ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my new 182! FINALY

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Yozza'd Titanium 182
Right heres how it goes....

All being well the car should be with me within the next 24 hours. I have the money and should be collecting it from the owner tommorrow. So there will be pictures up as soon as i have it.

The life of the car: 1st owner had the car for 256 miles and went to prison, the police seized the car for three years. After 3 years a 45 year old man bought if for his 45 year old wife... who has increased the milage to 8,300.

The car is in absolutely perfect/mint/pristeen condition, inside and out, even under the bonnet. Its an 04 reg and i payed £5000 for it, it comes with a parrot blutooth handsfree kit (£400) which will be up for sale and a brand new spare which will be going in the garage ive been in the car and its as tight as anything, its just like a brand new car.

I will probably get the belts done but it wont be straight away! The car WILL NOT be chaved up at all, and i will be looking after it more than i have anything before.

The only downside to the car is that there is no splitter (big suprise) lol and i want to replace the spoiler for a cup one.

The car has been fully vailted polished wheels sparkling and waxed (not that it even needed it) and tbh i cant f**king wait...!!!

- rant over :)

just got a call, may be collecting it today :)

182 Sport 2.0I
Well done mate,

Nice find. I thought my find was nice :) 22K miles for 4.5K but you have definatley pushed the boundaries!

It have the other cup pack? (Wheels + Suspension)

Bringing it to FCS?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You still need the belts done asap. It's not just use that wears the belts. You've got an epic deal there, why take a chance that could cost you a few grand to put right?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
im not been funny right but in 21 years of living, working in a garage, being on CS for three years owning 6 cars and having numerous convos about this i have never ever heard of a cambelt going... ever, honestly!!??

so why would it go on a brand new car?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
im not been funny right but in 21 years of living, working in a garage, being on CS for three years owning 6 cars and having numerous convos about this i have never ever heard of a cambelt going... ever, honestly!!??

:slap:

...its not a brand new car though...its 5 years old. perished belts FTL.

also, ive had two snapped cambelts.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
What is it with warrington and RS Clios?

Charve central iirc :rasp:

i dont see why milage is the end of all. Id sooner have a well looked after- run in - mid milage 182 than a low milage one thats hardly been driven.

You need to bare in mind that the belts are due aswell which is another 600 quid

But also don't forget if a car has done 50k miles, someone else has been sat in the drivers seat for 50k miles, instead of 8k... That's what you pay for sometimes with low milage cars. Dampers, springs, gearbox, clutch etc are all things that don't run in and would be better on a low milage car.

Tight engines are easily sorted with 10k miles of ragging it's tits everywhere.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
My cambelt has gone on my clio once, when i first owned the car, the only other owners were my dad and my great uncle, (so the car was not ragged) at this point the mileage wasnt hight but it was an older car, just goes to show that the belts obviously die off over time without the miles being put on.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Please don't take this the wrong way, but given the advice you ask on here, I would presume you know very little about cars. Leave a rubber band in yuor garage for 5 years, see how much rubber perishes just through exposure to air/moisture. There's a reason it's 72k miles OR 5 years. It's not a brand new car. It's not a brand new car. And roffle at not hearing of a cambelt going, some boy!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

You planning to leave them on for another 60k?

Trophy #490

:rolleyes:
Jeeeeeeesus, that has to be one of the most ridiculous posts i've ever read. Working in a garage? Well surely you must know your things then. If you don't get the belts sorted, I actually hope it breaks down on you. It'll be your own fault for being too tight to sort out a much needed job.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.

It wouldn't. But it would go on a 5 year old car! Also Ive had a cambelt snap on me. Not been funny, what kind of garage did you work at? How long did you work at said garage? Couldn't have been long if you never had any cars with belts snapped in!

clio 182 FF + chipped
I agree with everyone on the thread about the belts. I just brought my 182 this weekend also with low mileage 18k and its a 54 plate 5 years old in november. I will deffo be getting the belts changed in the next couple of months.

Your car has obviously been well looked after just to the shops and back etc. So you should keep it well looked after by getting the belts done at the right time, not just because the cambelt could snap and wreck your whole engine but to keep its value up.

Titanium 182

I thought you were 19/20 ?

320d
Expect a thread in a year or so's time saying "Help cambelt snapped". Seriously though if you've been on here for 3 years then you'll have heard of several snapped belts, some have even gone on sub 5 year old cars iirc.

astra coupe on coilovers
tbh mate to be on the safe side i would get the belts done if you cant afford to get them done you shouldnt of got the car in the 1stplace ;) pics needed :)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

Wheres this garage out of interest? Just want to know so I can avoid it like the plague.
I've not heard something as stupid as that in a while lol:rolleyes:.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Why is 95% of people on this forum nasty and childish?

You can put your point across without being rude you know.

The belts will be getting done, it just wont be the very first thing i do.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Because you stretch the 'truth' and in your last post you basically said you aren't getting them done as you have never heard of them going.

Yeh you got a bargain - Dont go needing a new engine because you cba for fork out for a belt change.:)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Why is 95% of people on this forum nasty and childish?

You can put your point across without being rude you know.

The belts will be getting done, it just wont be the very first thing i do.
Because people offer you honest, helpful advice, to which you ignore then make up stories about cambelts never going! Silly lad:nono:

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Because you stretch the 'truth' and in your last post you basically said you aren't getting them done as you have never heard of them going.

Yeh you got a bargain - Dont go needing a new engine because you cba for fork out for a belt change.:)

ok

Status
Not open for further replies.