ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got myself a megane.

Ph2 Meg 225
Couple more small bits to update, decided to change the blue washers on the battery cover fixings to black ones which looks a lot smarter and oem.

Before as can be seen above but I’ll repost anyway.

A224ED3F-17DD-4EA1-BA0D-0E18BFD786E2.jpeg

And the new black replacements fitted.

9D20FFE0-8382-4226-B057-C38D59E0344E.jpeg

7E97D335-52D4-4BE8-A7A2-2B02177ACFEC.jpeg

The eagle eyed viewers may have spotted in the picture above of the car stripped I bought and fitted some bonnet struts from @Matt e . They look nice and subtle and hold the weight of the bonnet perfectly. As can be seen below.

3C56FAAE-E7E9-4065-B0EE-12626F9A1D2D.jpeg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Couple more small bits to update, decided to change the blue washers on the battery cover fixings to black ones which looks a lot smarter and oem.

Before as can be seen above but I’ll repost anyway.

View attachment 1383894

And the new black replacements fitted.

View attachment 1383895

View attachment 1383896

The eagle eyed viewers may have spotted in the picture above of the car stripped I bought and fitted some bonnet struts from @Matt e . They look nice and subtle and hold the weight of the bonnet perfectly. As can be seen below.

View attachment 1383902
Super clean. Great colour that blue.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Top work sir !! Looks mint great mods colour without going over the top ?
Blue washers look 110% better imo put an back on!! ?

Ph2 Meg 225
Super clean. Great colour that blue.
Top work sir !! Looks mint great mods colour without going over the top ?
Blue washers look 110% better imo put an back on!! ?
I thought the blue washers looked really good too but must agree, black is best now they are on - oem!

Cheers guys, black washers are staying though ?

Picked the car up yesterday morning. can’t believe how great It looks now, they’ve done a great job of it and the colour match is spot on. Being more cautious now as to how I drive to prevent any risk of stone chips in my fresh paint hahah!

Unfortunately I don’t have many photos of what it was like before apart from the one below but it was covered in stone chips and road rash, this is all I’ve got to show it but when zoomed in the chips become apparent.

A0BA0E46-4DBA-4C97-BEC2-D38EC1F6DD53.jpeg

These are the photos I was sent Friday evening of the car from the body shop.

A84338FB-2899-4D13-90DD-C24884D8C337.png
F34EAECC-9BD0-4D33-B427-7457E3EF2239.png
713B2C1E-9B37-4A02-A5E3-0F8B4D53E37D.png

Bought some new genuine front mud guards as ive always thought the side profile of the car needed something more but apart from fitting the clio r27 side skirts there’s not much available. (Photos are before the front end respray, have been refitted yesterday)

910C5D1B-6B8D-4E15-A472-E2959F77683C.jpeg
5683D30A-1FB2-48B9-88B3-FF002024D3CE.jpeg
BCC57D40-F17E-4610-B72A-7EAD927AACCD.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
24hours or free in Barnsley. they’ve done my spray work for the last couple of years albeit only minor parts like spoilers and mirror caps but do a great job. I’ll post some pictures up once it’s collected ?

Thanks mate - not to far away from me :)

Ph2 Meg 225
After getting the car back yesterday I refitted the front mud guards as mentioned above and applied new Velcro coins for the front number plate. I also removed the wind deflectors before dropping the car off to polish them and apply HDD hydrology, These were also refitted yesterday also.

Car was given a quick clean and out for some photos with a mate and his dc5. Got some great shots of the megane which shows how the colour differs in sunlight.

14FBFEE0-A425-43A4-A342-EF40C85B77D3.jpeg
9BB62A57-7DD8-4D5C-9DCC-B29FCC24311C.jpeg
1353AB65-D4F0-4CE0-B173-09B294BE86E6.jpeg
AF3D2F61-FAA6-4BEA-87FE-D416C45BEEB9.jpeg
CA319E1E-BFEE-46CF-B78C-FDDA5A1C12C8.jpeg
884E3845-6E62-43CA-8356-3B709790FD0B.jpeg
8B13092C-F9C8-4602-82F1-3C9E652779D9.jpeg
32DA97A5-8F51-4885-945E-6DBF6DF33BE3.jpeg

And a shot of the dc5 for those interested.

