ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

had a play with gti 180!!

106 GTi
Doesnt look like a 180 lump to me either - but have never seen on with all the covers off.

BMW 330d :)
According to evo the 206 180 is close to the 172/182 to 60 but loses exactly a second by the time it gets to 100. Its nearly 100kg heavier than the 172 cup and only gets 3 and a half stars compared to 4 and a half - five for the 172/182's. The verdict according to evo of the 180:- "Looks the part-Looks can be deceiving". - Oh dear..... ;)

16vturbolee

i had a 106 gti that beat 180s my old sales manager had one as a demo when i was at pug so the 172/182 should leave it for dust

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I've never had the chance to race a 180 but if that opportunity did arise, i think i would be the more confident out of the two!

Tyson.

FF Arctic Blue 182
I test drove a 206 GTi 180 before the 182, as I was coming out of a 106 GTi I wasn't that impressed. It didn't seem to pull that good upto 60? Those seats tho, droooool.

mk1 phase 3
Rich said:
Doesnt look like a 180 lump to me either - but have never seen on with all the covers off.

yeah sorry forgot to say these are only progress pics.

he's finished it all now, ill get some more pics.

he took me out in it the other day!

it'll be on the track at french car show keep your eyes peeled!

106 GTi
I have only ever seen the 180 lumps with the silver plastic cover on the top of the rocker cover.

Was suprised to see underneath that head looks just like the 16V XU head on my old 306 Xsi.

He has managed to get it to run ok then, when they first came a lot of the Pug lot reckoned as it came from a multiplexed wired car it would be a pain, plus the engine is so tall you have to mount it quite low. Will keep an eye out at the FCS.

PEUGEOT 206 GTI 180
you sure thats a 180 engine! the 180 doesn't have plug leads but has its own seperate coils for the spark plugs and the head looks diffrent to mine :S

fair play if it is! i know peugeot had trouble getting that engine to run sweetly in the 206 never mind a 205 bay!

106 GTi
I must admit it didnt look like a 180 lump to me. I overlooked the coils due to the fact its not running the standard injection anymore.

PEUGEOT 206 GTI 180
true unless its running standard gti ignition? but the gti loom and conections would not fit a 180 engine there's hell of a diffrence between the two engine's electronicly. Here's a few snaps of my 180 lump

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
all that would have been scrapped running carbs,shame its not on throttle bodies as i always think its going back in time removing injection(accurate fuelling)for carbs but i guess that was the get around the wiring

106 GTi
Would have been intresting on bodies, bet it sounds good on carbs. You can see its the same head with all those covers off in the 180 pics.

mk1 phase 3
yep, definately a 180, he had it in a 306 before. which was at french car show last year..which he also put a vts engine in before the 180!!
heres the 306

4043.gif

1768.gif

1543.gif

he has had to change a fair bit of stuff i think to wedge it in, lots of custom welding and piping. had the engine in and out a couple of times b4 he was happy with it. he keeps begging me to put a 5turbo engine in mine! he loves engine swaps!!!

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
The gti 180s are s**t slow compared to my 182 cup as I did one last week on the bingley by pass lol

insignia
After driving the Pug 180;

nice seats
there is no surge of power anywhere in the rev range.seriously,it amazed me how slow it felt compared to the 172/182,there is just no transformation when you want to go fast it just boringly drives,and feels alot slower,and that suspension is terrible-it sits far too high and you can feel every bump.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
mates got one, both good drivers(im a touch better tho :rasp: ) used to beat me when i had the vtr and pull away as soon as 2nd gear went in but now i have a mk2 ph1 172 its another story :D clio 1- 206- 0 hav it! i do agree its not a slow car and make any mistake and it will pass u!

RB 200 Cup!
I beat one off the lights the other week - he thought i had a 182 cup cos i got anthracites on my dynamique - he was revving furiously while i just sat there cos i knew id have no chance against him and as the lights went amber......he stalled - whilst i pootled off into the distance and got lost in the traffic - what a prick! lol

Honda Civic Type R
well done on your win mate but the gti 180 is poo. that is one car i am happy to **** off. it's not nearly upto the standard of clio's. peugeot seem to have gone down hill given the fact that the 205gti and the 106 & 306 gti were so good. they were among the best around in there era. the 206 was a let down definitley