ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Listerine & Poledo
Struggling like hell to go from level 36 -40 on a and b spec.

On-line events are your friend.

especially if you go for something like... I dunno... "Japanese 80's 1600cc challenge" wheer you can get a car for about 20 quid but get 300,000 per win and a chunk of XP

Audi TT 225 Quattro
yep well impressed so far. Spa is Stunning, really does look good. The track itself to race on is epic, been having some brilliant races in the RX-7 TC online tonight:D

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_5.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_4.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_2.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps.jpg

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Will download new content tonight probably.

Struggling like hell to go from level 36 -40 on a and b spec.

Going from level 35-40 requires something like 24 million XP points:mad: thats the same amount as it takes to go from lv 0-35 lol. Ive been playing pretty much weekly since release and am on level 36 A-spec and 36 B-spec. I dont really bother with B-spec anymore as i have got everything you can get from it so no real need unless im going for 100% complete rate.

Since spec 2 they have changed the reward for consecutive daily logins and after 5 days you now get 200% rewards all on all payouts xp and cr's so will help leveling up a little. they have also bumped up the online rewards by 60% so as goodj says thats your best bet for now without grinding the arse of seasonals etc .

Clio 200 Raider
really enjoying it too. just come off it, been doing shuffle races in the wet with the "real" grip setting. everyone was going off all over the shop on eau rouge. spa really is great fun. manual gears all aids off and the gt wheel really transforms the game. thought the cars would be a let down but all really nice to drive. Just wish they included day/night transition on spa aswell as the rain.

GW RS200
Just bought my track pack, waited up 3 f*cking hours for updates to install. Can't find Spa? Who the hell do you actually race/try it offline?! Someone help me out, I'm going nuts!!

Clio 172 Cup
Anyone else's PS3 taking ages to load courses up after the update?

Got the game installed, but still takes a good 20-30 seconds just to load the names up before the race. Pre race screen.

Clio 172 Cup
Noticed to my car on rolling start, is over taking the others before I even have control! Ha. Give me Forza 4 any day!

PH1 iceburg
Just got level 40 on b spec, now to attemp a spec. Currently on level 36.

Seasonal events are to have b spec as well now.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Yeah i noticed the other day you were on lv 40 now:p made me pull my finger out and get bob back to work lol , 0n 37 at the min....

A-spec im about to be level 38, i did the 4hour Nurburgring endurance event the other day for the 1st time and loved every second of it, ( its the best a-spec race in the game imo ). i use the E90 M3 so i didn't over power the competition and had a very good race with the R8 lms and S2000 gt1 turbo for most of the time and in the end had a 20 sec lead on the car after 28 laps...
for doing the event you get just over 4 Million A-spec exp points so well worth doing.

also done the indy 500 which was boring as hell compared to the ring event but needed to get it done. 1000km's of suzuka next i think:cry:

they done another small update as well, 1 of the things they have done is to open up the X2 option when taking pics in race mode, they take about 3-4 mins to process but look unbelievable once done...
NrburgringNordschleife_2-3.jpg

Audi TT 225 Quattro
yep they come out looking stunning but unfortunately this forum forces the pictures to be a resolution of 800 x 450 down from the original 3840 x 2160 so a lot of detail is lost in the process, for example you can hardly make out the 2 aerials on the gt40 or the carbon fiber weave on the body but i suppose you can see how they look better than pics done in X1 mode like the ones posted above.....

Also lots more DLC is on the way, no confirmed date but is confirmed to be coming along with what is already released....

I did PMSL myself at that video. there's loads of others like it. Awesome physics engine. No wonder the handling and crash damage is so realistic.

FPMSL!

Last edited by a moderator:

AK

M240i
I did PMSL myself at that video. there's loads of others like it. Awesome physics engine. No wonder the handling and crash damage is so realistic.

FPMSL!

That's not GT5, Shirley?

