ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grand Theft Auto V

Suzuki Ignis Sport
If you're only getting a console for this then just get a pre-owned one. They will be going dirt cheap once people start offloading them before the next gen consoles. I'm gonna be selling my PS3 once I'm done with GTA.

Can get brand new 500GB with GTA5 for £199. Tempting!

Okay folks I've left it a bit (read: very) late to order a copy now. What are the chances of me walking into, say, Tesco on release day afternoon and picking up a copy?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Okay folks I've left it a bit (read: very) late to order a copy now. What are the chances of me walking into, say, Tesco on release day afternoon and picking up a copy?

There's only one way to find out :)
But I doubt it'll be available. Who knows how many copies stores have ordered in

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I always used to go into toys r us if I wanted a game on release day, no one seems to think of trying those stores.

F56 MINI Cooper S

Thing is, i bet alot of people pre order, meaning less people will be leaving it until realse day to go and buy it in store as they would rather get it guaranteed - so who knows, could be loads left, could be none. chance you take.

Thing is, i bet alot of people pre order, meaning less people will be leaving it until realse day to go and buy it in store as they would rather get it guaranteed - so who knows, could be loads left, could be none. chance you take.
I never thought of that. I finish work at 1250 so I've got plenty of time to have a look around.

RB 182
I haven't had an estimated delivery date from Amazon yet so will be going into town on Tuesday to buy one if mine hasn't arrived. I'll just send the pre ordered one back then.

Megane 225 F1
null_zps0a2d4368.jpg

Im ready!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Rockstar are investigating early sales, amazon will get a smack on the wrist, although I doubt they're worried....

Rockstar Games is investigating early sales of Grand Theft Auto 5.

Copies of the game have already been sent out to some Amazon customers who pre-ordered, with many receiving it this weekend.

Rockstar told GamesIndustry International: "We are in the process of investigating early 'sales' to determine how and why that is occurring."

Grand Theft Auto 5 is officially released on Tuesday (September 17), but some of those who received the game early have been posting images on social networking sites.

Traditional retail stores only received their stock yesterday in a bid to prevent early sales.

Rockstar Games recently unveiled a store locator to allow consumers in North America or the UK to find the nearest retail store hosting a midnight launch event.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

My local ASDA have 1000 coming in, im going down with my brother at midnight to join the heek que and hopefully get a copy haha.

£40 from ASDA though :dapprove: I'll find one somewhere. I remember getting MW2 from Morrisons for £26 on release day - everyone was going mad for it but nobody checked Morrisons which was by far the cheapest.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
My local ASDA have 1000 coming in, im going down with my brother at midnight to join the heek que and hopefully get a copy haha.

I once did this years ago for one of the COD games.....never again!

The smell of BO from the mass of unwashed geeks stood in that queue will haunt me forever! Not to mention the underage kids standing inline with their mum just so they could buy it at midnight.

dk

911 GTS Cab
1000, piss off, there's no way a single store is getting 1000 copies of a game, even when cod was at its height, supermarkets were only receiving tens of them. Is this the biggest asda in the world?

They receive a lot more than that.
My mate who queued up last time said the supermarket gave everyone who queued a numbered ticket up to 150 or so. Anyone who didn't get a ticket, didn't get a game as that was the limit of their stock.