

So set it up on my DIY mount - lined it up and went for a little blast

PS. Watch the vid on youtube - 1080p baby!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio Sport 172
look good mate i got my pc riged up to my 50in HD tv and just put it on looks nice and crisp :)

They're bloody expensive - but the quality is insane

720p does 60fps as well for slow-mo shots!!

The sucker mount is really nicely built - feels like I could pull the door off the car with it - not much chance of it falling off
Gonna clean the car tomorrow ready for FCS then mount it down near the wheel and go for a play :)

They're bloody expensive - but the quality is insane

720p does 60fps as well for slow-mo shots!!

The sucker mount is really nicely built - feels like I could pull the door off the car with it - not much chance of it falling off
Gonna clean the car tomorrow ready for FCS then mount it down near the wheel and go for a play :)

Great quality. Nice little vid as well :) car sounds nice and steering wheel looks to be a good size!!

I had my 5Dii mounted on a bucket seat in Riley!'s car last week for cadwell, held up quite well TBH.

Vid looks good as well, Phil, look forward to seeing a few track videos with it.

How the what now?? LOL

How did you mount it to a bucket seat? And also - you're a brave man lol
I was gonna mount my 7D there with my 17-40L - but I don't think I could push the car hard knowing there's £1800 of camera wobbling about on a B&Q metal bar lol

I keep seeing Riley around Lincoln - we should get some sort of local'ish meet on the go - I could do with meeting a few more clio owners

I've got 3hrs open pit session at Rockingham on Sunday (FCS) - looking forward to that - the car grips soo much better with 2degrees of neg. camber

Mallory Park last month was fun but it was a bit under-steery :(

I was quite scared! But I've got a clamp and twist head and clamped it tight to the seat and it worked quite well, I had to use the 50mm to save weight which restricted angle and view!

Yeah I'd be up for that!

LY R26 #288
Nice! I want. Must resist getting the credit card out! lol.

Yea I'd deffo opt in for the lcd back. Would you be able to use the suction mounts on the outside of the car? I wouldn't wanna lose the camera half way down a road!.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive got a GoPro hero. Its flipping brilliant. The stuff we do with it.

Ill dig out some videos.

Sam!

Edit: Here we go!

This one is on the bottom of the door of the baked bean. Make sure you watch the end bit where it all nearly went wrong!!

[video=vimeo;24081209]http://vimeo.com/24081209[/video]

Heres a video where we put it onto our paintballing guns!!

[video=vimeo;24438419]http://vimeo.com/24438419[/video]

Last edited:
Me?

Currently got Recaro Speed seats in leather and blue alcantara
Harnesses are 4 point 3" OMP ones

Seats and harnesses are likely gonna be sold next month though when I get my cage

Corsa Van. Meh.
Is the mount your using trackday friendly? Does it come with the kit?

Edit: Looks like it does but just wanted to confirm.

172DD Cup
good quality but i keep focussing on the windscreen mount right in the middle of the shot, kinda ruined the video

Is the mount your using trackday friendly? Does it come with the kit?

Edit: Looks like it does but just wanted to confirm.

It's bolted to a metal bar across from both seat belt mounts - made it myself
It's not a sucker mount to should be fine for track days

Next month I'm getting a cage so it will be mounted on the cage then

good quality but i keep focussing on the windscreen mount right in the middle of the shot, kinda ruined the video

Yeah I know mate - it won't be there when I'm on track - I just forgot lol

Awesome bit of kit. I'm debating getting the screen. That's the only major gripe with them, you can't tell what you're framing :(

Yeah the screen is well worth the extra £80. I figured as I'd saved £60 on the camera itself then £80 on a screen wasn't the end of the world LOL (amazing what you can justify when it comes to camera gear!!)