That's mental!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i would rather the car was still able to drive after crashing, you'd get pissed off otherwise. The vid you have posted were in a-spec mode where damage is very light to non existent , when in on-line mode depending on how the host has set the damage it can be made to be impossible to drive after a heavy smash/ flip etc. Instead of posting the same vids that are no doubt buried in this thread how about something like this to show the good side of the game ;)

FYI the damage is not in question with these latest vids. It's the comedy physics. I often wonder if this game is actual comedy. In other words designed for actual lols. In this day and age, it's SO far behind what is possible, that one simply has to PMSL at it. It's not like they even have the time excuse, as 80% of the cars are from 1995. LOL!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
There are plenty of comparison vids on you tube if you want to hear one with sound but im pretty sure we all know how GT5 sounds....

You think the physics are a joke by looking at a vid of a car hitting the edge of an obstacle at 100mph+ then flipping ? what do you expect to happen? ok so it lands on all 4 wheels in the vid you posted but that is not always the case, sometimes it will land on its roof/side etc but will restart on all 4. as i put above i personally would get pissed off if after the crash i couldn't continue, this happens on-line at times and gets on my nerves as the wheel will start vibrating like mad or only steer a certain way , will be stuck on full lock or the car will have no power at all depending on how you crashed.

The physics concerning the cars and how they react is also pretty spot on, you can clearly see other cars diving under hard braking, wheels moving up and down in the arches when going over bumps and cars becoming unstable from riding the kurbs as they do in reality.

So far behind whats possible ... for a console racing game on a steering wheel its pretty much as good as it gets for now. Few pc sims may drive better if thats you thing but then we all know how much they cost for a decent system.

Last edited:
You did watch the videos. Right?

What do I expect to happen? I don't expect a car to spin around on its nose like a coin for half an hour, and then strangely roll around in zero gravity, before landing back on its wheels and driving off, sounding like a sewing machine. Maybe my standards are too high? lol

Anyway yeah. You like the game. That's cool, but it's still s**t.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
the thing is, it just does not look anything like that zonda clip in game... thats from a replay where its running high LOD cars and only running at 30fps to accomodate.

it looks exactly the same when playing the game no enhanced lod , just taken from a further back view to include the driver in the clip. vids of spa few pages back show this. it also runs at 60fps pretty much constant.

Roy : ok so the cars landing back on all 4's is such a bad thing that i'll stop playing it straight away :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Thought I'd give this another go this afternoon, after a half dozen occasions of the game freezing I switched my PS3 off again.

Still, nice to blow the cobwebs away, innit?

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Selective reading FTW. Anyway. Yeah. GT5. lol.

i read everything you wrote. The cars hit the same obstacle and flip, spinning in the air for 10secs and then landing on all 4. ok may not have the best collision detection when spinning but its a very small part of the game you seem to be focusing on.

As you think its SO far behind whats possible today i would love to see some vids of games you seem to think do it better.

Also its getting boring as hell reading the same old s**t about the game, its been out a year now and everyone who still plays it knows its strengths and weaknesses. they are well documented in this thread lol.

My point is that the handling is rubbish. The physics engine is revealed as being complete crap in the videos that have been posted, so it's pretty clear why the handling is so pathetic. You want me to post videos of racing games that have amazing handling? I could, but it's a fairly long list, and doesn't include anything on PS3.

Anyway, round in circles etc. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
it looks exactly the same when playing the game no enhanced lod , just taken from a further back view to include the driver in the clip. vids of spa few pages back show this. it also runs at 60fps pretty much constant.

Roy : ok so the cars landing back on all 4's is such a bad thing that i'll stop playing it straight away :)

Ok I take that back, the internal and hood views in replays are the same but the cam views are higher LOD and add post processing effects.. Oh and as for constant 60 fps... That's something gt5 can only dream of even ingame... It never really gets above 50 and dips below 30 often when there are particle effects etc on screen. Have a look at the framerate analysis videos on YouTube.