ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Group N ECU re-map?

Hi everyone,

I have a 2002 Clio RS MK2; I've read about the Renault Group N ECU Re-map, can someone tell me where I can get this done.

In fact - even better; I live in Berkshire and want to get the car Re-mapped locally if possible - but I'd like to know what you guys have and recommend?

I've looked:

Superchip from ABP Motorsport offering up to 10BHP + 13%(est) Torque increase

Van Akan ECU re-map offering 10BHP + 10% Torque increase

Renault Group N BHP? Torque? I'm also told it's designed to work with an exhaust and induction filter?

My car only has a ITG replacement panel filter, the ECU seemd the best wat to increase the torque, increase small BHP and clean up the lumpy tick over, I'm even read it improves MPG a little?

What do you all think? I have a budget of around £250 - £300 ish!!

Thx

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
ive got that ecu mate, to be honest i would spend your money else where. it claims to give more power, but im sure it just raises the rev limit to 7800, when the power band peaks at 6800 ish it seems a bit pointless unless you like sound of your engine be strangled by the limiter!!

Nick Hill @ Hillpower re-mapped by 172. IIRC the re-map he installed is based on the grp N program with some extra "Hillpower" tweaks.

All I can say the re-map transformed my car. It ran smoother, the power was delivered in a more progressive manner right through the rev range.

I can only comment on my experience, but IMHO well worth the money.

VaVa
Once my zorst is done, my missus is giving me the money for a remap and inlet manifold work for chrimbo from HillPower

You pleased with yours then Mattie?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
well you got a good point, i have never driven the car without it (allready fitted when bought) so it might be fantastic and im just an ungrateful git lol

lagerlout1 said:
Once my zorst is done, my missus is giving me the money for a remap and inlet manifold work for chrimbo from HillPower

You pleased with yours then Mattie?

Yes mate I was very pleased with it, like I said the difference before and after was substantial.

My 172 (now sold) had a sports cat, ktec exhaust, ITG, and a modded inlet manifold. The re-map brought all this together nicely.

Go for it mate....you'll love it;)

VaVa
Mattieuk said:
Yes mate I was very pleased with it, like I said the difference before and after was substantial.

My 172 (now sold) had a sports cat, ktec exhaust, ITG, and a modded inlet manifold. The re-map brought all this together nicely.

Go for it mate....you'll love it;)

Ace. I've got an ITG and am going for a ProSpeed cat back next month. Then persuade the missus to give me my present early. lol.

Without running a larger bore exhaust, sports cat, sports muffler and a decent intake system, there is no point getting a re-map.

I have heard that 63mm-65mm exhaust is optimimum. This is what they use on Group N's.

Oh, and you can get the WHOLE Renault Sport ECU directly from Renault, either the one designed for CAMS, or the one designed for intake and exhaust mods, for about 320 pounds or 475 Euro.

So you have your spare ECU in case something goes pear shaped.

I'm getting one sent down to Australia soon, so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

:)

This is the info I got from Renault France. It's for a 172 Mk2.

It was in broken english so I hope it's right.

Part number for ECU designed for racing cams = 77 11 129 630 (1200 rpm idle) 7800 rpm rev limit

Part number for ECU designed for intake and exhaust mods = 77 11 129 506 (7800 rpm rev limit)

Hope this helps.

P.S, why can't I edit posts?

Everyone,

Thank you; the amount of replies was fantastic - I spoken to AD Superchips in Berkshire, they were recomended to me by my Renault dealer who told me not to bother with the Group N ecu as I've not added a performance exhaust or induction system, best suited for the Group NECU settings. Renault would have charged me £355.00 all in. Instead they recomended Ad Superchips; they use him for some work on the new Megane and 182/Trophy. For £293.00 he increase the BHP by 9BHP to 13BHP depending on the air intake with my ITG and general engine condition etc. The Torque is expected to increase 14nm. He will also raise the rev limit by 350RPM. I get a complete print out and get to try the car in different settings before choosing my best settings, included in the deal will be a full print out and power chart etc. It also comes with a 12 month warranty and he puts back the chasis number onto the ECU unlike many othe re-maps, by doing this it won't flas up a fault code and get re-set by Renault. I'll let you know the outcome as this is a really confusing area.
One last point, I know this ECU Re-map is based around the SuperChip as AD are a franchise for SuperChips, they've worked on a fair few and found different increases depending on the car and it's extras/condition/mileage. SuperChips claim an extra 9bhp and 13nm, so fingers cross this guys not talking rubbish!! Once again thank you.

Any off the shelf chip is s**t as its not set up for your car, if you are gonna pay, get it done on teh rollers, and then ypou'll notice a massive difference