ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

got lowering spring but mechanic says.....(HELP ME)

Focus 1.8 TDCi
hello,

got some apex sprins for my mk2 ph1.

garage have said that its goingto be really hard to fit them because of a torzion (not sure how its spelt) bar at the back?

what does he mean

i though it was just a straight swop?

Mk2's don't have a torsion bar, your mechanic is clueless. You have four springs and it's a doddle, the rear is the easiest part will take 5mins tops.

Old Mk1 clio's used to have a torsion bar and they do have a habit of seizing making them a pain in the ass to undo but yours doesn't have one so no worries on that front.

theres a guide on here somewhere:)
back springs are a doddle to change. fronts a little harder but can be done on a driveway easy. easier is you have a mate with you to take the other strut off the car while your compressing the springs because it takes ages

Lots of Alfas
Tell your mechanic to have another look. The back springs can be done in 5 mins by undoing the lower shock bolt.

Sometimes in the trade a torsion bar gets mixed up with a trailing arm.