ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H/U engine noise

OK, I thought I was pretty good with ICE stuff. But no Im not.:cry:

Ive just spent loads of hard-earned cash on a gorgeous Alpine CD head unit with 3sets of RCA outputs. Ive got fronts, rears and Sub. The all go straight into my 6 channel Amp which Ive had for donkeys years. But it seems to pick up interference from the engine.

I can hear the engine revs in the form of a whistle through the speakers, which at first I thought was cool cos I could gag my mates into thinking ive gotta turbo! But now its annoying and I have to turn the stereo up quite loud to hear it OK.

I bought radio supressed performance sparky leads, but these havent helped. It didnt happen on my old unit cos it only used RCA for the rear, which I split 3 times for the front/rear/sub channels. But what I cant understand is its essentially the same setup from the amp - the only difference is the h/u and 3 RCA cables running down the car.

If I put the old H/U back in - its fine again. It happens anytime the amp is on (with the volume muted or CD paused it still comes thru).

Any ideas? after having paid so much for a CD head Im kwuite annoyed!

Skoda Fabia vRS

call your local ice place mate, they will be able to sell you something to stop it doing it, its some kind of interference supressor, even Halfords sell em

have ypu run the rcas next to the power wire? if no then check the earth on the amp and make sure you have a clean earth.

Luke

clio 20v

ive had this prob before it will prob be ypur rca,s picking up interferance from a power wire, otherwise bad earth

run leads as far away from eachother as possible (even behind headunit try to keep wires seperate) keep the wires as straight as poss dont wrap them round each other

Ok having done the above I still got it.

I bought a ground loop isolater, for 16 more pounds, and this seems to have mostly solvved the problem. its not totally gone, but as good as!

Another happy customer - cheers guys!

Audi S3 225

It’s the earth m8, i had the exact problem. I have 2 amps and they were both earthed at the same place with no problems then I moved one of the amps and the earth didn’t reach were it was originally so I made a new place for the earth and the noise started. I moved the earth back to the original places and the noise had gone.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

I had same prob as well. fekin annoying too! But its down to 2 things...the ground is not very good, or your gettin a loop somewhere. Since uve got a ground loop isolator, that shoudve solved the problem, if not then its ur earth connection

Hon

Nissan R35 GT-R

As said before, if you have run the RCA leads away from any power leads then the earth is the source of the problem. You need a common earth - meaning that every amp earths to the same point on the cars chassis.

If this does not work consider making the common earth the - terminal on the battery.

Hope this helps.

Laurence