ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had cup 1 month, banned already!

Saturday afternoon, turned on to an empty dual carriage way (that happened to have a 40mph limit) and i floored it and out came the little man in his yellow coat from behind a post and stopped me!!!

79mph!!!!!!!!! And still going he said. Gutted, first time i have ever been pulled for speeding. He said it will be a definate ban, as it is for 20mph over the limit and i was 40mph over.

Sorry officer the cup is so fast!!!!!!! lol

Anyone been banned, any idea how long im looking at??

6 months......12 months, it depends on the circumstances.

But remember you DID break the national speed limit in a 40 m.p.h. zone.

I would take your car off you untill you learned to drive it properly. ;)

But of course you know how to do that ....dont you?

Yeah, he said its like 7day to 28day ban for 20mph over.

Of course i can drive it properly mate, i was just showing one of my mates my Cup on a quiet road. I know i shouldnt go that fast, and im gutted. Did think dual carriage ways were 60mph when no houses or not alot of chance of people walking around??

Wont have to take the car of me, if i get banned for 6 to 12mths i will have to sell!!!!!!!!

So you were clocked at 79mph in a 40? thats 39 over the limit. You are looking at a ban.

How long depends on the Magistrate, they might want to make an example of you. At best your looking at 6 points IMO.

As for "Avoiding" the ban, getting your work to write a nice letter, is a good start. Having a "dependent" that would suffer if you lost your license is a better reason.

Most Dual Carriage Ways are 60, but not all A30 nr Staines is a 40/30! So you have to check for Road Signs.

don't

unlucky m8, was in same circumstances as u, doing about that speed down empty dual carriageway on hill going downwards

policeman jumps out from hiding behind a sign with a radar gun, i slam brakes on and he shouts sumin at me, i drive off, oops :) didnt hear what he said

that was over a month ago now and not heard anything yet so hopefully they didnt get my plate

u got any previous points?? how long u had licence???

I should of just carried on going!!!

I have had my licence 6 years and already got 6 points for one offence and they are due to come off next August!!

Had a word with my Director think he might be writing me a fancy letter to say i need my licence but then i might face a big fine!

just to say if you are on a dual carrageway with a central reservation and it has the national speed limit sign, it is 70mph unless stated other wise! not 60mph!

single carrageways with national speed limit it is 60mph unless other wise stated!

this does not mean u have to do these speeds if the road does not seem suitiable but to be perfectly onest i havent come accross a national speed limit country lane that i couldnt get 60mph lol!

there has been long and heathy debates about this in the past and u will find i am correct :D

dk

911 GTS Cab

you get an automatic ban for 30mph over the limit, so 60 in a 30, 100 on a motorway etc

If it is below 70mph it will be clearly marked as such, so there is no excuses.

Halter is right, no need to get into the 60/70 debate here :)

For the record, Ive had a Mobile/Camera pointed at me a few times and not received a letter. Last time was in October 2003 so unless theres a severe backlog Im in the clear.

Someone has suggested doing a "Safe" Driving course as soon as possible but that was after an accident, it might help to look it up. It cant hurt to do such a course voluntarily and have that on your record. The "Repentant" Man thats learned his lesson is a better image for the magistrate.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by h3lter on 31 August 2004

just to say if you are on a dual carrageway with a central reservation and it has the national speed limit sign, it is 70mph unless stated other wise! not 60mph!

single carrageways with national speed limit it is 60mph unless other wise stated!

this does not mean u have to do these speeds if the road does not seem suitiable but to be perfectly onest i havent come accross a national speed limit country lane that i couldnt get 60mph lol!

there has been long and heathy debates about this in the past and u will find i am correct :D
Ive been arguing that with my mates for ages 100% 1st time on my theory test suggest Im right and 5 attempts for each of them says theyre wrong!

They all think its 60mph unless its a motorway like the M25 with more than 2 lanes!

Nob jockeys!

