ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

MY10 R35 GTR
Not strictly a demo, it's Time Trials primarily aimed at GT Acadamy. Different track, Different Cars. Slight mod's to handling, but it's difficult to notice really. Need a wheel etc.

I am seriously debating going to Forza next year :(

Need to look at the settings, never spent much time on it. But the game really lacks feel imo.

ivr for forza3 and tbh mate they both feel completely differerent. I love the xbox controller, its pretty well suited for driving games. The Ps3 one not so much.

Sony need to up there game with on.ine play though to get anywhere near forza standards

Last edited:
  PH1 iceburg
The GT academy is not good at all the whole driving experience lacks the feel and sensitivity that you get in forza.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Sony need to up there game with on.ine play though to get anywhere near forza standards

Maybe thats why Sony are thinking about adding Subscriptions to the PSN?.....

I haven't played a GT game since GT3 way back on the PS2 and by the sounds of, it hasn't really changed much, apart from graphics????....

Forza's good enough for me tbh :approve:!.

MY10 R35 GTR
Maybe thats why Sony are thinking about adding Subscriptions to the PSN?.....

I haven't played a GT game since GT3 way back on the PS2 and by the sounds of, it hasn't really changed much, apart from graphics????....

Forza's good enough for me tbh :approve:!.

aye hopefully. I dont mind paying for online aslong as its worth its. And live imo is very much worth it. Especially now with the sky played etc etc

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
The GT academy is not good at all the whole driving experience lacks the feel and sensitivity that you get in forza.

seriously? i cant even get near the top times as the back end steps out forza's too sensitive imo

Still feels like your driving on an ice skating rink, the cars don't sound raw enough and the annoying tyre screeching is still there :dapprove:

The graphics look nice though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I played this today on a mate's machine.

Shocking. Really.

The cars are no prettier than in F3, and the scenery is actually far worse. :S

Then the physics. Oh, the physics...

All the cars understeer, regardless of drivetrain, and when you do overstep the limit, they snap into oversteer so fast that you can't correct it. Dog sh*t.

No feeling of weight transfer. No feel of the tyres' grip. No fun. And the sound is still really bad.

I was using this game as a reason to buy another PS3 next year, but based on this, I honestly think i'll pass. As a GT fanboy of old, I'm gutted.

MY10 R35 GTR

Shocking. Really.

All the cars understeer, regardless of drivetrain, and when you do overstep the limit, they snap into oversteer so fast that you can't correct it. Dog sh*t.

No feeling of weight transfer. No feel of the tyres' grip. No fun. And the sound is still really bad.

I was using this game as a reason to buy another PS3 next year, but based on this, I honestly think i'll pass. As a GT fanboy of old, I'm gutted.

+1

im loving forza though. Found a site to do some proper full on racing in a championship. And Im doing ok at it. Some of the really quick guys spend weeks doing setups etc

Nippy white cup
seriously? i cant even get near the top times as the back end steps out forza's too sensitive imo

TBH I love the stepping out especially under braking when the car is unsettled...having to apply a little opposite lock just to keep the car straight after braking whist turning slightly makes it for me and 'feels' very real imo at least

Chris

Facelift R53 Cooper S
HELLO!

Its not meant to be a game, its just a time trial challenge

But i must admit it is crap lol, Like everyone has said its like driving on a skating rink

and if a 370Z handled anything like that in real life i predict Nissan would sell about 3 of them lol

Having said that my best time in the tuned car is only 1:46 :(

The top guy inthe UK is using a steering wheel and has 1:36!!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
lol at all the fanboys on gtplanet defending this to the hilt!! things like : physics are awesome and tyres sound real....... lol they are some deluded retards on that site!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep. Our races are soooooo close.

Mike, you're finding it difficult because you're used to that GT5 sh*te. Give it some time to adjust. Do you have a 360 now? Seen the light?

Octy VRS

Shocking. Really.

What, Prologue? I agree the physics are shite on that, just hoping they sort it for the full release. With the time it's taking they should do.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, and they've not improved on this new "Time Trial" download.

