ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Found a quote:
"Engine sound has been improved from Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, but surprisingly, the game does not run at 60 frames per second at all times. In certain conditions, Yamauchi admitted, when heavy technical effects pile up on one another the frame rate will drop a bit. For example, in a race when there are fifteen cars kicking up dust in front of the player, the game may experience some skipping. That sounds like a fairly common condition for players to be in, however, so I’m curious to see how players take to this unsatisfactory blip in what seems to be an otherwise flawlessly realistic racing game."

CS races are fucked!

Lee

BMW M2C
It will sell like hot cakes because of the name attached to it.

If this was called something else, then the sales figures would be minute.

Mine is still on pre order, but I have no idea why. I think it's most likely fond memories, and a feeling I want to relive. I put days worth of play in to 4.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
Yeah, id hate to think a software studio would release a buggy piece of software for consumers to beta test.......

I'll play butters copy, f**k ordering it to find it's buggy, bad physics and as dull as GT5p!

I don't have the cash to waste on something that will gather dust.

DCi
i'm going to play forza and GT5 with a pad not a wheel so for me they are both going to be as arcade as each other.... if i want a proper sim i'll get my wheel hooked up to my PC and play GTR2/Legends.

it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other and I think both games are going to be enjoyable, but never really sims.

Ph 1 172
well this was the only reason i was keeping my ps3 underneath my telly gathering dust but, im going to sell up now i think the ps3 has turned into a rather big flop games wise. (in my eyes anyways) the only decent games it has are not even exclusives anymore, GT5 being propbably the last of the best. if they had managed to keep f1 games and final fantasy and metal gear solid i would have kept the ps3 but im going to sell up stick to forza 3, and buy ff13 and the f1 game on my 360. such a shame ps3 the new sega saturn (kind of lol)

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
i'm going to play forza and GT5 with a pad not a wheel so for me they are both going to be as arcade as each other.... if i want a proper sim i'll get my wheel hooked up to my PC and play GTR2/Legends.

it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other and I think both games are going to be enjoyable, but never really sims.

Agreed...Id love to see GTR2 come to the XBOX.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm not buying it straight off, I'll wait to see how much of a flop it is first.

Let me know what you think guys ;)

I'm not buying it straight off, I'll wait to see how much of a flop it is first.

Let me know what you think guys ;)

Well it won't be a sales flop GT5p has outsold both Forza 2 and Forza 3

I have had it on pre order for years and am more than willing to post on here that its utter shite, before I do that however I will play it unlike 90% of people on this thread who have already declared it shite without loading it in!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It'll sell brilliantly. All the 14 year olds who have never driven a car will love it.

Everyone else will feel rather short changed.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nah, since the last few videos I've decided against it. Well, that and the fact there's too many games coming out in quick succession that all look infinitely better than GT5.

Lee

BMW M2C
The course maker looks nicely done. I'll never use it of course, but it does look very user friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm with Chris tbh, there are so many games coming out over the next few months, if this turns out to be pap (its looking that way) then I won't be bothering with it (normally I'd probably have bought it anyway)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I would. Cancelled mine the other week after seeing the 'drifting' videos. LOL.

To simulate drifting, you first need to simulate grip.

Gran Turismo 5
The Real Skid Pan Simulator

Mito Sportiva 135
It IS the new Duke Nukem Forever!!! Well looks like it might even miss the Christmas release now, and what with Black Ops coming out anyway maybe not a bad thing.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
FLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

Lee, you're in the industry. Please could you offer an opinion on how a game's development could possibly stay afloat for so long? Maybe income from Prologue helps fund it, but I doubt that.