ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gran Turismo 7

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I’m on a wheel, though I use the controller for drifting since I don’t have a handbrake and the wheel is too small for drifting.

Most tests I just got gold and moved on (wasn’t too fussed on my times, but for one where Liam/Boo-boo was faster and I couldn’t have that). Though now more folk have done then, I may revisit to go faster.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I’m on a wheel, though I use the controller for drifting since I don’t have a handbrake and the wheel is too small for drifting.

Most tests I just got gold and moved on (wasn’t too fussed on my times, but for one where Liam/Boo-boo was faster and I couldn’t have that). Though now more folk have done then, I may revisit to go faster.
Just been doing more licences on Internation B, I'm currently on IB-5 the rally one, I've tried about 15 times now and still stuck on silver, they are for sure harder than GT Sport.

I've looked on the scoreboard and you seem to be at the top quite a bit Faster than the 2 YouTuber's on my list. IB-4 the Skyine one i was infact faster than Kie. If your faster than him get yourself on YouTube lol

4GTS/7.5R/182
I game mainly on PC and still occasionally played GT5&6 on the PS3 / skipped the PS4 entirely, was dismayed to find the PS5 controller no longer has pressure sensitive face buttons and my brain is wired to using X for throttle.

Finding it impossible to play on this controller with the on/off accelerator really, might have to see if the PS3 controller works on the PS5, get a wheel or learn to use another layout.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I game mainly on PC and still occasionally played GT5&6 on the PS3 / skipped the PS4 entirely, was dismayed to find the PS5 controller no longer has pressure sensitive face buttons and my brain is wired to using X for throttle.

Finding it impossible to play on this controller with the on/off accelerator really, might have to see if the PS3 controller works on the PS5, get a wheel or learn to use another layout.
Just learn to use the trigger, the rest of us made the transition 20 years ago 😂

Anyway, bagged myself a PS5 this week for this, well I think I have, it's been packing for the last 2 days. Can't wait to play this!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Analogue stick works ok for me haha.

Playing on the wheel currently, having a proper red button for nitrous is the best.

DANGER TO MANIFOLD FTW

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I’ve probably mentioned it I’m on the controller, been using Automatic for a very long time, I think I was using Manual back in GT1 days yes I think the X was the acceleration and the L2 and R2 were the gears, for some reason the later GT’s they changed the layout and i went to auto . Just last year you lot got me into using the manual again with the X and Square button. I retried to do IB5 again must of tried another 10 + goes and I turned the game off . The rally ones are the worst for me

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I feel like auto will hold you back a fair bit, even on manual the shift light thing goes nuts when there's still a few hundred rpm left. Analogue sticks for steering/acceleration has gears on the triggers.

One thing annoying me is the little pop up every time you overtake someone to show what car it was.....I know it was a XYZ, I just passed it and there's a list in the top left! Guess it's for non car nerds but would be nice to disable it.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Apparently all dirt/rally/circuit experiences are bugged after the patch. The rally ones apparently have comfort tyres fitted instead of dirt tyres 🤦‍♂️

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Apparently all dirt/rally/circuit experiences are bugged after the patch. The rally ones apparently have comfort tyres fitted instead of dirt tyres 🤦‍♂️
Ah right, that will explain it then. I’ll move onto the next one like until it’s resolved. Cheers

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I feel like auto will hold you back a fair bit, even on manual the shift light thing goes nuts when there's still a few hundred rpm left. Analogue sticks for steering/acceleration has gears on the triggers.

One thing annoying me is the little pop up every time you overtake someone to show what car it was.....I know it was a XYZ, I just passed it and there's a list in the top left! Guess it's for non car nerds but would be nice to disable it.
I think I saw a setting to do with the pop up to do with the name of the cars, I’ll have another look and see if I can find it , if I do I’ll mention it here

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The most annoying bit is in those races where the slower cars get to set off in front in a staggered start and you need to catch and pass.

