ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greeny 172's Fast Road/Semi Track Clio 172

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I dont suppose you could weigh the top part of the dash for me :) (bit more weight saving ;) )

Also can you just take the cambelt cover and engine mount off with out the engine sort of falling down? I wana take out that bit of metal :)

Just support the engine with a jack and a piece of wood :D

Will have to say hi at the next track day dude, loved your motor at Trax, was my fave on our stand ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Just support the engine with a jack and a piece of wood :D

Will have to say hi at the next track day dude, loved your motor at Trax, was my fave on our stand ;)

Hmmm my jack i have at my flat wont fit under my car, I'l find a way.

Cheers mate, The car has shed about 40kg since Trax :) It looks a lot neater too. All the wiring is currently been hidden and the tar is been removed next weekend, Then the interiour is been sprayed matt black like Ben172's car. Got lots more weight to come out too. My mates say i've lost it but i see it as free BHP :)

Golf GTD Mk7
the engine will still support itself on the other mounts, but if you're leaving it, jack it higher and put bricks under it to take the weight.

Golf GTD Mk7
oh right, what I did was remove the lower engine cover, measure the distance between the sump and the floor, jacket the car up at the usual jacking point and put bricks under the sump. Lower down and then remove the mount.

Make sure you torque this mount correctly. If you have AC you might have to remove the front bumper also to get to the block. Pain in the arse to remove. You need to remove the headlight to make it easier really

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The piece of metal is half the size on my 172 so its a piece of piss to take out, I supported the engine as I was leaving the car for the while :)

Golf GTD Mk7
not sure. I know Jays (burp) lump was around the same weight as mine. Stick it on the scales and see what it weighs?

Golf GTD Mk7
Mine was about 3.5kg. think the weights were similar, just the size of the blocks varied. Not sure how that works, but hey.

Golf GTD Mk7
what have you removed to get it to the weight it is? Everything I presume? Get the acoustic valve out if you haven't already.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im currently at around 170bhp/ton :( Im not going to lose much else weight wise without going hardcore which I dont want to do as im still trying to keep the car as a drivable everyday car that I dont get moaned at about :) However if we ever get another car for the house everything is going!!! :) :) :) Also I get my results from a decent RR so no 180bhp from a filter and exhaust! :D

Artic 182
My name is LouisQ :p You messed up my name and my forum name. haha! Would it not seem viable that the iron block is part of Renaults attempt of factory corner weighting?

TrackCar & F30 330d
what have you removed to get it to the weight it is? Everything I presume? Get the acoustic valve out if you haven't already.

I've stripped:
Everything out of the interiour apart from the dash.

Swapped standard battery for a redtop 25, relocated under passenger bucket
V6 Airbox
ECU bracket
Other metal parts from engine bay
Heat shield

H&R coilovers, OZ F1's, Ktec zorst, Decat, are all lighter than OEM stuff.

I will be stripping all the tar, removing dash, and the block under the engine mount.
Should get it down to 930 i think :)

Then its ITB, cams, and Slippy diff time :)

n/a
looking nice greeny u big bogie! :rasp: black on black ftw! hope your rr day cums thru and you reach over 170 mate i'll be waiting for the results, if it makes a difference am going straight to renault for the v6 box.

p.s you going to leave the dash like that?

Golf GTD Mk7
I've stripped:
Everything out of the interiour apart from the dash.

Swapped standard battery for a redtop 25, relocated under passenger bucket
V6 Airbox
ECU bracket
Other metal parts from engine bay
Heat shield

H&R coilovers, OZ F1's, Ktec zorst, Decat, are all lighter than OEM stuff.

I will be stripping all the tar, removing dash, and the block under the engine mount.
Should get it down to 930 i think :)

Then its ITB, cams, and Slippy diff time :)

Get the LSD before the cams, will make such a difference.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
looking nice greeny u big bogie! :rasp: black on black ftw! hope your rr day cums thru and you reach over 170 mate i'll be waiting for the results, if it makes a difference am going straight to renault for the v6 box.

p.s you going to leave the dash like that?

No, its being sent off to be flocked along with the A piller covers :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Cool.

There should be some washers under them allen key heads though IIRC!

