ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my cup today!

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Picked up my cup today. 172 cup 52 reg, 68k miles for £4900. Fook me its quick think im gonna have to go steady until i get used to it, loads of torque steer. I think i can clear up the Fabia VRS vs Clio 172 debate once and for all, having just come from a Seat Ibiza TDI Sport. THE CLIO IS MUCH FASTER, Off the lights and mid range, regardless of what people say.
One thing im struggling with at the moment is the operation of the clutch. Anyone else find it difficult to pull away or am i just a shite driver? lol

Clio 200 Raider
Stevie9 said:
Picked up my cup today. 172 cup 52 reg, 68k miles for £4900. Fook me its quick think im gonna have to go steady until i get used to it, loads of torque steer. I think i can clear up the Fabia VRS vs Clio 172 debate once and for all, having just come from a Seat Ibiza TDI Sport. THE CLIO IS MUCH FASTER, Off the lights and mid range, regardless of what people say.
One thing im struggling with at the moment is the operation of the clutch. Anyone else find it difficult to pull away or am i just a sh*te driver? lol

i know what u mean about the clutch i found it very heavy compared to most cars but trust me u will get use to it in no time.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Nice car, get it registered on www.172cup.co.uk also...trying to get a list of all the 172 cup owners out there! Also, get used to it in this weather, don't become a statistic come winter time.

Good Choice of Motor and welcome to the club :)
Donny

cock mobile.
Nice car, and good choice.

It's a bit of an art launching the Cup, I found the best way was to clutch it a bit, bad I know, but didn't do it often, only when needed ;)

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Enjoy the car mate,nothing quite like a bit of torque steer to wake you up in the morning :)

Clown Car
I know what you saying about Renault clutches, the clutch in my 05 plate Megane was terrible, i could never pull away smoothly without it jerking no matter how much i concentrated.

The clutch in my 182 is much better, no jerkiness and bites in the right place, but my brothers 182 feels different to mine and i think it bites a lot higher up the pedal.

i was the same with the clutch when testing driving a 182, i thought....can i get used to this..?! i did drive a newish fiesta before my 182, and the clutch was really light, but now im used to this, and when i sit in a fiesta again, i put my foot through the floor (so to speak)

so yes you can get used to it, wont take long, a couple of days max

canky said:
i know what u mean about the clutch i found it very heavy compared to most cars but trust me u will get use to it in no time.

haha remember this the first time i drove it gave it the billy big ones at the lights and stallled big time haha

Citroen DS3 DSport
Good choice :) Enjoy it.

I struggled with the clutch for the 1st two weeks after buying my 172 but I'm far smoother with it now.