ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group Buy Of Coilovers For 182 Cup Suspension Pack Owners

Black Clio 182
who would be interested in this... not got any prices or anything like that as of yet but im after some coilovers for my 182 and was wondering if anyone else was?

Coiley'd Clio PH2
See if you can get the thread moved to Car Parts For Sale and get it stickied.
You'll get some interest then for sure.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
would depend what coilovers and what price i would imagine mate

fad

Clio 182 FF
I would contact one of the traders such as Jamsport and see what they can do on a set like H&R's or AST's if there is a group.

fad

Clio 182 FF
I'm seeing Mark on Saturday so will ask if he would be interested in doing a group buy on any of the kits they offer

RB 182
Would anyone be interested in a group buy for AST? they are £1300 + Vat (inc. top mounts). 5 or more and we are looking at approx £250 discount, maybe more if we get names down? Fitting, alignment etc is £200 + Vat.

RB 182
Well it works out at £1245 for the coils and top mounts, then fitting on top of that. I'm guessing Curtis said £250 discount as it was a telephone enquiry, might drop more if we have people that are serious but I doubt we will ever see the price of the first group buy.

200 FF Storm Grey
Bump

Im interested, getting wound up with the lack of choices I have for the 182 cup now, tempted to just go with gaz coilovers :| somebody stop me please

Any word on if we've been offered a cost?

200 FF Storm Grey
My other option is shorter shocks and some 50mm springs, what shocks will go with the 182 cup?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Anyone thinking of coilovers should really at least have a ride in a car equipped with the options you're thinking of before buying. Listening to the fanboys won't necessarily get you the suspension you want. I'd try and get some experience of AST, H&R, Bilstein, KW before buying.

Track 172cup
i'd be up for it depending on price and what choices there is, would love to get AST's but cant afford that much at all

i'll need to find out if anyone local has coilovers so i can decide for myself

RB 182
Anyone thinking of coilovers should really at least have a ride in a car equipped with the options you're thinking of before buying. Listening to the fanboys won't necessarily get you the suspension you want. I'd try and get some experience of AST, H&R, Bilstein, KW before buying.

Bilstein & KW don't do them for cupped packed 182's. If we had numbers then might be able to get them to look into the matter... AST are about £250-£300 more than H&R's and thats with a group buy of 5 or more.

Stab in the dark but people wanting WK's or Bilstein:

1. Meek Racing

Mini Clubman
Bilstein & KW don't do them for cupped packed 182's. If we had numbers then might be able to get them to look into the matter... AST are about £250-£300 more than H&R's and thats with a group buy of 5 or more.

Stab in the dark but people wanting WK's or Bilstein:

1. Meek Racing
  2. Tony2699

Im on the list pal

Black Clio 182
the only decent priced coilovers i got for a group buy was gaz ones which came in around 350-400ish... depending on how many people wanted them really.

Track 172cup
Im going to wait and see about the new ktec ones when they come out for the 182 cup pack fitment later in the year

500 Twinair
I am in interested in a groupbuy for the ast suspension, have been looking into getting a set off jamsport, they have quoted this without a groupbuy.

There are a few spring rates for the AST aswell, so you can spec if you want it for road use, track use or a mixture of the two. The road springs are good for frequent track day use aswell.

Price wise there are two options
With AST top mounts: £1325+vat
Without AST top mounts: £1195+vat

If we get enough people interested then i contact jamsport and see what they say.

Thankyou
tim

Sounds good, spoke with curtis today at ast uk and defo sounds like the best bet for decent coilovers, can do it through either, which ever works out cheaper!
Anybody interested?
cheers

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
I'm looking for coilies for our cupped 182. was thinking about KW's though

whats the difference between the suspension bolt spacing on the 172/182 & 182 cup. Am I correct in saying the bolt spacing on the 182 cup is 60mm?

Dodgy one
I'd be interested, Ive got my cambelt as priority though so i' dbe looking about November time

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I'm looking for coilies for our cupped 182. was thinking about KW's though

whats the difference between the suspension bolt spacing on the 172/182 & 182 cup. Am I correct in saying the bolt spacing on the 182 cup is 60mm?

yes you are. non cup is 56 mm

so let me get this righ because im slightly confused.
cupped 182's and non cupped 182s both need different suspension setups, so coilovers for a normal 182 will not fit onto a cupped 182?

182 cup and normal 182 need two tottally diffent coilovers....?

Titanium 182
cupped 182's and non cupped 182s both need different suspension setups, so coilovers for a normal 182 will not fit onto a cupped 182?

Correct, and a "normal" 182 which has the cup packs (suspension upgrade. Is classed as the same as a 182 cup.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
wonder if you could modify a set of coil overs for a 172/182 to fit a 182 cup? if its just a slight difference in hole centre I cant see it being too much of an issue.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
What are you all actually looking for in the coilovers?

If its speed, i can guarantee that a good driver in a standard 182, would be faster round a track than a poor driver on AST's... instruction would be far more sensible.

If its feel, how can you consider the options, without trying out a few kits first (as mentioned by Warren). Some people prefer understeer at the limit, some over, some neutral, etc, etc.

If its simply looks your after, buy the cheapest available.

AST's are currently well regarded (prob as they are priciest) but people always used to w*nk over H&Rs, it is simply the latest fad.

People on here dont like GAZ, but other forums love them, maybe as they can be re-valved/sprung to your own individual requirements. Strange as it may seem, from a 'proper' (re racing) suspension perspective, AST are one of the cheaper brands when compared to the likes of Intrax, Nitron, Black Art Designs, etc.

but if they came with a differnet suspension setup, buying coloivers and takling the cup suspension package out would that put it back to a ''normal'' 182, wouldnt that change the suspension setup to somthing completley new using coilovers?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
you need to take out the hub also, and fit non cup hub which has 56 mm between holes , in order to fit most coilovers out there