Contacted Jon today and he has spoken to Curtis at AST Uk who says that they are no longer supplied with them!

How odd!

Mine are the little spring type washers, I thought without them the bolt heads would just dig into the metal....but if they said that I guess not!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
How odd!

Mine are the little spring type washers, I thought without them the bolt heads would just dig into the metal....but if they said that I guess not!

Mine is cutting in very slightly :( But this was straight from the horses mouth so to speak :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
You get your inlets done ok I guess mate? Have you noticed any difference?

well the one I bought looked slightly worse than my current one from what I can see from the top. :cool: Also I didnt have a tool to get the fuel guard threads off my current inlet which kinda pissed me off but nevermind. I fitted the upper PTFE gasket but need to get the inlet off to fit the lower at some point.

RR day sunday to see what difference the upper PTFE gasket and V6 box make, bit of a unfair test though as its cooler now than 4 months ago but nevermind, gives me a rough idea if nothing else. Got another de-cat going on after my MOT and ill get it back on the rollers then but I think that will make sweet fa difference as de-cats from my experience move the curve more than give any extra power, for instance I made more power when I removed mine :/

Artic 182
How did you decide which inlet was better if you didnt get yours off Dan? I'll give you a hand next weekend if you like? We'll do both of ours

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
How did you decide which inlet was better if you didnt get yours off Dan? I'll give you a hand next weekend if you like? We'll do both of ours

Well tbh the top looked slightly better but obviously couldnt see the bottom :)

Cant do 24/25th but free the weekend after as far as I know, gimme a txt nearer the time! Any luck with the window reg? Im fed up of taping my window shut :p

Golf GTD Mk7
well the one I bought looked slightly worse than my current one from what I can see from the top. :cool: Also I didnt have a tool to get the fuel guard threads off my current inlet which kinda pissed me off but nevermind. I fitted the upper PTFE gasket but need to get the inlet off to fit the lower at some point.

RR day sunday to see what difference the upper PTFE gasket and V6 box make, bit of a unfair test though as its cooler now than 4 months ago but nevermind, gives me a rough idea if nothing else. Got another de-cat going on after my MOT and ill get it back on the rollers then but I think that will make sweet fa difference as de-cats from my experience move the curve more than give any extra power, for instance I made more power when I removed mine :/

Shame you couldn't remove it. You not have a spanner that fit the fuel rail bolts?

Let me know what you get, i'm still contemplating the v6 box. I'm RR mine on friday to see what the inlets and exhaust made, so will be interested to see how yours fared.

ibiza cupra
really like this mate. god job your doin. did your fastchip map make any difference when you had that done?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
really like this mate. god job your doin. did your fastchip map make any difference when you had that done?

Yeah "feels" better to drive and wants to go abit more :) Im happy with it for the money paid :)

I might get getting a live map not to far away in the future mind you though but for the £170 odd quid for a Fastchip remap you cant go wrong.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Shame you couldn't remove it. You not have a spanner that fit the fuel rail bolts?

Let me know what you get, i'm still contemplating the v6 box. I'm RR mine on friday to see what the inlets and exhaust made, so will be interested to see how yours fared.

I did yeah but they are proper tight and as its only as 10mm the scanner I had was tiny so couldnt get enough power behind it.

V6 box is awesome for £65 new and it comes with a filter, bargin :) Ill post up my before and after RR results with the V6 box on Sunday.

Golf GTD Mk7
I did yeah but they are proper tight and as its only as 10mm the scanner I had was tiny so couldnt get enough power behind it.

V6 box is awesome for £65 new and it comes with a filter, bargin :) Ill post up my before and after RR results with the V6 box on Sunday.

I've got the box already, just not sure if it's going on that's all. Battery relocation is next me thinks. Free up a bit of space and help the bay cooling.

The bolts shouldn't be tight at all really :S. Only torqued to 21Nm. You were turning the right way ;)

Hi!

Great Project! :approve:

I think the mods were very well chosen for the type of car u want, ("Fast Road/Semi Track Clio 172")
about the styling i think u chose a good colour combination and
15” Team Dynamics Monza r in black satin
confers to the car very competition look!

keep up m8!

(why u chose v6 airbox for air intake ? )