ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gt cams bhp figures inside .

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
yeah Hartside will show him what its all about, best time the cup has handled imo but i suppose its cos we had plenty of open road to chuck it about

You'll have to come up for a blast up there in the dark mate, it's so much better than during the day, I'm up for going there anytime so just shout up

421's or gt cams for road? im guessing gt cams due to lower down torque/bhp where as 421's u need to be redlining everywhere to get the most from them?

After owning a car on GT cams and 421's i much prefer the 421'd car.

Why? nothing to do with the peak figures thats for sure. The power delivery with the GT cams was pretty smooth and felt as if it gave the car more go through out the entire range but didnt make it much quicker overall, it was definitely an improvement. The 421s feel much more peakier and the power band seems shorter but further up the rev range but I feel once in the power it just goes much quicker and its still in the band you need for driving fast.

My ph1 on GT cams weighing 910kg feels pretty even with the 421'd car weighing not far of standard, there isnt any real proof to this bar how quick it goes between certain points etc. Only one other person on here can comment on which is faster/drives better.

All in IMO ;)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

Why? nothing to do with the peak figures thats for sure. The power delivery with the GT cams was pretty smooth and felt as if it gave the car more go through out the entire range but didnt make it much quicker overall, it was definitely an improvement. The 421s feel much more peakier and the power band seems shorter but further up the rev range but I feel once in the power it just goes much quicker and its still in the band you need for driving fast.

My ph1 on GT cams weighing 910kg feels pretty even with the 421'd car weighing not far of standard, there isnt any real proof to this bar how quick it goes between certain points etc. Only one other person on here can comment on which is faster/drives better.

All in IMO ;)

Much appreciated mate

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

All in IMO ;)

hai ;)

You're right, the ph1 did see some benefits, there was a fair gain in the mid range mostly (it took a big chunk of extra fuel there too so very obviously there were gains), and it drove nicely. Overall it wasn't good enough an improvement for me to be happy to keep selling those cams though (as you know already from discussions in private).

You've driven the ph2 a lot more than me now, I only had it with the ITB's off for a few days, but I loved how it drove. Was actually a bit gutted to see it go, I thought it was going to feel spoiled after removing the ITBs, but it really didn't.
You should come down to the SRR day in a couple of weeks!

172 cup
Are there any before and after graphs for the GT cams? There doesn't seem to be too many customer results for them...

Mine made 162bhp and 140 lbft before , I can remember exact figures for after with the ktec induction also fitted. Sure dan @ 519 has the results nearer than me. Doesn't matter about peak figures for the car anyway as it was how it drove, regardless the 421s give better drivability IMO.

172 cup
I'm not chasing peak figures, I'd prefer more mid gains to peak which is why I'm interested in these as opposed to 438s... I take it I'm right in thinking that?!

Thanks for the figures though

438s will see better gains over all, gt cams as a single mod don't make enough of an improvement IMO,

before someone says about the price of gt cams being cheaper, then why not go for 197 cams as they are cheaper? But give less gains, same difference in the theory that gt cams are better for a few hundred less!

Or if your handy with a spanner Rhys Beal on here is selling my old engine running gt cams , arp bolts , new cambelt kit and dephaser that's only done 2k since having the work done, all you'd have to do is drop the engine in and get it mapped . By far the cheapest way to get gains and a reliable engine.

172 cup
Or if your handy with a spanner Rhys Beal on here is selling my old engine running gt cams , arp bolts , new cambelt kit and dephaser that's only done 2k since having the work done, all you'd have to do is drop the engine in and get it mapped . By far the cheapest way to get gains and a reliable engine.

I'm not that handy with the spanner, unfortunately!

Do you know of anyone who has gone from the GTs to 438s on the same car, with a before and after printout (extremely hopeful, I know!)?

For me, it's hard to compare the various gains without seeing graphs... I wouldn't be choosing the GT cams for the money saving, it's just trying to gauge fact from opinion when looking at X and Y on this site (obviously well founded opinions are respected).

and didn't your car beat throttle bodied clios at the sprints?

I driven his car and tbh was impressed with how it pulled through out the rev range, it honestley felt quicker than my car empty, and that was with all his gear in and 2 spare wheels in the back, I'm running a TDF ecu and S2000 single throttle on a standard engine, but we may be able to compare 438's next year as I'll be going for these as a stop gap next season after Dan has fitted my box and diff next week.
You need to have a go in cars with the mods your thinking of so you can at least have an idea of how they perform.

Regards Russ....