ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grounding in Clio 1.4S 94

Renault Clio 1,4 S
I looked through the forum but couldn't seem to find anything about it.

I just got a new amp for my car, but my smaller one is now starting to switch to protect mode sometimes. I put in an extra grounding cable from batt to chassis, it helped a bit, but not perfectly.

So im guessing my grounding for the amps are too poor. Any good places to ground an amp in the trunk? Preferebly using an exsisting bolt somewhere.
Right now my amps are tied to the point where the seatbelts are attached to the car (was just about the best place i could find in a hurry :) ). Worked fine with the smaller amp, but with this new bigger one too, it's not enough.

Again im sorry if this has already been posted somewhere.
And well for my poor english :p

edit: btw i also have a capacitor installed, so thats not the problem.

if you undo the plastic bolt thing that holds your rear lights in place you can attach it there. its the plastic bolts on the left or right of the boot just behind the rear lights inside the boot if you know what i mean. well this is what i did on mine. i scraped away a bit of paint so it makes good contact on the car. then the plastic bolt screw holds the wire in place nicely. you can also hide the wires under the side carpet bits so it looks all neat.
hope this helps

Renault Clio 1,4 S
yea i was thinking about that, but was worried that the bolts "plastic cap" might not be able to cope with it...

Clio Mk1
no no no no the plastic bolt on the rear lights is a s**t grounding place i had this problem 2 days ago someone told me to put it here ,

in the boot left or right hand side dosent matter under the carpet at the side is the seatbelt bolts undo them take the bolt out and scrape the metal so you can see metal not paint put your ground wire around the bolt and put it back in since then ive had no problems. first of all i had mine on the rear light but as i got told the platic bit wont be tight enough for the ground so just do what i did and its the best place ive been told about!

Renault Clio 1,4 S
Okay kinda the same i already did, except i guess there should be a lot more power at the bottom where the belts are tied in. Ill try that one, are they just underneath the carpet, or do you have to "clap" down the seats too, to get to them? Im just asking because i have to take my entire system out, to perform this. But thanks so far :)

Clio Mk1
no seats are fine its just under the carpet in the boot left or right hand side where ther seatbelts are bolted to the car just take the bolt out scrape the frame to metal abit and put your ground cabl on the bolt and tighten it up job done. :)

Renault Clio 1,4 S
I just tried it, took some time as i had to pull out everything :D. But it works great so far. Ended up using that bolt at the seatbelts, much better than the other bolt i had used. Thank you very much