ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greeny 172's Fast Road/Semi Track Clio 172

Golf GTD Mk7
Hi!

Great Project! :approve:

I think the mods were very well chosen for the type of car u want, ("Fast Road/Semi Track Clio 172")
about the styling i think u chose a good colour combination and
15” Team Dynamics Monza r in black satin confers to the car very competition look!

keep up m8!

(why u chose v6 airbox for air intake ? )

They give slight gains for minimal cost really. They were the ones used on the cup race cars

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Hi!

Great Project! :approve:

I think the mods were very well chosen for the type of car u want, ("Fast Road/Semi Track Clio 172")
about the styling i think u chose a good colour combination and
15” Team Dynamics Monza r in black satin
confers to the car very competition look!

keep up m8!

(why u chose v6 airbox for air intake ? )

Cheers :) Tbh I couldnt run a proper "track" car as I would need another car in the house for long trips etc so what ive done/doing is the best I think I can do for my current situation.

As Jonny has said the V6 box is a decent and cheap mod to aid the airflow, its better than the standard 172 ph2/182 box and is only £65 new with a filter direct from Renault. It gives simular if not better gains than a Maxogen and doesnt cost £250+.

The top performing 172 and 182 at our RR day in June had either V6 or ph1 boxes fitted. If you didnt already know the ph1 box is the same as the v6 espace but has 2 small air feeds rather than the one large 100mm feed.

Hi!
thanks for the explanation, ;) i know abouth the 172 ph1, but i dint know v6 airbox was like that, and what kind of filter u use ? stock ?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Got my OMP 3" harness yesterday and fitted it today, as Clios are gay however ive had to order a 10mm eye bolt from some random place online as the thread nearest the door is smaller than the rears :( I also need a 12mm bolt for the eye on the subframe.

Anyone know if running a harness with 4 eye bolts will go through an MOT ok?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Right kinda gave up on this thread when I couldnt really be arsed with the car over the winter but now the weather is getting better im getting more into the car mood, even better I have no other half now so no moaning :)

So with the help of a mate to get the seats out we stripped some more from the car this morning:

Mates FTO V6:

DSC00305Large.gif

Before:
DSC00291Large.gif

During:
DSC00294Large-1.gif

Found a £1!!!
DSC00295Large.gif

During:
DSC00302Large.gif

DSC00307Large.gif

DSC00309Large.gif

DSC00298Large.gif

After:
DSC00315Large.gif

Next on the cards is new buckets when funds allow, which probably wont be for a couple of months at least as I have loads to pay for atm :(

Clio GT 1.6
haha yes :) oh really did you come in and collect them? what sort of plates did you get? im in needham market so not far!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have no idea mate, bought them ages ago might have been 3/4 front plate had them posted though as I didnt realise you where so close until they arrived! :) Back to normal sized plates now due to a £60 fine :(

Clio GT 1.6
Oh i see, Yea i had some french plates on last summer, Put them on at around 4 in the afternoon after a nice wash and wax, Went out that evening got pulled at around 11pm! haha luckily it was only a £30 pound fine back then

Ph1 172.
I think i had your mates FTO up my bum on the way into work in Felixstowe on Thursday last week...

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I think i had your mates FTO up my bum on the way into work in Felixstowe on Thursday last week...

lol, he said he 'raced' a 172 last week, random!!! Were you giving it any as he said he was caining his fto!!

Ph1 172.
I came off the roundabout in 3rd at about 2.5k, didn't bother changing down and I gave it a bit, it was a long straight, clear road. He kept up, might have been different if i'd gone from 2nd. I wasn't really pushing it.

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Na easy with two people, kinda impossible with the subframes ive got on my own though :( Just looking for fairly cheap and easy mods to do for the Clio now as its worth nothing and looking to get a Bmw E46 330 sport facelift in a year or so so dont wanna waste to much cash on the Clio!

Ph1 172.
How is it for day to day use with almost everything taken out btw? Loud? I guess if you could manage the Yozza when striped you can manage anything.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I only really drive it at the weekend unless I have to go to Tesco etc as I walk to work but its fine for me, cant really talk to anyone in the car though :)

Megane 225 F1
Whats the difference between the standard 1*2 doorcards and the trophy ones?

Love the car mate.

Clio 172
DSC00295Large.gif

DSC00302Large.gif

DSC00307Large.gif

DSC00309Large.gif

DSC00298Large.gif

After:
DSC00315Large.gif

Next on the cards is new buckets when funds allow, which probably wont be for a couple of months at least as I have loads to pay for atm :(

Get rid of that tar pads dude you'll save a bit of weight and it'll look much better.

Ph1 172.
LOL, my colleague just came over and asked:

her: Are you buying a new car?
me: No
her: Why are you looking at cars?
me: Oh, it's my friend's car. He's stripped it.
her: Is he taking it banger racing then?
me: No,
her: Then why has he stripped it?