ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halo 3 Beta - May 16th to June 7th

Lee

BMW M2C
apprantly the FPS are crap and graphics are very disapointing.

It looks like Halo, nice but nothing oTT. Frame rate is smooth as....

It's like Forza 2, people may moan about the graphics but it runs at a solid 60fps.

This is awesome, so apparently according to Sony fanboys no doubt! And what do you mean "the FPS are crap" makes no sense!

Why are people moaning about the graphics, are they playing it on 12" black and white tellys? The graphics are ace. The Rumble Pit is massive in scope and has some really nice features, including a supurb looking waterfall. If you have 5.1 surround sound and you walk up to it the bass is amazing, sounds just like a real waterfall. The multiplayer gameplay is supurb as well.

This could well take r6's crown come release day. Very promising seeing as this is only the early beta version. Cant wait! Also, its just a sample of the multiplayer, people forget the single player will be epic and just as good if not better technically.

Last edited:
  M140i/Orange 182

This is awesome, so apparently according to Sony fanboys no doubt! And what do you mean "the FPS are crap" makes no sense!

Why are people moaning about the graphics, are they playing it on 12" black and white tellys? The graphics are ace. The Rumble Pit is massive in scope and has some really nice features, including a supurb looking waterfall. If you have 5.1 surround sound and you walk up to it the bass is amazing, sounds just like a real waterfall. The multiplayer gameplay is supurb as well.

This could well take r6's crown come release day. Very promising seeing as this is only the early beta version. Cant wait!

I am not a sony fanboy far from it, i have never owns PS if fact.

in my opinion ( which i am intitaled to by the way) how is this a step up from previous halo? looks the same to me.

yea its a demo, but surely you would see some sort of improvment.

iam disapointed to say the least, and so are lots of people on xbox forums.

i have the forza demo, and was impressed with that, very smooth, great physics and gameplay.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
the new halo beta isn't a true relfection of how it will look. a lot of people are saying it's only slight better than halo 2 graphics, which is a bit disaapointing yes, but there is more to the game than the way it looks.

I am not a sony fanboy far from it, i have never owns PS if fact.

in my opinion ( which i am intitaled to by the way) how is this a step up from previous halo? looks the same to me.

yea its a demo, but surely you would see some sort of improvment.

iam disapointed to say the least, and so are lots of people on xbox forums.

i have the forza demo, and was impressed with that, very smooth, great physics and gameplay.

Lol, I never called you a fanboy, I was calling those whom you got the info from fanboys (you said 'apparently' in your initial post which suggested you hadn't played it and your info was second hand rather than an opinion).

Most on the Xbox forums are loving it as well if you read through the threads. I can't understand people criticising the graphics as I think they are pretty darn good. I can only think that the critics are playing this on non HD TVs as it does make a big difference obviously.

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225
Why are people moaning about the graphics, are they playing it on 12" black and white tellys?

Im playing it on a 50" plasma in 1080i...... and I still say the graphics are just average...
Game play's nothing new. Very much the same as every other first person online shooter out there. Nothing exciting weapon wise, no wowing effects. Just another FPS

Doubt I'll even buy it...

T

thecremeegg

Rich, finally soemone sees sense! What exactly is new in halo 3 other than the slightly updated graphics? its a generic FPS with no defining features....

Audi TT 225
The experiene offers nothing that you couldn't get from a game of halo 1 multiplayer its just looks a little better.
Ok its a bit more of a tweaked and polished product but non the less the product is still the same!

Environments aren't very interactive, cant use cover, everything just seems run of the mill and a slightly better looking version of something from halo 1 or 2.

Meh :S

T

thecremeegg

True, but why is it any better than other FPSs? why is it so hyped? People seem to be "oo its Halo, must be better than every other shooting game" when in reality its not :dapprove:

Citroen DS3 DSport
I wonder if the rental copy at my local Blockbuster will have the beta invite version of Crackdown.

Audi TT 225
It would work... but you need the crackdown disc to launch h3

900+ mb

Meh Im gonna give it another chance later see if I can "get into it".

Audi TT 225
it downloads but you can only launch it through the crackdown disc menu, they already thought of that ;)