ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfrauds oil on special offer

Megane225FF
Big advert in the sun today.. 5w40 5 litres fully synthetic, £15.99.
For those of you on a budget...

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Well at that price i am buying some, ill just use it as top up oil between services.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
thinking about an oil change at the weekend, is this stuff any good? i've got magnatec in it the now and dont like it!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I've used this stuff for an oil change before brands and it gave good pressure and temps..

Valver
Apparently halfrauds fully syn isnt a 'true' fully synth. remember the post by oilman a while back and some1 asked about it!

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
fruck, i just brought 5 litres from motor parts direct for £20 on my way to work this am. i will ave to take it back, n go to halfrauds

BMW M135i
thinking about an oil change at the weekend, is this stuff any good? i've got magnatec in it the now and dont like it!

I went from magnatec to halfrauds own and its better than it was on magnatec, far less tappety on idle. Will be using it again, might as well stock up now while its cheap.

oh yes!

Magnatec in my valver = bag of spanners that took 10 minutes to stop being tappety when cold-started

Elf excellium = stops being tappety within about 2 minutes, smooth idle and happy to rev :cool:

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
GavFre!!

What did I tell you about changing your oil too often?

What are you on about?:S

There is no harm if you change your oil everyday if one so desires, so i don't understand what you are on about, you have never told me anything useful tbh.

lol ^^^

halfords here i come baby!!! where can you get excellium from guys is this a very good oil?
Excellium 5w40 is the oil supplied by Renault themselves for the 1*2's - ask at your Renault parts place to see what prices they have. I think mine was £23 for 5 litres as the guy didn't charge full whack. (something like £40 book price?)

If they charge loads then you might as well go Silkolene Pro S (I think it's called?) from oilman perhaps :)

A4 Avant & A3
I bought some Elf 5w 40 at the local Renault dealer.. & i think it's £35 for 5 litres, but i think mine came out at £25???.. not complaining :)

ph quick
I bought the 5w50 from halfords, track day and enthusiastic driving apparently, seemed a good price though...