Each time you retry it does the 45 second count down each time.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The most annoying bit is in those races where the slower cars get to set off in front in a staggered start and you need to catch and pass.

Each time you retry it does the 45 second count down each time.
Just complete it first time so you don’t need to retry it.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’ve had times where the car has been stood on its nose/bonnet and just spinning 360 degrees upside down for a good 10/15 seconds before it stops and the car slams down on all 4 wheels again. Only had it on dirt tracks.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So I’ve finished the “Menus”. 39 seems like a strange number to have?

Ferrari F40 and Mustang GT350 were bought with my winnings.

Now just gotta work my way through the missions and any individual races left to do. Worryingly it should not be possible to finish this game so quick.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I've just got to the Skyline one after the American stuff (🤮).

Are there any decent "Tuning Car" type championships that open up? Pretty much all I want, something to setup a car for and play through a few times. Getting a bit bored of flitting about between different things with the menus...

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is there 39 menus? Wow I’ve done about 5 lol. I’ve got about 400k in credit I think . When do I get to unlock doing the tracks learning individual sections of each track?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
You unlock tracks as you work your way through the menus. Once unlocked you can do the “circuit experiences”.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Is there 39 menus? Wow I’ve done about 5 lol. I’ve got about 400k in credit I think . When do I get to unlock doing the tracks learning individual sections of each track?

Edit: What N0ddie said.

Not sure about the PP ratings in this flol. 350z at 580 odd, managed about 7th in the Tokyo/Fuji/Bathurst Championship. R32 with just some SS tyres at 530pp and came 3rd sliding around most of the corners.

It also annoyed me that I can't enter in the Amuse car as it's not a "Road" car...but there's an AI one in the championship anyway lol.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I think R/S or R/M tyres should be the first thing to upgrade on any/all cars.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
it will take some getting use to this PP, I'm not a big fan of this, once it's ironed out might be ok. I had my 1st Online race 2 days ago. Daily Race A, chose a standard car which came up close to the PP. And joined in and i had no time for that race and started 2nd to last o nthe grid which was no issue thought i could gain a few positions, i was very wrong all the cars left me for dead i just saw the time just climb and climb from the cars infront, i came last as the guy who was chasing me we were battleing and he rage quit. I'm not a fan of the mods for online racing it should be same as GT Sport.

On the Cicuit Experience do you get Money, Cars for doing it?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My PS5 got delivered today, been playing GT7 most of the evening. Completed the first 10 menus and golded the first licence, really enjoying it so far. Apart from having the analogue stick in the wrong location the pad is brilliant, the haptic feedback and the variable triggers are sublime, very impressed!

I need friends though 😂 My gamertag is jenic89 if anyone wants to see my terrible times.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
It’s ridiculous. Everything is acting like it’s on plastic tyres ffs. So annoying.
Not just me then, f**king christ. I thought the races were set at 7am on a icy winter morning and I had 1000bhp and I can only have on or off throttle. I am using the joypad on PS5. I do have a wheel (G29) but currently don't really have the room to set up my Playseat unfortunately.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
So I’ve finished the “Menus”. 39 seems like a strange number to have?

Ferrari F40 and Mustang GT350 were bought with my winnings.

Now just gotta work my way through the missions and any individual races left to do. Worryingly it should not be possible to finish this game so quick.

Agreed.

My view of GT7... (incase anybody actually asked)

