ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got the alloys on :)

Jap Box
After weeks of waiting to find time to get the new rubber on the alloys ive finally had it done :) along with the alignment and balancing too. Handles a hell of a lot better! :D

Before:

snp75gbw0kgrhqqokioewjj.jpg

After:

dsc02618x.jpg

Still need to find the time to get the lowering springs on there too though! Right pain in the ass.

Im thinking that after the winter, getting them resprayed black, along with the diamond and badges, and getting the alloy center diamond done in red.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
There the standard alloys for my car 1.4 S

Sold mine for £50 as I wanted rid haha.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Wow seems dear! Does look better though! Would look nice with a smooth boot and ccd bumper ;)

Jap Box
Wow seems dear! Does look better though! Would look nice with a smooth boot and ccd bumper ;)

Ha ha, wish id kept the alloys off my olde clio tbh, 100% better! Sold them for £40 though, stupid move :(

When I get the funds your top of my list! I think the DVLA with their tax is the current #1 prioity at the mo :rasp:

There the standard alloys for my car 1.4 S

Sold mine for £50 as I wanted rid haha.

I've got them on mine too, and they are poo. Look alright when cleaned - for five minutes.

I was umming and arring with the idea of respraying mine in black to match the car, but decided I just don't want them on there, in any colour. But they are still on. I'll get some 172s when I spot a decent set.

So, yeah - congrats on your purchase kerry ;)

Jap Box
great improvement looks good

The poor mans turini's ;)

DSCN1743.jpg

:rasp: They somehow look wrong on a PH2

I've got them on mine too, and they are poo. Look alright when cleaned - for five minutes.

I was umming and arring with the idea of respraying mine in black to match the car, but decided I just don't want them on there, in any colour. But they are still on. I'll get some 172s when I spot a decent set.

So, yeah - congrats on your purchase kerry ;)

Yeah, I got these because they were going cheap, was bidding on two sets of wheels from a 16v model, speedlines I think they were. But in the last min in both I was outbid by £2 so gave up on auctions.

Jap Box
Looks good, just don't paint them black. Have them re-done is seriously fresh silver if you must.

Thanks, im kinda split on the decision.

Either paint these black, or run the tyres through, sell them and try get a set of speedlines or maybe even Williams wheels.

Can notice the rear drums now :( will have to paint them black soonish :rasp:

V70 d5 beast
been looking at gettin a set of these for my misses clio but never seem to find any good bargains lol

Jap Box
been looking at gettin a set of these for my misses clio but never seem to find any good bargains lol

Oddly ive seen a load, one guy listed some at £55 with £55 postage, no bids. I messaged him when it ends saying id pay £100 plus £30 postage through paisletfreight. He said no as he charges £55 postage :S pretty stupid guy tbh.

Then these ones came up as £100 buy it now, only been on for an hour and id snapped them up :)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
run the tyres out and buy some willy wheels / turbines / ph2 clovers!! love mk1 wheels on a mk2 tbh!! ule have a rep of mine soon ;) pmsl

Jap Box
run the tyres out and buy some willy wheels / turbines / ph2 clovers!! love mk1 wheels on a mk2 tbh!! ule have a rep of mine soon ;) pmsl

Ha ha, I wont quite do as much whoring, need to start saving up some cash for next years insurance really :rasp:

PH2 clovers? Which ones are they?

Speedlines are the top of my list atm, followed by the williams ones. Should hopefully snap something up sometime :)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
haha! the ph2 clovers are my yellow ones, imo best wheels i had on that car! loved them lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I know their small :( will hopefully get a decent new set sometime anyway :)

Don't go for larger alloys - well, not much bigger anyway. I went from the standard 14" tiddlers on my Punto GT to 17" ones. Destroyed the acceleration of the car, though admittedly, crusing at motorway speeds was better.

Those 17"s were fecking heavy! :)

D.

Jap Box
haha! the ph2 clovers are my yellow ones, imo best wheels i had on that car! loved them lol

Ahh, their the ones im calling spedlines :rasp: yeah id love to have them, in grey like you had at some point.

Don't go for larger alloys - well, not much bigger anyway. I went from the standard 14" tiddlers on my Punto GT to 17" ones. Destroyed the acceleration of the car, though admittedly, crusing at motorway speeds was better.

Those 17"s were fecking heavy! :)

D.

15" id be after, maybe even 16" at a push.

Mates got a set of 182 alloys I think, their 17" beasts. Mint condition though, he wants rid for about £200 though so out of my budgets :(

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Ahh, their the ones im calling spedlines :rasp: yeah id love to have them, in grey like you had at some point.

really? there so cheap! i sold mine for 100 with 4 good tread tyres!! lol

soon to be 182 ;)
the yellow 'clover' ones clio_stu had ive just got a set (not the clio ones) the megane ones in 16" with good tyres for £60

Jap Box
182 wheels are 16", not 17"

Hes got something that looks like the newer Dynamique wheels, but their 17" ones. Might be from a Megane or something?

the yellow 'clover' ones clio_stu had ive just got a set (not the clio ones) the megane ones in 16" with good tyres for £60

Yeah their the ones, damn it, was looking for a good 2 months for a set on ebay everyday and only ever found 2 sets.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
theres a meganne down my local scrappy with the 16" ones on and 4 brand new looking proxies lol

Jap Box
theres a meganne down my local scrappy with the 16" ones on and 4 brand new looking proxies lol

Always forget about scrappies! Ill have to have a gander down a local one soon enough and see whats knocking :)

Was cooooold this morning:

dsc02619me.jpg

soon to be 182 ;)
Yeah their the ones, damn it, was looking for a good 2 months for a set on ebay everyday and only ever found 2 sets.

i picked mine up last night, they look bloody huge compared to the 14's nd with 50 profile tyres haha will put up a pic if/ when they go on :)