3D02EA35-1571-4FAA-A3A0-13A7AB41B514.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Cheers guys, black washers are staying though ?

Picked the car up yesterday morning. can’t believe how great It looks now, they’ve done a great job of it and the colour match is spot on. Being more cautious now as to how I drive to prevent any risk of stone chips in my fresh paint hahah!

Unfortunately I don’t have many photos of what it was like before apart from the one below but it was covered in stone chips and road rash, this is all I’ve got to show it but when zoomed in the chips become apparent.

View attachment 1384291

These are the photos I was sent Friday evening of the car from the body shop.

View attachment 1384289View attachment 1384288View attachment 1384290

Bought some new genuine front mud guards as ive always thought the side profile of the car needed something more but apart from fitting the clio r27 side skirts there’s not much available. (Photos are before the front end respray, have been refitted yesterday)

View attachment 1384292View attachment 1384293View attachment 1384294

Looks awesome mate :) I also like them mud flaps - how much, part numbers and where from please mate?

Ph2 Meg 225
The megane will be for sale around February/ March Time if anyone’s interested.

The replacement vehicle due beginning of March once it arrives from Japan

135BE40C-EBE5-44D3-9BD4-4494B3CF6605.jpeg

Has some nice mods too which is a bonus
- kakimoto exhaust
-Cusco front strut brace
-tein coilovers
-greddy air filter
-bbs alloys
-project mu pads and front grooved discs

Excited would be an understatement.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The megane will be for sale around February/ March Time if anyone’s interested.

The replacement vehicle due beginning of March once it arrives from Japan

View attachment 1398767

Has some nice mods too which is a bonus
- kakimoto exhaust
-Cusco front strut brace
-tein coilovers
-greddy air filter
-bbs alloys
-project mu pads and front grooved discs

Excited would be an understatement.
Looks ace, going to be a bit different to the meg!
What import site did you use?

Ph2 Meg 225
Looks ace, going to be a bit different to the meg!
What import site did you use?

Cheers mate! I’ve always been into jap if I’m honest but never been able to afford what I’d like until now, never had rwd though so that will take some getting used to.

It’s being imported through Bhp imports, great blokes and quite particular with the selection of cars. They’d tell me to stay away from certain cars in auction if they wasn’t happy with them themselves.

Ford
Only just stumbled across this thread yesterday, love the colour of the car and the mods you've done, stunning car. I've got a 225 cup which needs tidying, mainly lacquer peel.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
How do you ‘stumble’ across a thread with the last post a year and a half ago😂. That’s some great trawling

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I do love how no matter what forum you are on if you ask a new question done to death you get hung. Add your question on an old post with relevance and you get hung :ROFLMAO:

Granted this is just pure trawking though:geek:

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Only just stumbled across this thread yesterday, love the colour of the car and the mods you've done, stunning car. I've got a 225 cup which needs tidying, mainly lacquer peel.

Hello mate.

Unfortunately what people don't realise is that unless new people contribute and find their feet, their little world they think they own might crumble and just maybe they might have to talk to real people.

Welcome along - I can see you joined a few years back. We're not all arseholes.

There are plenty of folk on here running Meganes - have a dig around.

Ford
Cheers brookie, yes I did in all fairness but haven't posted a lot since I didn't want to seem a fraud in a clio page, must say though that I find this more useful as the megane forums I've been on seem quiet. The other reason is my meg was my daily at the time so probably didn't get the attention it deserved whereas now it's become my toy. So in reference to how I 'stumbled across it's it was actually through something I searched on Google images, not from being pro at delving into the archives looking for content but still even if I did can't see why that would be a problem....

Ph2 Meg 225

Cheers! Albi blue is a lovely colour, what’s the colour of yours?

It’s Reminded me I’ve not updated this In a while.still have the megane but No longer has recaros or spacers fitted anymore but otherwise still remains the same.