I really want it to be good. I want to like GT again. :(

1998 BMW e46 323i
Anyone got issues with sound via optical. I have just on this demo. Weird. Does look poo tho, and at around 200Mb I'm not surprised.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i havent played forza 3 yet, still rocking forza2 and even that seems so much more playable, the cars have so much more feel, you can really feel the charcteristic of each car especially with regards to upgrading and tuning them and making sure you dont put too much power into a car that cant handle it, i have got an old school 240sx which is setup perfectly and i love the fact you can either race it in grip or drift as it nicely balanced. you cant do this on GT, trying to drift on it is like trying to wrestle a slimey eel, it just wriggles all over the place. i know this is only a demo, i just hope that the 370z happens to be a crap car in the game and the other cars can actually handle. Also i hope that sort out the sensitivity of the controls so i dont need to go and buy a £60 steering wheel to be able to actually play the thing.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i havent played forza 3 yet, still rocking forza2 and even that seems so much more playable, the cars have so much more feel, you can really feel the charcteristic of each car especially with regards to upgrading and tuning them and making sure you dont put too much power into a car that cant handle it, i have got an old school 240sx which is setup perfectly and i love the fact you can either race it in grip or drift as it nicely balanced. you cant do this on GT, trying to drift on it is like trying to wrestle a slimey eel, it just wriggles all over the place. i know this is only a demo, i just hope that the 370z happens to be a crap car in the game and the other cars can actually handle. Also i hope that sort out the sensitivity of the controls so i dont need to go and buy a £60 steering wheel to be able to actually play the thing.

Buy Forza 3 mate. You'll be shocked at how much better it feels.

Buy Forza 3 mate. You'll be shocked at how much better it feels.

Having tried a few racers since playing Forza 3 a lot, I'm amazed at how dull other games feel now. It may not be strictly 'simulation', but whatever they've done makes driving with a pad feel completely natural, and you get similar characteristics to what you would expect in real life...the smaller slower cars in particular (such as the 500 Abarth) feel superb on the limit, a real squirmy handful when you push too hard, but rarely beyond the point of clawing it back.

Replicating driving exactly is never going to work as you just don't get the feedback or sensations on a console (even with a wheel), but building something that feels like you're driving a real car is something completely different - and something that Forza 3 manages quite nicely imo.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I don't think i'll be buying this anyways... I will probably be getting Forza. A great expense for one thing, but then it's was partly why I bought my PS3 on release day as the game was due about 2 weeks after.

Golf R/Leon FR
just d'loaded the demo thing, absolute horse piss!

handling is nothing like a car, awful sound effects! forza owns imo

PH1 iceburg
1.39.3. Im currently 572nd

Been watching the leaders lap and they must have some serious logitech set up. He is downshifting and over reving, so is able to use engine breaking more. everyone else bounces off the limiter.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
my best is 1:40 its blatantly set up for the steering wheel, unless you can do it under 1:39 with the pad, i must have the touch of a rapist

I haven't played this but have no doubt that a 200meg file isn't going to come close to Forza 3. Everyone is saying its crap. Perhaps its unfair to compare them but SOny must expect comparisons.

So why are IGN (UK) who hate the PS3 more than Christopher praising it from the rooftops???!!!

Polyphony has outdone itself

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1056254p1.html

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
thats the only positive review i have ever seen of it so far....Rightly so imo, after all the years developing it....

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Having tried a few racers since playing Forza 3 a lot, I'm amazed at how dull other games feel now. It may not be strictly 'simulation', but whatever they've done makes driving with a pad feel completely natural, and you get similar characteristics to what you would expect in real life...the smaller slower cars in particular (such as the 500 Abarth) feel superb on the limit, a real squirmy handful when you push too hard, but rarely beyond the point of clawing it back.

Replicating driving exactly is never going to work as you just don't get the feedback or sensations on a console (even with a wheel), but building something that feels like you're driving a real car is something completely different - and something that Forza 3 manages quite nicely imo.

Exactly my thoughts.

I don't think i'll be buying this anyways... I will probably be getting Forza. A great expense for one thing, but then it's was partly why I bought my PS3 on release day as the game was due about 2 weeks after.

If you get one, our races are awesome. Much better than the single player, and even that is awesome.

God that new demo is dull as dishwater. A hundred years in the making, and it feels nothing like driving a car. How could they get it so wrong? GT5 is dead for me. Definitely won't be buying it.

Which reminds me, I still need to buy Forza 3 :eek:

God that new demo is dull as dishwater. A hundred years in the making, and it feels nothing like driving a car. How could they get it so wrong? GT5 is dead for me. Definitely won't be buying it.

Which reminds me, I still need to buy Forza 3 :eek:

can get forza 3 for 24.99 now