Pro's
  • Looks fantastic, visuals and effects.
  • Licenses (semi yay, wait for cons).
  • Proper Tuning is back (not that its really needed in the World map stuff).
  • Modifications are ace.
  • Used Car Market is back.
  • I like the premise of the "Menus" tasks.
  • Trial Mountain
  • Deep Forest
Con's
  • "have you played GT before"... "yes"... "that's great we're going to tell you how everything works regardless of your answer and make it a chore to nativage the menus. oh and by the way... if you ignore your collection, I'll f**king remind you about it".
  • Comfort tyre compound... Plastic.
  • Sport tyre compound.... Landsail ditch finders.
  • Racing tyre compound... Ultimate grip.
  • Licenses are only imperative for 3 of the menu races, what's the point. You don't even need the Super license for the last championship.
  • Missions, now I do like these but when one is now broke to the point Gold is no longer achievable (I'm talking the slipstream event in the FC RX-7), since the 1.6 Update it doesn't seem possible (few Reddit threads on it).
  • Invitations to buy cars you can't afford (clearly aimed at microtransactions).
  • f**king roulette
    • Here are 5 items, 3 of which are money
      • 1 credit
      • 10 credits
      • 100,000 credits
    • Invitation to some 20million credit car that will take a lifetime to grind to (so is it a prize?).
    • Racing Crank shaft for a Toyota Crown (which you either don't own or won't own let alone use if you did).
  • Menu prizes, here's 3 cars you likely wouldn't have bought and will forget you've won. Why are you forcing cars on me?
  • High Speed Ring
  • Where's Grand Valley at? who gives a shite about HSR, at this point I'm half expecting Cape Ring to appear in DLC over any of the half decent tracks from the past.
  • Where are the races at? You mash the Menu's and there's about 12 races to do after that and that's your f**king lot
I think there's more that's pissed me off but I do like the game but the con's really did become abundant after completing the menus.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Civic EK9 Touring car... apparently out of the box it's supposed to be amazing. It doesn't turn, then when you look at the set up, it's on basic suspension and has ARB 1f 1r ha ha ha.

Maybe the 1 Gran Turismo released on time should have actually been delayed.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Managed to all gold National A license last night except for one, I can't for the life of me get gold on A-8 which is the dirt stage using the Toyota Tundra. I'm using no assists with pad except for ABS and TCS on 1 or 2 depending.
I only struggled on the final test using the Supra which took quite a while, also took me a few attempts to get the lines right using the yellow EK9 on Tokyo Expressway.

Really enjoying the game so far, even though I'm only 4-5 hours in!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I hate the Rally ones, I've tried so many times and left the IB-5 and carried on. It was mentioned further up the page here that there's a glitch on the rally tyres, being the wrong tyres used for the licence. Best of leaving it until it gets fixed with the correct dirt tyres. I'm enjoying it too and havn't spent much time on the game about 9 hours so far on it. I'm on the Controller too

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to all gold National A license last night except for one, I can't for the life of me get gold on A-8 which is the dirt stage using the Toyota Tundra. I'm using no assists with pad except for ABS and TCS on 1 or 2 depending.
I only struggled on the final test using the Supra which took quite a while, also took me a few attempts to get the lines right using the yellow EK9 on Tokyo Expressway.

Really enjoying the game so far, even though I'm only 4-5 hours in!

That yellow EK9 one caused me a world of pain last night, I've not done any more licence stuff since as it really wound me up. And that cheeky b*****d kept suggesting I watch the demo video every few times I failed.

I'm also trying to gold them all, at the moment I'm not letting myself move on until I've golded it but I can't see me keeping it up.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
That yellow EK9 one caused me a world of pain last night, I've not done any more licence stuff since as it really wound me up. And that cheeky b*****d kept suggesting I watch the demo video every few times I failed.

I'm also trying to gold them all, at the moment I'm not letting myself move on until I've golded it but I can't see me keeping it up.
Yeah it took a while, essentially it's full throttle all the way except that first turn. What got me was my timing of the 'turn in' especially on the 2nd corner, I kept mis-judging it and slamming into the wall on the outside on the exit. I've managed to avoid watching any demo videos so far, I might have to give in and watch it for the Tundra test or else my pad is getting flung through the window.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
600hp 1300kg sequential R32 GTR all assists off. Peak fun/noise that is.

I think I ruined the sound a bit doing the irreversible stuff haha. Was about 730bhp iirc.

One race I had a Skyline in front must have spun it's rear left wheel slightly on corner exit so threw some smoke. Looked like it was firing smoke out of the exhaust on an upchange which looked quality. 😆