Might aswell throw in some recent pics from a track day at Donington a few weeks ago 😎

2F747091-6E68-4D51-A67D-D4BFB35B3107.jpeg
2D2D04A7-35C0-4D7F-9288-9C8F2C821094.jpeg
3E3FB3E6-402D-4CF8-9328-DC24C0E3DD21.jpeg
E82A8653-8357-4556-A443-E196878B6E73.jpeg
8F9391B8-7FC6-4D40-8CAC-64464ACD1ABC.jpeg
D0835B3F-B0C5-48F2-8A43-D8B146008CD5.jpeg
53DE425C-5F9A-4EA9-8C5B-6F12AE577AD7.jpeg

Ford
That albi blue is lovely! Glad you've got it still after all the work you've done I thought you might have sold it when the new one turned up. Mines capsicum red, a cup model in a 55 plate reg'd Jan 2006. Love the car and just trying to tidy it up a little then came across your thread and it's pushing me to do it right haha. How come it doesn't have the recaros anymore if you don't mind me asking? I've always been tempted for mine but in all honesty tend to get back ache over long drives and the half leather ones I have are relatively comfy.

Ph2 Meg 225
That albi blue is lovely! Glad you've got it still after all the work you've done I thought you might have sold it when the new one turned up. Mines capsicum red, a cup model in a 55 plate reg'd Jan 2006. Love the car and just trying to tidy it up a little then came across your thread and it's pushing me to do it right haha. How come it doesn't have the recaros anymore if you don't mind me asking? I've always been tempted for mine but in all honesty tend to get back ache over long drives and the half leather ones I have are relatively comfy.

The plan was always to sell it once I received my s15 from japan but kept it in the end as it’s such a great car and became quite attached to it.

The recaros were great for a road car if I’m honest particularly with the lowered frames mine had but it’s getting used more for Trackdays and found the recaros aren’t supportive enough. The leather didn’t help either as you’d slide around in the seat. I’ve got the standard seats back in now but put the bride seat in the megane for Trackdays.

the standard seats in 225s are comfy but just sit too High in my opinion. Is yours a ph1 then? Stick a thread up for it mate, you don’t see many red 225s

Ford
I'm not surprised mate it looks spot on! Yeah I understand what you mean regarding the leather seats I hadn't thought about that to be fair, think I'll stick with the ones I've got in for now 🙂

Yeah mine is a phase one, I'll pop a thread up later and try and stick with it this time 😂 I've done a couple before but in all honesty end up forgetting about them and then times passed before I come back, however probably not so much the case currently as I've got plenty of time on my hands so will be able to keep track of it better, will sort a thread out after 😁 think I've only ever seen maybe one red one when I've been driving!

Ph2 Meg 225
Looks ok. Is the r 26 that much more expensive to insure?
You'll be wanting the 172 back tho.

Probably not more expensive now as I’m knocking on 25 but there was around a £300 price difference if I remember when I was originally looking for one. I put that down to age I guess as I was 21 at the time

do miss the 172 though, would love to own it again.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Get a thread up for that. Capsicum was only available on the 225 cup and the Clio trophy. The 225 Cup is very rare in capsicum, there was one on Auto Trader recently for £1500 I was tempted by just because of the colour.

Renault megane 225
@Danith Hi mate new here just seems your comment about having a template for the foam padding for the r26r spoiler? I’ve just picked one up second hand and just ordered some foam wondering if you could send me the templates?
Thanks 👍

Renault megane 225
@Danith Hi mate new here just seems your comment about having a template for the foam padding for the r26r spoiler? I’ve just picked one up second hand and just ordered some foam wondering if you could send me the templates?
Thanks 👍
Or if anyone else can help me that’d be much appreciated. Cheers

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Thanks 👍

Think I chucked em mate, sorry. Will look tomorrow

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Hi mate, did you manage to have a lick? Cheers

Didn't lick but I chucked em out ha. But I do have a scan I found in my sent box!

Its a PDF a4 scan so don't know how to attach here but if you print on a4 it will work?

Attachments

• R26r spoiler pad template.pdf
    12.5 KB · Views: 106
  Renault megane 225
Didn't lick but I chucked em out ha. But I do have a scan I found in my sent box!

Its a PDF a4 scan so don't know how to attach here but if you print on a4 it will work?
Awesome mate, thanks a lot. I print it off and offer it up to the spoiler first 👍👍