ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had the Bmw back at White details

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I haven't post anything in the detailing section lately, mostly out of shame due to how little the Clio and BMW have been washed. Most of the year I have been doing ridiculous amounts of over time and working hard to get fit/lose weight so my love cleaning anything has taken a back seat. The Clio is disgusting as its the work horse for all things house related and carrying my mountain bike but BMW has been back down to Jim at White details. Its about 16 months since we bought the car and it went to him for a minor correction plus various upgrades. All the coatings lasted incredibly well (Gtechniq c1+Exo on paint) but unfortunately it had a visit to the spray booth after another driver caught the bumper and on a windy day the drivers door hit a wall on opening. I was planning to take it back anyway for a top up. Initially after a chat with Jim it was going back for an enhancement detail with localised correction for the new paint and some scratches that had been picked up. Interior deep clean and hub/caliper paint. With Gtechniq( again c1 + Exo for paint) coatings and LTT for the leather.
We dropped the car off last Saturday, Jim was going to get it cleaned and decontaminated then we would have a chat. After a long chat I decided to move up to a minor correction and Crystal serum + Exo.
Really pleased withe results, also added a few new parts, rear number plate, new side repeaters, now brake caliber clips (although new Jim gave them a coat of black paint to contract against the silver of the hubs and callipers) new exhaust trim (not fitted as yet due to a seized screw, but existing one polished up well) and a new drivers side door trim, this hasn't been fitted yet but Jim coated it.
Hers the link to his Facebook page, there are various pics and vids of the process, He is going to put more pics though
https://www.facebook.com/WhiteDetails?fref=ts

Reactions: Gus

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah didn't realise this was yours.

His social media exposure has been spot on recently. Love Jim's work.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
He did a really good job for me, most panels got a lot more than a minor correction. Apart from the new paint he said it was like granite

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Such a nice guy. Lots of good advice. I enjoy doing stuff myself but I just don't have time anymore and I just couldn't do what he has achieved.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I'd rather not say just because it was quite specific to the car and Jim looked after to me as a returning customer. But if you go on white details there are guide prices and what the various upgrades are.

A lot of money, but worth it for your pride and joy (simply put). His work is second to none. And he's not an arsehole, which is refreshing in this industry.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
He's really down to earth , no bull s**t, loves what he does and loves cars.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Been following Jim's work for years now and it's always absolutely spot on.

Just wished he lived a bit closer to me.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I drove 2 and a quarter hours from liverpool, its the long term improvement and protection. Hence why I jumped up to a minor correction and crystal serum. The car still looked better than 99% of cars on the road 16 months after the first detail. Don't get me wrong if you have a weekend car/show car its perhaps a little different but this is a car that does 12k a year and live outside all the time, and a lot of the time is parked on the road.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
3befafcb65a69f60f162d92eabd881f7.jpg

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I haven't post anything in the detailing section lately, mostly out of shame due to how little the Clio and BMW have been washed. Most of the year I have been doing ridiculous amounts of over time and working hard to get fit/lose weight so my love cleaning anything has taken a back seat. The Clio is disgusting as its the work horse for all things house related and carrying my mountain bike but BMW has been back down to Jim at White details. Its about 16 months since we bought the car and it went to him for a minor correction plus various upgrades. All the coatings lasted incredibly well (Gtechniq c1+Exo on paint) but unfortunately it had a visit to the spray booth after another driver caught the bumper and on a windy day the drivers door hit a wall on opening. I was planning to take it back anyway for a top up. Initially after a chat with Jim it was going back for an enhancement detail with localised correction for the new paint and some scratches that had been picked up. Interior deep clean and hub/caliper paint. With Gtechniq( again c1 + Exo for paint) coatings and LTT for the leather.
We dropped the car off last Saturday, Jim was going to get it cleaned and decontaminated then we would have a chat. After a long chat I decided to move up to a minor correction and Crystal serum + Exo.
Really pleased withe results, also added a few new parts, rear number plate, new side repeaters, now brake caliber clips (although new Jim gave them a coat of black paint to contract against the silver of the hubs and callipers) new exhaust trim (not fitted as yet due to a seized screw, but existing one polished up well) and a new drivers side door trim, this hasn't been fitted yet but Jim coated it.
Hers the link to his Facebook page, there are various pics and vids of the process, He is going to put more pics though
https://www.facebook.com/WhiteDetails?fref=ts
@JoePeps