ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halo 3 Beta - May 16th to June 7th

Citroen DS3 DSport
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/26466/Halo-3-beta-test-for-May-16th

Not much use to me cause I never bought Crackdown.

Microsoft has today confirmed that the long-awaited Halo 3 multiplayer beta will go live at 1pm GMT on May 16th – but keen shooter fans will only have until 7:59pm on June 7th to get their fill of Bungie’s latest.

The beta will give gamers their first chance to sample three new levels, as well some of the new game types and weapons set to be included in the full version due out later this year. The trial will also provide developer Bungie with information that will be used in the ongoing development process.

The beta will be open to those who purchased the Halo 3 beta labelled version of Real Time World’s Crackdown, as well as those who fulfilled Microsoft’s rigorous registration requirements.

“Halo and Halo 2 changed the face of console gaming forever,” corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios Shane Kim stated. “Gamers from around the world have logged more than 800 million hours on Xbox Live playing Halo 2, and years after its launch it remains the number one title on our Xbox Live network.

“Bringing an early look at the multiplayer elements of Halo 3 to our passionate fan base is tremendously exciting for us.”

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=MPBetaAndVidocRelease

Last edited:
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Sneeks, If you are at all interested, I'm not sure if itworks, but I have crack down and have no interest whatsoever in Halo, So is there anyway I can "give" you my invite, or do you actually need my copy of the game?

IF its a code or something I would be more than happy to forward it you.

As I say not sure what the procedure is, But IF it can be done you (or anyone else) is more than welcome to it, IIRC i didnt get anything in the box about it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm not exactly sure how I would access the Beta download file but I imagine it would be by initially using the Crackdown disk?

Audi TT 225
Its on the menu in crackdown but its greyed out until its available.
This is the only way you'll be able to access it, via the crackdown menu

57 Clio Campus Sport
I won a code from one of the 6 sites that 100 free to give away and i bought crackdown to because its a mint game so if yone hasnt bought crackdown and really wants to play the beta let me know and ill let you have my code if and when they actually send it to me.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Microsoft has finally confirmed the long-awaited release date for its highly anticipated next-gen FPS, Halo 3 – Bungie’s latest will hit North American retail on September 25th and European shelves a day later.

The news comes on the same day as the Halo 3 multiplayer beta, which will give players an early glimpse of the game’s online functionality, becomes available on Xbox Live.

"Halo 3 is much more than a video game release. It's the biggest entertainment event of the year," Microsoft’s corporate VP of gaming Peter Moore stated.

"On September 25th we intend to deliver a finale that will go down in entertainment history and leave people around the world with an experience that will be shared and enjoyed for years to come."

In conjunction with the game’s release, Microsoft will also launch a Halo-branded edition of it’s iPod-rivalling Zune MP3 player.

Lee

BMW M2C
Most the office have bought their HD's in so they can download it ready for when they get home.

I'll kick it off this evening while I cook my tea.

am on crackdown now anyway

havent played on xbox properly in ages.. nephew (3 yr old) usually plays on crackdown.. lol

bought that bonus pack for it the other day

harpoon gun is hilarious

Revels Mum & Sister
Chances are its 12 Yank time?

If so most of them are behind us so chances are it wont be for a few hours!

1.8 Civic EX
I stumble across some website earlier where some dude has posted his gamertag and it said, game last played, Halo 3 Beta test so it muct be available somewhere lol!

Monaco 172 2/468
I stumble across some website earlier where some dude has posted his gamertag and it said, game last played, Halo 3 Beta test so it muct be available somewhere lol!

My mates had it for days, the offical website gave out random invites to get in early :clown:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeah my mates got it too. random invite had it last week lucky f**k,

theres another timer for an hour on bungie i thnk

Nippy white cup
What a fucker! By the time I get mine back it'll all be over or everyone will be s**t hot and I'll get pissed off lol! :(

Chris

57 Clio Campus Sport
me. Its quite good, too a few trys to find a room but got in one in ts good. Need to get the hang of it a bit more for it to be amazing. You can choose between rumble pit (you versus 7 others), Team Slayer (4vs4 in my room but im not sure if you can have more), And team skirmish (which i assume is a 4vs4 objective game).

In my first few games i managed to try out all of the weapons apart from the red beam thing although someone else in the room killed me with it. Shotgun and the machine gun(does a bit more damage than before) are good. Sniper is pretty much the same as before. There a grenade launcher but the grenades blow up when they hit the ground instead of bouncing like on halo 2. Didnt really like the assault rifle, may just need to use it more.

There were a few different types of grenades but havent got round to playing with them yet