ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

i played it last night and i was gutted, really.

i love GT and always have but it was horrible, defo not worth playng unless you have a wheel. went on grid straight after, well i quit GT and went on grid and revelled in the physics and fun in that game

im being drawn to that xboxmastersystem thingy :(

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Question for the people that have played the new demo and Prologue...

Has GT5 got worse from Prologue?, or is it the same to Prologue?. Just wondering how PD could get it wrong tbh :(!.

a burnt one
Can't see much wrong with it myself, it's a console game, it's never gonna feel like you're strapped into a car taking a corner at the absolute limit.

People are taking criticism a bit far IMO, its one car and one track.

Can't see much wrong with it myself, it's a console game, it's never gonna feel like you're strapped into a car taking a corner at the absolute limit.

People are taking criticism a bit far IMO, its one car and one track.

Forza is also a console game.

I think people are misunderstanding this, academy is a 200 meg file loosly based on prologue it isn't related to GT5.

Now GT5 may well be poor but until we play it OR play a demo of it perhaps we should reserve judgement.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
thing is with academy is the car physics are set to professional and cant be changed to normal like in prologue. imo in professional mode the car handles like s**t and are so unforgiving, alot easier when in normal mode. and academy doesn't get any better with a wheel either:( i have faith that they will get the full game just right tho....

Yes, a full console game, not a 5 minute download with various cars, tracks and options to enable the car to handle better.

Fair enough if that's your thoughts. However, the demo of Forza 3 came complete with brilliant handling. That's because the game is coded with brilliant handling. GT5 Academy doesn't have brilliant handling because GT5 isn't coded with brilliant handling.

All IMO of course. Time will tell. Eventually. Probably :D

Either way, GT5 will have its fans no matter how good or bad the driving model is.

^^Forza demo was nigh on 2 gigs iirc???? Ten times the size of academy which is NOT a GT5 demo.

We will have to wait until next year to play GT5 or a GT5 demo.

Nippy white cup
I think the prob is PD have said that it isn't an indication of the full GT5 but just a display of the much improved physics engine. I haven't played it but by all accounts the handling isn't great which isn't good for something made for that reason. 200mb is a tiny amount to give you but they have lowered the quality of the gfx to allow the handling to shine through...oops

Chris

I think the prob is PD have said that it isn't an indication of the full GT5 but just a display of the much improved physics engine. I haven't played it but by all accounts the handling isn't great which isn't good for something made for that reason. 200mb is a tiny amount to give you but they have lowered the quality of the gfx to allow the handling to shine through...oops

Chris
If this latest demo is meant to showcase the much improved physics and handling, then they're really in trouble.

^^Forza demo was nigh on 2 gigs iirc???? Ten times the size of academy which is NOT a GT5 demo.

We will have to wait until next year to play GT5 or a GT5 demo.

That hadn't crossed my mind but, are you suggesting they left some of the handling out of Academy in order to make it smaller? Content, yes. Source code, no.

It's a time trial. Limited content, and they left out some of the handling to make it a smaller download lol.

when they choose graphics over handling it says it all :mad:

this is a total let down, this was the only reason i got the ps3 and its turned into a pile of shite - this game was the key to the ps3 and this is why the ps3 has still not made a profit in any kind for sony and why its a huge fail and will probably be the last PS

It was sarcasm. They didn't choose graphics over handling. The handling of GT5 just sucks. Or at least it has done in both Prologue and Academy. Apparently the final game will be different lol.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I actually cannot comprehend how they can take SO long developing a game for it to be so poor! I want to believe they have somehow downscaled the quality as a red herring!

As said, this is THE flagship title for the PS3 and it looks like they've cocked up royally. I'm starting to think it truly is the Piss3.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I actually cannot comprehend how they can take SO long developing a game for it to be so poor! I want to believe they have somehow downscaled the quality as a red herring!

As said, this is THE flagship title for the PS3 and it looks like they've c**ked up royally. I'm starting to think it truly is the Piss3.

Yup. Seriously, buy an Elite and Forza. The races we have on there are pretty unbeatable, in terms of an online experience.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm tempted mate but it seems like a whole load of ball ache for the limited amount of gaming I do. I watch far more Bluray's than I play games, so it wouldn't really make sense.

However, it's shocking.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I was very disapointed with the handling on academy a 270z understeering at 30 mph, lol far from realistic it's absolutely unrealistic. Hopefully they can sort something on online gaming as nsfw shift is stupid, people just crash into ya, bullshit.

Renault Clio 16v
I was very disapointed with the handling on academy a 270z understeering at 30 mph, lol far from realistic it's absolutely unrealistic. Hopefully they can sort something on online gaming as nsfw shift is stupid, people just crash into ya, bulls**t.

Yeah hopefully something like a throttle cut for 5 seconds like in the S class races on Prologue

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Does any1 else think games are getting rushed out, there all full of glitches and the online setup is shite on some games nsfw shift is really bad.

MY10 R35 GTR
lol there defo no rushing out with GT5 hahaha

would say games get rushed out, but its not untill the games are out and ppl are playing them online that unforseen things can be dealt with

TT 225+
really hope that PD sort it before release, sounds gash (from what i've read) and this is basically why i bought the ps3 for the exclusivity of GT5, although forza seems immense tbh

Last edited:
^^I've just had more fun in a Fiesta and Fiat 500 in FM3 than I've had in GT5 Prologue or Academy. GT5 just seems to be missing something from the driving model. Ignoring anything else, it just doesn't feel like driving a car. FM3 does.

There is a hope that GT5 will improve in this area before release, but I think we all know that it will not. IMO it'll remain the same squealing, understeering mess that we've seen in Prologue. It always feels about waiting. Wait. Wait. Wait. Squeal. Wait. Wait. Power!

The GT5 fanboys will never admit that it ever had any failings anyway. I hope it's a successful game but I won't be buying it. FM3 will provide all of my 2010 driving game thrills.

Last edited:
  Nippy white cup
Spot on Roy....The best way to demonstrate it is take a big saloon like the M5 or similar our as std then go out in the 240 Exige....the feeling of weight in the M5 then the immense grip and lightweight in the exige is amazing

Chris

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Absolutely. These 3 disc's probably won't come cheap either... in which case, I'm definetly buying an Xbox. Expensive though it is for sake of it.