ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grey Import Civic Type R

Word everyone !
Last night me and a friend were talking cars while in the pub a,d he told me that he was selling his golf 2.0 gti(which I race and beat on every occasion) and purchasing a 1.6 Civic Type R only avaliable in Japan. He states that they are 185 bhp FROM A 1.6 and can do 0-62 sprints in around 5.7. Now I find this hard to believe is he talking BS!

Thanks People !

Costa

mk2 172

i think hes right, figures maybe a bit off but i think there called EK 9 or summat like that. import only, there wasa guy apparently doing the 1/4 mile in 14.7 in a standard one

mk2 172

Engine 1,595cc
Cylinders 4 DOHC VTEC
Power 185 PS @ 8,200
Torque 16.3 kg.m @ 7,500
Weight 1,040 kg
Chassis is lowered 20mm and seats are by Recaro
Titanium Shift Knob

mk2 172

i know mate but hes gonna race it in a valver, wonder how much they are on import, that would be a rare flying machine, theres no end of little known jap imports that fly!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Yeah, these things are fookin amazing!!!

I know a lad that has (or had) one and it was rapid!

Hard to believe they are only a 1.6 too...

they fly and look superb - Ive seen one in coventry a few times, white - jap spec bodywork - would chop the best valver in the world against it. Its a different class to renault hot hatches

mk2 172

lol, just bought one on gra turismo, did a 16.7 1/4 mile standard, so tuned it to 434 bhp!!!, with a turbo, and got 13.6. highly inaccurate i believe, now where did i leave that limited slip...........