ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my new 182! FINALY

Status
Not open for further replies.
stop being silly now, just of topic... is there a way of checking if the belts need doing?

No need mate, just wait untill they break. Then moan like a b**ch that no one ever told you that cambelts can snap and right off your engine and that you cant afford to have it repaired so you are going to have to sell it for scrap and lose thousands of pounds in the process.

edit: oh and pics?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
are you thick...

lets see if you can answer the question

is there a way of checking if the belts need doing

are you thick...

lets see if you can answer the question

is there a way of checking if the belts need doing

There are 2 ways of checking if the belts need doing:

1) Look at the clocks and see if the mileage is close to or has exceeded 72,000 miles. If yes, they need doing. If No, proceed to check 2.

2)Check the age of the vehicle, if it is coming up to 5 years, or has exceed 5 years, then they need doing, regardless of mileage.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
very smart, i understand the 72,000 (even though i thought it was less than that) and i understand the 5 years... which is why i will be getting them done a.s.a.p

is there no way of opening the bonnet and whatever and perhaps having a look if the belt is worn down?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
FFs, you are a face plant. 5yrs, they need doing you pleb. Thats the only way of checking. How do you not walk into things more often?

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
You are a face plant FPMSL!!

So now you've changed your mind from "Im not getting them done, I worked in a garage for a few days when I was a toddler and never saw one snapped belt" to "Im getting them done ASAP" Good.

PH1 172
very smart, i understand the 72,000 (even though i thought it was less than that) and i understand the 5 years... which is why i will be getting them done a.s.a.p

is there no way of opening the bonnet and whatever and perhaps having a look if the belt is worn down?

After sitting here for the last 5mins reading this thread I really can't understand how you can ask the above.......

If you worked in a garage then you know yourself there is no way of checking the belts as you CAN'T see material losing it's properties over time!!

You have picked yourself up a really nice bargain and if you don't take the people's advice on here and get your belts changed first thing then your bargain will turn into an expensive purchase very quickly!!

Not having a go just letting you know that you need to take note of what's been said, sit back and realise the belts need doing asap as the car is 5 YEARS OLD.....

Black Gold Trophy
^ +1

These are probably the same people who have the belts snap on them and then moan saying renaults arent reliable!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Only thing missing from this thread:

cat_FACEPALM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.