ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my 172 cup today

Nissan 350z
172smudge.jpg

It's fun to drive, just gave it a blast and still got 32mpg almost too, which to me, is amazing!

New Toyos on it, new front discs, new front pads and new rear pads. Has a few more things to sort out, but took it anyway as its a main dealer who told me they will do the work (nothing major, missing aerial, and dodgy lock which still works), they will even collect it to do the work even though I am 30 miles away, they delivered it to me too for free and gave me a tank of petrol.

I am pretty pleased at the moment, I missed having a renault sport.

Nissan 350z
No real plans, get these little bits fixed at the garage, then just have some fun in it. Maybe braided hoses, but not sure! I was planning some new Toyos, but it has them now, haha, maybe an exhaust if I decide its a long term keeper?

Definitely some photo shoots soon though, so should have some nice photos up here soon taken by my housemate!

Nissan 350z
I also noticed that sometimes the fog light indicator on the dash sometimes flashes along with the indicator (intermittent), will get them to look at that too, does that indicate some kind of earthing issue, or anyone got any idea? If its something I can do myself, I will do it before it goes back for the door and aerial issues!

Storm Grey 200
I also noticed that sometimes the fog light indicator on the dash sometimes flashes along with the indicator (intermittent), will get them to look at that too, does that indicate some kind of earthing issue, or anyone got any idea? If its something I can do myself, I will do it before it goes back for the door and aerial issues!

Yup, its common, rusty earthing

Nissan 350z
I think I read on here that earlier ones have them on both sides, but 53 onwards don't.

Nissan 350z
Tried replying to this last night but the forum died!

Its on 96k!

I might venture down south one day, I heard your parents have a kia now?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Be careful, could be the uch...... not cheap tbh

Looks a lovely example :)

Do miss mine

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah, the uch contolls lights/indicators windows etc. Did know a cup that when the indicators came on, it wound the passenger window down lol!!!

Nissan 350z
Haha, that is pretty weird!

I found someone on this board post the exact same issue, and they managed to sort it by cleaning the earth wires it sounds like.

Nissan 350z
Just called them, they are picking it up next Tuesday to sort the issues, sweet, garage seems pretty awesome actually!

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
I think I read on here that earlier ones have them on both sides, but 53 onwards don't.

Mine's a 52 plate and mine has no lock on the Driver's door. Looks nice, but how come it has orange repeaters? Or did they all have them and a lot have been changed for clear ones?

Yeah, the uch contolls lights/indicators windows etc. Did know a cup that when the indicators came on, it wound the passenger window down lol!!!

Similar to mine lol. When I press the drivers side electric window switch it puts the right indicator on.

Car looks mint by the way in the 1st post.

b/g 182, meg tourer
hey fosk! looks a minter mate. give me a shout sometime and i will come and check it out in the metal. me you and phil should meet up for a sprinted drive and some pics. time to show his 197 up :) lol