I cant believe my Cup will have to go if i get banned i love it!!

Buts whats the point in paying a loan, and insurance for me to walk past it to the tram stop everyday

Suppose i could just save for a V6 then. LOL!!!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

jonny thats rubbish mate. I just got a notice of prosecution for 91 in a 70. Thats 21mph over the limit and I just got a fixed penalty.

this 60/70 thing is a pain in the butt .. so is the 2 units per pint thing .. soooo many reckon 1 pint is one unit.

Getting banned isnt really something to shout about on a public forum such as this !! you never know who is looking .. your boss maybe?? or at least someone who knows your boss/folks or someone doubly important .. there are way too many sad fuks out there who have nothing in thier lives and would take great pleasure in grassing you up given the chance !!

My recommendation is delete this thread .. then when you get your ban .. which is looking likely for DOUBLE the speed limit , take a holiday and if you aint got any left throw a sikkie !!

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 31 August 2004
jonny thats rubbish mate. I just got a notice of prosecution for 91 in a 70. Thats 21mph over the limit and I just got a fixed penalty.

I got caught doing 94 on the M62 a few years ago and got off with 3 points and a £40 fine. Shouldve been a lot more, maybe because I was courteous and polite to the policeman and admitted there was no excuse for driving that fast.

if you had been caught doing 96 then you would have got an automatic court summons as contrarary to peoples beliefs.. you get banned at 96 in a 70 not 100 !!

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 31 August 2004

you get an automatic ban for 30mph over the limit, so 60 in a 30, 100 on a motorway etc
I got clocked doing Mph63 in a 30 zone.....got 6 points and a £245 fine. went to court expecting a ban as that what the copper who pulled me said i was looking at.came away kinda half smiling

Ok say i got 6 points, and i already have 6 points does that mean i lose my licence or allowed 12 points on it then anything after that you lose it???????

Yaris Hybrid

Saturday afternoon is not the time to show off you Cup as the cops are all bored sick with nothing better to do....

Best time is after leaving the pub (not drinking of course) on a Friday or Saturday night. Around midnight on those days all the cops are very busy in town trying to stop the morons from glassing eachother to death so quiet dual carriageways are pretty safe.

God!!! Im so pi55ed off with myself

You all have been helpful, made me a little scared though but i have to wait about 6 weeks for my court case date so i have the pleasure of the Cup for at least that long!

Might aswell get insured on my Dads G reg 1.2 Renault 5 then its pretty much impossible to break any speed limits!!!

Remapped derv Golf

I got 3 an SP30 for 51 on a D/C in my VTR. Losing to some t**ser in an American V8 van thing at the time. Of course they never saw him.

Some young copper to! First nick I reckon. Pity I towered at least a foot over him.

Clio

gutted for u mate

ive always said if i had a cup id be back in court quiker than i would need a new tank of fuel :confused:

2004 1.2 Dynamique

Quote: Originally posted by Red Clio 52 on 31 August 2004

6 months......12 months, it depends on the circumstances.

But remember you DID break the national speed limit in a 40 m.p.h. zone.

I would take your car off you untill you learned to drive it properly. ;)

But of course you know how to do that ....dont you?

yea take it off him and give it to me

i have heard about a book that has ways in which you can get these sort of things thrown out of court. do a search on google. me mate has seen it and says that it has some good tips in it not just the ones about calibration proff of radar gun and misprints on ticket but loads of other things. might be worth a try? perhaps some of you on here have seen or heard about it????

golf

Why not just be honest and say you were speeding you realised what speed you were doing and it is wrong. Plead that you need your car for work and take it from thier. Bet the courts will be alot more lienuent (Sorry spelling.)than you stating bull/s to try and get out of it. If you say that you did not know what speed you were going then that even worse than speeding its self!

telling the truth gets you no where. meny a time have i thought hang on i will be honest and it has back fired on me from all things from speeding to warrenty repairs on electronics.